Members Day

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

con
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Members Day

Postby con Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Adelaide United FC Supporters Day
Thursday 24 March 20115.00pm – 7.30pm
Hindmarsh Stadium

Fuck me, on a Thursday.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Members Day

Postby Nash Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 pm

that is odd. every other year in recent times has been horribly hot aye?

sucks that there will be no Trav, Leckie, Reid, Slory, Flakes or Fyfe there.
Spudda Glog

Postby Spudda Glog Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:25 pm

How nice of them to make it on my birthday :)
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 pm

cassio and cornthaite probably wouldnt be there either. Pantelis ? van dijk might go home for a while so he may not be there ..

I was disappointed there was not a members day during the season, i was planning on getting the coopers strip for leckie to sign and another shirt for the whole team (im a bit of a collector) lol

wish they gave better notice for the open training day.

Ohwell will have to send my partner down there with my flores shirt i suppose lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Blinky

Postby Blinky Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Gee Wizz, the club never fails to amaze me, fancy having a members day on a Thursday Evening between the hours of 17.00 to 1930.

Most people still work in Adelaide and not forgetting kids at school.
Most of the team have either left or gone on holidays at this time.

What happenned to the members day throughout the season?.

It appears the the club does not really care about its season tickets holders and club members and as such is not motivating the membership to purchase membership next season.

Perhaps Vidmar was right? we are a Piss Ant Club?

We have been a Season Membership holder since the club was first formed in the NSL days, now it makes me question whether I want to be involved next season.

Lift your marketing Adelaide, and get some real marketing people on board as this members day is not good enough and is a disgrace.
flavze

Postby flavze Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Gee Wizz, the club never fails to amaze me, fancy having a members day on a Thursday Evening between the hours of 17.00 to 1930.

Most people still work in Adelaide and not forgetting kids at school.
Most of the team have either left or gone on holidays at this time.

What happenned to the members day throughout the season?.

It appears the the club does not really care about its season tickets holders and club members and as such is not motivating the membership to purchase membership next season.

Perhaps Vidmar was right? we are a Piss Ant Club?

We have been a Season Membership holder since the club was first formed in the NSL days, now it makes me question whether I want to be involved next season.

Lift your marketing Adelaide, and get some real marketing people on board as this members day is not good enough and is a disgrace.
so the club has family day on a day that doesn't suit you and your considering giving up on them? Viddie said it was a piss ant town, and with people like youself it's hard to argue tbh.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 pm

I gotta admit, it is a bit strange to have it on a Thursday evening. What happened to Saturday or Sundays? For me, they've left it too late this season.
Justonegoal

Postby Justonegoal Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:55 pm

seems a like a after thought... I guess if you are unhappy about the way it has been organised best thing to do is let the club know it should be done better, dont not go, get out there and see the players and thank them for the season that they have given us, but at the same time request improvement from the club on this sort of thing.
Justonegoal

Postby Justonegoal Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Adelaide United FC Supporters Day
Thursday 24 March 20115.00pm – 7.30pm
Hindmarsh Stadium

Fuck me, on a Thursday.
Con, some of us would fuck you anyday....
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 am

God sake everytime AU announce anything someone has a whinge about when its on. Friday night match people whinge they are busy, Sunday arvo games people whinge they have work the next day, midweek games whingers still. What would you like AU to ring every support and ask them when they're free?

I'm sorry i understand people work and i do agree 17:00 isn't a great time to start but AU obviously can cater for everyone sometimes you have to miss out. Its a members day not a Grand Final.
Time to Djbate!
Shane

Postby Shane Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 am

God sake everytime AU announce anything someone has a whinge about when its on. Friday night match people whinge they are busy, Sunday arvo games people whinge they have work the next day, midweek games whingers still. What would you like AU to ring every support and ask them when they're free?

I'm sorry i understand people work and i do agree 17:00 isn't a great time to start but AU obviously can cater for everyone sometimes you have to miss out. Its a members day not a Grand Final.
Sorry, but I really disagree here.

A weekend is an obvious choice as this is when families are most likely to be available. Families are what the club should be aiming at when they host a Members Day, so their kids can meet their heroes. If you want to improve your support and reach out to more people, your members, the heart of your club, it's vital really.

If you're a Mum or Dad and have kids in after school child care and you work on the opposite side of town to where you live, which is generally the way it is, you'd be rushing around like an idiot to get to Hindmarsh in time. Luckily I do not fall into any of these categories.

I agree that this is something that should have happened perhaps towards the end of the season, so people had a chance to have merchandise signed and a quick shake of the hand with the players and those that may be departing, ala Leckie.

It's all about promotion and picking a day in which most people will be available and they've picked a late night shopping day which is not the best idea in my eyes.
Shano. Red to the core.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 am

oh i agree its a dumb move!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 am

In the clubs defence this year was very very hectic for the club and players around the time that the normal members day is.

It is unfortunate but if its going to make you rip up your membership then well... i dunno... good luck to you?

I really hope next year they have a couple of open trainings like the one they did a few weeks back, put on a sausage sizzle money could go to local clubs?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Shane

Postby Shane Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

haha if people rip up their memberships due to the timing of a Members Day, that's a pretty silly thing to do.

If I were running the club, I'd be doing everything in my power to connect to the members and fans, but that's just me.
Shano. Red to the core.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Actually 5pm is a great time for families, at least those with a parent at home. You go and pick the kids up from school and head to Hindmarsh for the members day. 9-5 working parent then meets you at Hindmarsh at about 5:30-45 and you have a picnic dinner and have a chat with the players etc.

But that is looking at this in a positive as opposed to negetive light.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”