Travis Dodd is moving west, Reid no longer required.

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

leeds4eva
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Re: Travis Dodd is moving west, Reid no longer required.

Postby leeds4eva Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Dodd -

"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Dodd -

your on your own on that one :?

respect the man he has given us so much

How would everyone feel if we signed travis for more money and it meant we couldnt chase flores for the long term?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm

i would really like to hear these guys speak frankly why they did that and maybe who it was directed at.

Could be sour grapes but i'm sure there has to be something behind it.

I'm surprised val didn't get his hands on this little piece of goss!
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 am

did anybody see in today's paper the article about the two parting AUFC players and their gift to the remaining reds?

it was in Adelaide Confidential, didn't name names but said 2 departing reds players left a cake in the dressing room for the remaining players. it was a cake of a ticking time bomb...
I looked but I could not find anything.
What's this about, the cake?

They had a cake made to look like a "time bomb" and then left it in the players dressing rooms.

Have I got this right?
Or is it all cryptic?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 am

did anybody see in today's paper the article about the two parting AUFC players and their gift to the remaining reds?

it was in Adelaide Confidential, didn't name names but said 2 departing reds players left a cake in the dressing room for the remaining players. it was a cake of a ticking time bomb...
I looked but I could not find anything.
What's this about, the cake?

They had a cake made to look like a "time bomb" and then left it in the players dressing rooms.

Have I got this right?
Or is it all cryptic?
Nope thats what it said. I very much doubt anyone will speak out to exactly what this means
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 pm

I think it’s good and fair to clear some things up about that situation because we did everything to keep Travis Dodd with this club. I definitely don’t want to be negative because no one deserves that including Travis, we wish him all the best of luck with his future. But I remember the first time before the new owners were here, the first person we spoke about with their future was our captain Travis. We talked about a one year deal with an option, and at that stage he hadn’t kicked a ball on the pitch for the season. It was a very good one year offer and we told him there was the option for another year, not depending on whether he plays all the games but just if he was available for his fitness. He didn’t accept that offer directly and that’s understandable.

We were waiting and when the new owners came in he was again the first one that we talked to. We gave him some more security, that’s what he deserved. He still hadn’t played a lot of games at that moment. We offered him two years, about him being captain for the rest of his career and we talked about an option if he’s still fit after two years he could still join us. The club also told him that it would look after him after his playing career if he finished his career here, and to try and find a solution to keep him with the club for as long as possible.

So if you ask me did the coach and the club want Travis here – yes and it was disappointing to read that he and some other people thought in a different way. I think we did everything from the start to the end to keep him here. The last conversation I had with him I congratulated him on his next step and again I wish him all the best in the future, he’s a fantastic football player. So there are no issues, but sometimes it’s fair to clear some things up and that we did everything to keep him here and we wanted to keep him here.
i still understand why Trav chose what he chose.

i get the vibe that maybe he expects a job role at the club when he retires though, regardless of whether he re-signed with us or not.
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:22 am

Im sceptical about trav coming back in any role. Its gunna hurt seeing him try and beat us
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 am

He has publically said he has no interest in being a behind the scenes person at a club, he wants to pursue a media career post playing.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6162817176
FORMER Adelaide United skipper Travis Dodd has had another crack at his old club.

After being on the end of a 1-0 win for Perth Glory at nib Stadium on Sunday night, Dodd believes Adelaide has adopted an AFL adage when dealing with players who hit 30.

Before the game Dodd said he was planning to "stick it up em''and alluded to unhappiness in the Reds camp.

``Unfortunately age is an AFL mentality in this country,'' Dodd told Four Four Two.

``I know certainly in Adelaide seems like once you hit the age of 30 you're over the hill and cant play anymore.

``I was talking to the Adelaide chairman Greg Griffin at the end of the season and certainly when offering contracts that's definitely a factor in offering deals.
''And he readily admitted its an AFL mentality.''
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 am

Dodd once again putting in the boot when the club and everyone there has done nothing but be possitive about him. Fast losing his club legend status.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Between Dodd's comments about the club, and Reid walking out, I wonder what was going on behind closed doors at the end of last season?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 pm

None of our concern really.

Dodd put in 6 great years and lead our club thriugh some massive highs, why cant we just remember him for that ? Anyine who thinks they know what went on behind closed doors is kidding themselves.

Its not like he is putting the boot into the supporters.

Imo when they play at hindmarsh i hope dodd ventures up the north end at the end of the game so we can give him a good cheer
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 pm

tbh i'm happy that out club is being run a bit more like an "AFL" club than an old boys chook raffle/piss up saturday arvo bbq club that it was before. It may not be perfect or guarantee success but at least it looks like we are trying.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, AFL's management does a pretty good job. Sure it's not the best but it works in Australia.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm

What did the old ways get us. Bugger all, no owners and grief from the FFA.
If we are managed like an AFL club all the better, this a professional game.
Welcome to the 21st century, Trav

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”