Travis Dodd is moving west, Reid no longer required.

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Travis Dodd is moving west, Reid no longer required.

Postby Old Gregg Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 am

I'm sure the 'AFL' dig was just in relation to the age thing. AFL is a young man's game and there's not that many going around on the wrong side of 30. Football is a different matter and I agree with Trav that the mentality (not just in Adelaide but throughout Oz) that players are automatically on the downhill once they hit 30 is misleading...
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm

How dare we invest in youth
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
flavze
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby flavze Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm sure the 'AFL' dig was just in relation to the age thing. AFL is a young man's game and there's not that many going around on the wrong side of 30. Football is a different matter and I agree with Trav that the mentality (not just in Adelaide but throughout Oz) that players are automatically on the downhill once they hit 30 is misleading...
Last years double winning coach reckons the a-league is a young mans league, though i do agree age isn't necessarily an issue in football. But if a player around 30 has health/fitness/injury issues than they are going to be treated with more caution than someone in their 20's when doing contracts.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”