New Signing - Deigo Estrada

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Seanason_AU
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

New Signing - Deigo Estrada

Postby Seanason_AU Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:15 am

ADELAIDE United may have to offload one of its seven imports in the January FIFA transfer window after Costa Rican Diego Estrada agreed to a three-year deal last night.

The Costa Rican's expected arrival next week is not only a warning for Adelaide's foreign brigade, but could possibly fast-track the end for some Aussie-bred Reds by the season's finale.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/sig ... 5979014946

Interesting. Flores leaving before end of january? he wont cut Cassio or VD, Slory and Pancho just got here. VD might be going to Indonesia for the new league but you'd think we would have bought a striker if that was the case.

So either Keenan will be cut or Flores will be sold. Sad either way really, but thats football. Hopefully this new guy is as good as / better than Flores and is worth his spot.
Seanason_AU

Re: New Signing - Deigo Estrada

Postby Seanason_AU Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 am

Cassio is eligible for citizenship. Swearing in Ceremony is at latest 26th Jan (club could pull strings and get it done earlier).

Get it sorted please Cass <3
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 am

Hmm I am glad about all these signings but it does not sound good for our other great imports. Methinks this sounds like Keenan is leaving for sure and also semi-confirms that Flores will also be leaving in Jan.

As was said above I cannot see our sole striker leaving, the other two have just arrived and Cassio just resigned.

Also, what's this talk of ANOTHER import Right Back coming? Doesn't Rini understand the import rule lol?

Anyway it's good to have money again :)
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:00 am

Why the concern? Foreigners as follows...
Cassio, usucar, flores, Svd, Estrada. Slory is a guest signing and exempt from foreign player status. Keenan was a short term signing, no? Means his contract is up and won't be renewed. Also, cassia gets citizenship before 2011/12 season, and hey presto, all the foreigners (sans Keenan) are under the cap.
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:30 am

Cassio, usucar, flores, Svd, Estrada. Slory is a guest signing and exempt from foreign player status. Keenan was a short term signing, no? Means his contract is up and won't be renewed. Also, cassia gets citizenship before 2011/12 season, and hey presto, all the foreigners (sans Keenan) are under the cap.
The German speaks the truth
#WeAreUnited
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:40 am

He comes from the same club that Solórzano is on loan from - Alajuelense, he's 21 and he's been called up to the full national squad before, although I don't think he was actually capped. Can't find much more info than that...
#WeAreUnited
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:10 am

I dont think we can afford to lose Keenan in january.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Slory and Usucar are here on short term deals (one a guest the other an official player) but we were looking to sign them for the long term.

Its not a big deal but we cant play with all 7 until one of them gets citizenship.
sall123

Postby sall123 Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 am

is it possible to leave one out for one game then bring the one out in for the next game and take another out/?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:54 am

Keenan has been in australia for quite a while now, isnt it 3 years living here and you can become australian? if so im pretty sure he has been here that long. I dont think he went back after his time with MV as he has an australian wife.

The chances of keeping Slory are slim regardless in my mind, he is here to chase a bit of form.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Anti

Postby Anti Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:18 am

Cassio being naturalised is step 1. But can this be applied to SvD too? He has been around a few years now (and I can't be bothered doing the reasearch).
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:22 am

On another note,

what right does the A-league have signing a 21 year old real up and comer for 3 years!? This kid played really well at in sth africa in the under age world cup. Why has he come to the A-league? i wont complain though!

Also we only have 3 Visa spots taken for next year based on contract status (thats if you do not include cassio) so there is plenty of room.

I definetely dont think this means the end of reid, hughes, barbs etc, it just means everyone in the club will be fighting for their spot every game, i see no harm in this.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:07 pm

his birthday's the same day as mine... must be a pretty good bloke!
glasses jono
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Flores

Postby glasses jono Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

I definetely dont think this means the end of reid, hughes, barbs etc, it just means everyone in the club will be fighting for their spot every game, i see no harm in this.
We need to pay the players and salary cap will be the factor.

I didnt like the idea of Mr Gerard however at the moment im stoked :)

Good work AUFC management :)
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Reid must stay. Hughes I'd like to have here, but Usucar may take his place in the squad. Likewise, Keenan has done little wrong in his time here but may lose out in the numbers game.

I want Barbiero to stay. This season we've barely seen him in his preferred central midfield role. Its a pity, because his natural attacking instinct may have created the space we've been missing with Leckie out.

And Watson looked just fine at RB the other night.
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Keenan has been in australia for quite a while now, isnt it 3 years living here and you can become australian? if so im pretty sure he has been here that long. I dont think he went back after his time with MV as he has an australian wife.

The chances of keeping Slory are slim regardless in my mind, he is here to chase a bit of form.
Keenan went to Scotland for a year between Victory and South Melbourne.

VD is a possibility but he isnt as established here as Cassio is. Cassio will retire in a Red shirt. He will stay here afterwards and continue to work in football.

And yes. Reid must stay. Reid and Usucar will be deadly. Kevin Muscat and Grant Brebner will be shaking in their boots come January 9.
But yeah VD could as well. He could also apply for his Indo papers and count as our Asian player for when we make the champions league in 2012 :)

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”