Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ganas
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!

Postby ganas Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

Just listened to Merrick press conference, amongst whinges were

- can't work out why Muscat was sent off
- complained about lack of strikers
- thought his midfield were dominant before the first goal and was therefore unlucky
- thought Petkovic was held before the Barberio goal[/b]
- thought Adelaide only had 4 good chances and took all four
- didn't think it was a spiteful game and couldn't work out why 9 cards were handed out.
- then right at the end after the press conference has finished he says "and what about the diving?"

Someone get the man a box of tissues. see for yourself below

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/03 ... l=football

petkovic was held? did anybody see the neck hold petkovic had on barbs before that goal? surely that has to be reviewed by the Match Rreview Panel?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 am

Lol this guy surely must be kidding himself!? If my coach was this one-eyed after a drubbing like that then I'd be worried about his ability to observe and analyse a game!

What game was he watching?! Adelaide absolutely dominated from start to finish and never looked like losing. Merrick needs to pull his head out because if he thinks his team were hard-done-by, unlucky or unfortunate then he is sorely mistaken and that kind of ignorance will surely see MV fail come finals.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 am

petkovic was held? did anybody see the neck hold petkovic had on barbs before that goal? surely that has to be reviewed by the Match Rreview Panel?
This. Then Barbs just buried it, suck it Petkovic.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 am

This. Then Barbs just buried it, suck it Petkovic.
Barbs did you see anything?

"No i was too busy WINNING!"
Time to Djbate!
Spiro
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:29 am

Did Pancho take a dive?
Just before he was collected by Berger, he went down a tad too easily and he wasn't given a free kick by the ref.

Then he rolled around a bit after being kicked.

He may also be referring to the free kick we scored from. Cassio looked like he went down a bit easily also but to the naked eye, it looked a clear foul.
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

^^ I saw him rolling around when he got collected by Berger and I did cringe a bit, but after seeing the replay he was really lucky he didn't end up with a fractured skull or something.

Fair enough about him going down easily. Don't like to see that.
#WeAreUnited
Spiro
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 am

Reading the Tard forum, a lot of them seem like they've had enough of merrick et al and are calling for big changes:

Muscat, Merrick, Petkovic, Vargas, Berger all being questioned.

Wanting Angulo to get more game time.

Questioning why Kemp didn't play.

Questioning the politics of the club ie Allsop getting 90 minutes, despite merrick not wanting to play him etc

Also, a lot of criticism towards Merrick and Brebner's presser.

is anyone else absolutely on cloud 9 today lol
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC

Postby TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm

i am still on cloud 9.....great effort every 1 whom came......fkn half time outside omg..... :boogie: :boogie:
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

I see Moron Merrick claims he has no idea what the red was for.
LOL even the fans on their forum are calling him an idiot for that!

There's also been a bit of talk about diving but I must have missed it as my satellite feed kept dropping out due to terrible weather up here.

Did Pancho take a dive?
Pancho went down under pressure, call it a dive if ya want or just see it as him doing a bit of time wasting. Wasn't an out an out dive with no contact, just went down easy.
The flopping fish routine was funny, over the top sure but fuck me it was a dangerous as fuck tackle/attack.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Reading the Tard forum, a lot of them seem like they've had enough of merrick et al and are calling for big changes:

Muscat, Merrick, Petkovic, Vargas, Berger all being questioned.

Wanting Angulo to get more game time.

Questioning why Kemp didn't play.

Questioning the politics of the club ie Allsop getting 90 minutes, despite merrick not wanting to play him etc

Also, a lot of criticism towards Merrick and Brebner's presser.

is anyone else absolutely on cloud 9 today lol
They'd been on a good run before losing their last two games. But perhaps this defeat will send the alarm bells ringing.

Merrick and a lot of his team are clearly past their use by date, and the fact the league has raised a notch has only left them behind. Add to that, they now have competition in the city and they've rested on their laurels- never a good thing.

There's something to be said about stability, and Merrick is the only foundation coach left in the A-League. But this can easily turn into stagnation, which is what we've seen. He's always been tactically daft, a fact barely masked by the outstanding quality of players that the club has had, which was enough for them to win the league twice. But their overt reliance on one or a few players, instead of any coherent gameplan, is a bad thing.
upthebrum

Postby upthebrum Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Sergio goes fucking bang indeed! Got to be a contender for goal of the season... I was cracking the shits about Cassio not taking it, shows what I know! Rambo and Dodd carved up down the wings, Cassio was at his swashbuckling best too (it was almost like we were playing three at the back at times).

Watched the game after I knocked off work and I still cannot believe that result. After watching at least six or seven of the ten that we lost (including three away games) I was both stoked and slightly pissed off that I couldn't have been there to witness it in person... Still, I could probably be hit by a bus today and die a happy man.

The crowd outsang the home supporters for the majority of the game, but they seemed to go quiet towards the end - maybe in a state of disbelief at the scoreline? Great to see the players and Rini give the away supporters some loving after the game too. That game was a great advertisement for the A-League and is never going to be deleted from my DVR!

P.S. Muscat's sending off was soft, but it's great to finally see him get what's coming to him. Definitely intentional though, the dirty fucker... You could not have scripted it better - personally, I'd take a 4-1 win and Muscat getting sent off over a higher margin!

The intentional handball was a clear-cut red card, and so was Berger's disgusting kick from behind. Even though he was nowhere near the ball, he probably won't get done for it. I know that the rules in the Premier League only apply for incidents that the referee didn't see - and given that he already received a yellow, you would assume that they couldn't take any further action.
Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

The intentional handball was a clear-cut red card, and so was Berger's disgusting kick from behind. Even though he was nowhere near the ball, he probably won't get done for it. I know that the rules in the Premier League only apply for incidents that the referee didn't see - and given that he already received a yellow, you would assume that they couldn't take any further action.
Well, some of the commentators made specific reference to it (can't remember if it was Harper in the Asian Cup show or Peacock & Co during the CCM game) - and said that despite him receiving a yellow card it can still be reviewed because it pertains to violent conduct.
#WeAreUnited
upthebrum

Postby upthebrum Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Hopefully so, because that shithead deserves to be sidelined for at least three games for that. As I said, I was only stating what the rules are for the EPL...
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho

Postby Agostinho Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hopefully so, because that shithead deserves to be sidelined for at least three games for that. As I said, I was only stating what the rules are for the EPL...
Yeah fingers crossed - and I was of the same understanding as you until it was mentioned on teh fox.
#WeAreUnited

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”