Slory

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redhorse
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Slory

Postby redhorse Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Was bored, and was doing some info search about this guy.

I didn't relise he was playing for Feyenoord as recently as only a year and a half ago. He's obviously got the talent, but some of the articles i read has a lot to do with his temper and how he is ill disciplined. Which is a big reason he went from Eredivise, to Championship, to Bulgaria, To Us. Although Id think our league wouldn't be below the Bulgarian league.

You can tell he gets fired up on the field which I love but lets hope for the clubs sake and for his that he can stay on track and become a major player for us. (assuming he is going to be with us next year as he says).

I just wish leckie stayed with us one more year. Slory, Leckie, Flores, SVD up front. :bow:

Thoughts?

Re: Slory

Postby bensy Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 pm

I think he fits in well with our club and supporters. everyone gets right behind him when he cracks the shits and has the same hard done by attitude.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 pm

He's got death-ray eyes.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

i actually worry about his attitude a bit. in just the small amount of times i've watched him play, i've gotten frustrated at his short temper. very fast to complain about a bad pass or pass not made that he felt should of been. and when you can't keep your cool, it can become difficult to stay focused and remain on your toes ready for what happens next.

rather than complaining, he could be covering us defensively, or noticing that a new play/opportunity has opened up.

it does worry me a tad.
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

it does worry me a tad.
Agreed, its a fine line between passion and craziness. just ask one K. Muscat.
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene

Postby ontheroad Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 am

i actually worry about his attitude a bit. in just the small amount of times i've watched him play, i've gotten frustrated at his short temper.
agreed. unfortunately haven't been to too many games this year but when I have seen slory i have been disapointed in his attitude. if he doesn't get it or where he wants it he just stops. hate it when players just stop and crack the shits.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am

I have actually been impressed with slory.

He has pace, but unlike leckie he has great close ball control.

This guy wants to win , he expects to win and i love that.

I felt his first 30 minutes against MV were great b4 he got injured, since then he has not really featured in a game where the pitch is almost unplayable which would affect what kind of balls are dished out to him.

In interviews he is straight down the line, i LOL'd at one of his comments ...something along the lines of "this is the first club i have actually liked all of my team mates"

or his comment ab out kevin musket kicking out peoples legs "well he will have to catch me first" ... love it!

Also at the adelaide oval game, Slory and Usucar hung around signing stuff for fans well after the team went back down the race
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 am

i like his attitude. kind of falls into line with what happened yesterday with cassio.
the more players we have in the squad with the must win and only win attitude the better. it will stick with the younger kids and teach them never to back off.
it shows the difference in mentality of players from top clubs overseas to locals who have only ever played here.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 am

Yeah he's looked dangerous for us i think if we can get 90 mins out of him he'll probably score or create one or two goals. He does argue a lot which i'm not a huge fans of i rather see people forget about arguing with the ref. I guess if he ticked every box not just most of them he'd still be in The Netherlands.
Time to Djbate!
super cube

Postby super cube Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am

He is rubbish. If he was any good he wouldn't be in Adelaide. Argues too much and will turn out to be just another average foreigner.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:42 pm

He is rubbish. If he was any good he wouldn't be in Adelaide. Argues too much and will turn out to be just another average foreigner.
I agree with u to an extent. He does argue way too much (it was ridiculous how short his temper was against Wellington), and he doesnt take on defenders enough, he looks to pass back a lot. But i dont wanna judge him too harshly, he's only played a few games and last week the conditions were bad to play in. Having said that, i hope Leckie or Ramsay start ahead of him this week.
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 pm

He does look a lot less likely to beat a defender with the ball at his feet rather than trying to knock it long and sprinting past, which would make him great as a counter-attacking threat but not for a winger getting the ball further up the field. If he's still adjusting, then I hope that means that changes and he shows some more dimension to his play.

One good story from the Wellington game was that after he was subbed off, he was told to get in the showers. Went in and, when we scored, ran out in his towel to find out what was going on.

I haven't been impressed with him too much (speed's great, but his temper and style haven't grown on me), but that story did make me smile and warm to him a little.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm

[and he doesnt take on defenders enough, he looks to pass back a lot. But i dont wanna judge him too harshly,
Thats something the Coolen wants though. At training today he told Slory not to bolt down the wing everytime a rather bring the ball back and control to play more.
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 pm

As much as he hasn't done a great deal yet i like him, think he has alot of ability and potential from what i have seen.
bensy

Postby bensy Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 pm

One good story from the Wellington game was that after he was subbed off, he was told to get in the showers. Went in and, when we scored, ran out in his towel to find out what was going on.
Love it. I still think he deserves the benefit of the doubt - he really hasn't had much game time yet.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”