Crowds stay up atmosphere down

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Crowds stay up atmosphere down

Postby Nash Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Hewie

Postby Hewie Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

I find this thread hilarious for the record.

We have probably one of the best atmospheres of the entire A-League. I sit at the southern end, away from the Red Army, but you can see from where I am they put effort in. Some of it a little laughable, but theres certainly the effort and enthusiasm from them in particular to get a good match day experience. Add to that the efforts pre game and Id say things are actually quite good from the supporters.

Cant please everyone I guess
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

I guess it depends what you consider atmosphere... Personally I prefer flares and fireworks and fights between supporters and even shooting and stabbings. hence why I moved to Brasil. Always thought the a league lacked in that department. Tickets are cheap at the moment zehle, see you soon
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 pm

I find the atmosphere quite good, the main lack comes from the southern end of the GA stand as that area tends to be filled with the not greatly affiliated.

The only disapointment that I have in terms of atmosphere is how rarely the Gold stand joins in, because of the roof over them they can be by far and away the loudest portion of the 12th man - something I don't think they realise.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Shane

Postby Shane Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:56 pm

I find the atmosphere quite good, the main lack comes from the southern end of the GA stand as that area tends to be filled with the not greatly affiliated.

The only disapointment that I have in terms of atmosphere is how rarely the Gold stand joins in, because of the roof over them they can be by far and away the loudest portion of the 12th man - something I don't think they realise.
I think it's a matter of "helping/enticing" those in the West Stand to be involved.

It works for the Upper North because everyone will turn around and get them standing up. After a while, those in the Upper North will clap and sing on their own (well, those centrally) and join in with the Red Army below.

Every home match is the same routine, and it works. People look around to see other people standing and it's the whole domino effect.

It'd be nice to see some enticement on other parts of the ground, that's for sure.
Shano. Red to the core.
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Hoping the membership committee will be able to come up with ways of improving the situation.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

We have family friendly areas why not have family 'un' friendly areas where you have to be 18 or over? An area where you can react to a lousy call from the ref and not feel bad for teaching the 8 year old next to you a new word.

Maybe start with the snake pit to see how it goes?

Obviously don't call it unfriendly but something along those lines
Time to Djbate!
Zehle
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Francisco Usucar

Postby Zehle Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 pm

We have family friendly areas why not have family 'un' friendly areas where you have to be 18 or over? An area where you can react to a lousy call from the ref and not feel bad for teaching the 8 year old next to you a new word.

Maybe start with the snake pit to see how it goes?

Obviously don't call it unfriendly but something along those lines

that what i was thinking, they should have an area, maybe the lower north stand where it's closed off and anything inside is allowed, with age restriction of course
Zehle

Postby Zehle Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 pm

I think it's a matter of "helping/enticing" those in the West Stand to be involved.

It works for the Upper North because everyone will turn around and get them standing up. After a while, those in the Upper North will clap and sing on their own (well, those centrally) and join in with the Red Army below.

Every home match is the same routine, and it works. People look around to see other people standing and it's the whole domino effect.

It'd be nice to see some enticement on other parts of the ground, that's for sure.

yeah other stands are really boring, but it's where the middle aged people sit, and they don't have the energy LOL. but maybe if they did a little chanting it would help the atmosphere a lot
Zehle

Postby Zehle Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm

With any volunteer organisation it is important for people to put their hand up to assist. It is amazing the amount that is achieved with so few people. I suggest, Zehle, that you PM one of the Red Army posters here and volunteer your time to assist in the process. This way you will be proactive in your approach. Help build a huge banner, lead a chant and organise a pre-game function.... then you'll earn the right to complain.

For the record from watching on the box I find Hindmarsh has a great atmosphere with plenty of people getting involved and even the passive portions of the crowd all decked out in red.

this has got nothing to do with the Red Army, i respect them a lot!! i'm talking about the whole crowd.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm

yeah other stands are really boring, but it's where the middle aged people sit, and they don't have the energy LOL. but maybe if they did a little chanting it would help the atmosphere a lot

I can't really imagine everyone in the crowd chanting some people just aren't like that.

And people who come to the game a couple of times a season aren't going to know the songs or have the passion to cheer players they barely know.

Its just up to us regulars to create the best atmosphere that you can't get anywhere else for the people that are interested!
Time to Djbate!
Zehle

Postby Zehle Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:15 pm

I find this thread hilarious for the record.

We have probably one of the best atmospheres of the entire A-League. I sit at the southern end, away from the Red Army, but you can see from where I am they put effort in. Some of it a little laughable, but theres certainly the effort and enthusiasm from them in particular to get a good match day experience. Add to that the efforts pre game and Id say things are actually quite good from the supporters.

Cant please everyone I guess

How is it hilarious? i don't think it's a bad idea to always improve as much as possible, but most people think otherwise
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I am middle aged Zehle! I join in when I can and I do shout a lot ;). My problem is I don't know the chants really and as the chants are pretty much unknown across the rest of the stands (most people would be like me) it would be hard to get them going - you feel like a dick on your own and when no one else knows them how can they join in with you anyway?

If the main family friendly chants were taught to the crowds that you be the best way to improve the atmoshpere. I also would love it if the club could assist the RA to do a multi stand card tifo for the finals.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:42 pm

We're not real supporters, we're not real supporters. Nah nah nah, nah nah nah.

@bundi - I also like knives and loudly spoken swear words.
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Re: SLOW IT DOWN!

Postby Chips Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Congrats! I think this is the first active support thread on wearethereds. It's a topic that has been brought up again and again.

I was going to post a thread along these lines myself.

I say BRING BACK THE MAJOR!

Atm I think the atmosphere is suffering because the chanters are a bit too enthusiastic. By that I mean that a chant is started and it's almost like a competition to see how fast it can be finished. Chants are lasting 30secs or less!

The result is that chants are then repeated too many times as well.

IMO the opposite should be aimed for i.e. chant as slow as possible and to make the chant last as long as possible. like when making love to a good woman (so i'm told :D )

The major was great at leading this and setting the tempo. When the reds go marching in was a classic example.

+1 bring back the major!

And yh slow it down
Last edited by Chips on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”