Reflections on tonight's game and our fans

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Brawn69
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Reflections on tonight's game and our fans

Postby Brawn69 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Scrappy game, we really missed not having a big CF out there. Great win though.
Our fans.....worst in the League???? On tonights performance i would put us on par with the tards. Disgraceful. On a day which was supposed to be about promoting our club, turned into the ugliest scenes i have ever seen at a United v Victory game.
Flares flares and more flares. Should all be locked up. Bottles thrown on the pitch, flares thrown at Victory Players, flares thrown at Victory fans, constant missiles being pelted at their fans.
I am embarrassed to be a united supporter today. Our fans were every thing i've always hated about the tards.
smooth_pockets

Re: Reflections on tonight's game and our fans

Postby smooth_pockets Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Agree. I almost believe you are better off not segregating the fans, it creates an us against them mentality.
RedsGirl74
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergio Van Dijk
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Reds Go Marching In

Postby RedsGirl74 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:08 pm

The flares really turned me off too. Without them, it would have just about been a perfect night for me.
Go the Reds!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 pm

The flares were not from fans they were from trouble makers who moonlit as fans once a year when mv are in town.

I was appalled to see one launched at the mv supportors and another at archie all though he is a dick.

I hope anyone who saw this take place called these guys out to security
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Btw well done ti the red army great noise.

It angers me that when anything bad happens it is always said to be the red army when clearly they are not even supportors . It ruins all the hard work done by shane and co in regards to attracting people to gsmes,

Seriously guys call these dicks out they ruin it for all
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:37 pm

They were a bunch of kids, saw 3 of them tucking flares into their pants on the way to the game to get past security and before I could point them out to anyone they were into the crowd. They did get picked up by the cops at one point though.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Great game to watch, not the greatest game technically for both sides but a good game. Shame about all the flares and all, I hate the tards as much as the next guy but I wouldn't want flares thrown at me so its very disappointing to know that it was our side that was throwing flares and other objects.

I couldn't make it to the march to AO. So I was wandering, how did the march go? was it a good turn out?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 am

Apparently the flare thrown at melbourne fans was actually their flare to begin with but got thrown back. Still , no excuse.

Make an example of these kids put their faces on the scoreboard, name and shame.
bensy

Postby bensy Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:34 am

They were a bunch of kids, saw 3 of them tucking flares into their pants on the way to the game to get past security and before I could point them out to anyone they were into the crowd. They did get picked up by the cops at one point though.
I came from work so I had my work clothes with me in a backpack. I was expecting to have to take every item out when having my bag searched which I would be happy to do as I had nothing to hide.

The security who checked my bag did not even ask me to open the zip! Just patted my bag down - I could have had anything in there. Seems like they almost wanted flares to get in.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Disgraceful behaviour from some of our fans. Whoever ripped the flares & threw all the bottles may not have been red army, but they were certainly standing right in the middle of the active support group, and from where I was standing it didn't look like anyone was making any effort to put a stop to their behaviour. if you're not doing anything to stop the idiots in your midst you're complicit in their behaviour.

And throwing the lit flare into the Victory supporters - not just stupid and mindless but really fucking dangerous. Ashamed to be a Reds fan after seeing that.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Nuske
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: FLORES

Postby Nuske Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Nothing wrong with adding a bit of 'flair'. Stop being so square fellow pissants!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Nuske, why dont you just disapear you are in the extreme minority how do you consider to be a fan when that behavoiur only hurts the game in this country, i mean takes redgirls who posted here in this thread before and after the game,people like you are turning them away,

Redagirl, there has never been a riot in the history of adelaide united, only once there was some spirited chanting from either side of the street with one or two taking it to far and the media jumpred on it. Also it was the first flair seen all season aswell.

Dont worry these kids wont be there next week, they only come for melbourne victory games to do exactly as they did, thats the solid truth tbh
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 pm

The flares were not from fans they were from trouble makers who moonlit as fans once a year when mv are in town.
I mentioned about these dropkicks in another post, always causing trouble at AO games with flares and agro. Westlo must know who the are by now, they have ejected some before, but they seem to let them in again and again.
The ones I've seen are't northern suburbs deadheads as I have'nt seen them round Elizabeth, Parabanks or Munno Para but have seen some of them at TTP

If we are unfortunate enough to have any more games at AO I will personally point them out to Westlo and the Cops and make a bit of a fuss about, I am sick of these twats trying to ruin the reputation of AU fans.
We may have some bad behaviour at Hindmarsh but it seems to escalate markedly at AO.
Nuske
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: FLORES

Postby Nuske Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Stop being soft. I don't see the problem with flares, as long they are not being thrown, they look great.
Fantastic night good work to all that made crowd!
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:03 pm

blame archie thompson for inciting the crowd.
but i enjoyed every minute of last night.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”