Birrighitti

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

flavze
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Birrighitti

Postby flavze Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:31 pm

to the Nux is a rumour, to replace Vukovic who has gone to perth. Paston would still be the number 1 but spends half the season injured.
RedsFan31
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We are the Army

Re: Birrighitti

Postby RedsFan31 Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:39 pm

First i've heard. Any source?? To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if other A-League clubs were taking a serious interest in him
We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought. - Sir Bobby Robson
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

surely he would only go if he was to be 1st choice keeper.

Is he out of contract?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Who would be United's second choice then?
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Izzo?
We are UNITED, after all....
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:29 pm

I am a huge fan of Mark Birighitti! I wouldnt be surprised at all if someone gets him for next season, he has a lot of potential. To be honest with ya, i wouldnt mind at all if he became our no. 1 GK as of next season, and we sold Galekovic instead.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I am a huge fan of Mark Birighitti! I wouldnt be surprised at all if someone gets him for next season, he has a lot of potential. To be honest with ya, i wouldnt mind at all if he became our no. 1 GK as of next season, and we sold Galekovic instead.
Objectively I agree with you to the point we should almost be looking to move Eugene on. But he deserves better than that from a club he's served so brilliantly.

Birra is a long-term option, but unless Eugene moves on I can't see him staying here to be number 2 any longer.

Good luck to him if he goes.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Izzo?
Also our other youth league keeper ( the lanky guy with red hair) looks pretty good to. im pretty sure Izzo is only 15
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Agree.
More Birra.
Hugene has saved us on so many occasions, but I reckon he was at fault for 2 of GC's goals.

Was watching Schalke on teev t'other day and a big 24yo keeper with confidence does wonders.
Birra is not Neumeijer yet, but he's on the way!
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

First i've heard. Any source??
just a nix fan on the sydney forum.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Birighitti is contracted with us until end of next season. Seeing as we have Izzo lined up, he may move on after then though...
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:18 am

Birighitti is contracted with us until end of next season.
Yes.

No idea why so many people think he's leaving this off-season.

Was watching Schalke on teev t'other day and a big 24yo keeper with confidence does wonders.
Birra is not Neumeijer yet, but he's on the way!
Manuel Neuer.

And no, but it's unlikely he'll ever be. Neuer is like the next Casillas, but for Germany. Really young for a goalkeeper and already the number one for his country.

Birra has proven on several occasions (not just this season) that he's good enough to hold his own in the A-League. Considering the form of Eugene before he was injured, Birra's form SHOULD have been good enough to allow him to hold the spot beyond Euge's return, which was disappointing to see wasn't the case. He'll definitely want to be given a chance, so we really need to do all we can to convince him to stay.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 am

if Euge is staying why doesn't AU loan him out? Whats the point in losing him?
Loan him to Nix or whoever and in 12 months time maybe Euge might get an offer he can't refuse, we get Birra back everyone's happy....
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:49 am

Cannae do intra-league loans. We'd have to release him and have him pre-agree to agree to sign a contract agreement after his agreed contract with whoever he agrees to sign with in that time he's agreed to leave us.

... Or we just ship him off to Indonesia and show them they got ripped off with Vrteski.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Birighitti is contracted with us until end of next season. Seeing as we have Izzo lined up, he may move on after then though...
Izzo is only contracted with us until he is 18 or 19 though.

So I dont think we will ever see him play for the senior team unless something drastic happens. He is probably more of an investment in the bank account of AU tbh if he is as good as they say he is.

Next year im expecting neither keeper has a right to the starting position, Rini has always talked about competition for every position so i assume these guys are in the same boat.

Birra really is under the radar, everyone is going on about matt Ryan who is a young keeper with alot of guts but also makes some howlers. At this stage i feel birra is leaps and bounds better.

We are very lucky in that we have 2 of the better keepers in the league. Must be a credit to Peter Blazincic

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”