Adelaide United vs Sydney FC - Matchday Jamboree©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redhorse
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Re: Adelaide United vs Sydney FC - Matchday Jamboree©

Postby redhorse Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 pm

If we don't errect a bronze statue of Cassio outside hindmarsh, then we don't know how to honour our players. What a year he is having and a total club legend.
Agreed. Hes a passionate club player, after all that crap with viddie leaving him out for ages. Hes done well.

And i could imagine he could get paid way more elsewhere. So when.he signed a 2 yr deal last month u know he wants a championship here.

Your a true legend cassio
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 pm

If we don't errect a bronze statue of Cassio outside hindmarsh, then we don't know how to honour our players. What a year he is having and a total club legend.
Agreed. Hes a passionate club player, after all that crap with viddie leaving him out for ages. Hes done well.

And i could imagine he could get paid way more elsewhere. So when.he signed a 2 yr deal last month u know he wants a championship here.

Your a true legend cassio
Edited for accuracy
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Sydney's showing was simply terrible. They really have no idea, or heart. Five losses in a row without scoring, and as bad as Adelaide United were last season even they didn't take that long to win a game or go so long without goals!
Brades36
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: adelaide born

Postby Brades36 Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:28 pm

we done the the red army by the way. put on a great pre game function. great march as well. through the myers centre was classic. i have a great video from it. ill try and put it up tonight
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Well said Ray, AO is a horrible place for football - sound system was crappy, too far from game - i really, really hope they drop this idea soon.

As far as AUFC goes - much, much better last night. In total control from first minute to last. No passengers last night which was good to see. Thought Birra was very solid for his A-League debut. If we don't errect a bronze statue of Cassio outside hindmarsh, then we don't know how to honour our players. What a year he is having and a total club legend.
Agree on all points (except it wasn't Bira's debut)
#WeAreUnited
Spiro
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Well said Ray, AO is a horrible place for football - sound system was crappy, too far from game - i really, really hope they drop this idea soon.

As far as AUFC goes - much, much better last night. In total control from first minute to last. No passengers last night which was good to see. Thought Birra was very solid for his A-League debut. If we don't errect a bronze statue of Cassio outside hindmarsh, then we don't know how to honour our players. What a year he is having and a total club legend.
Agree on all points (except it wasn't Bira's debut)
Indeed, he played once against the Tards didn't he?
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
SpawningSalmon
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Vidosic

Postby SpawningSalmon Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:52 pm

great march as well. through the myers centre was classic. i have a great video from it. ill try and put it up tonight
How many people were there? I was planning on checking it out, but lost track of time... :(
bensy

Postby bensy Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Birighiti got his first start against brisbane roar at suncorp i believe.
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:49 pm

we done the the red army by the way. put on a great pre game function. great march as well. through the myers centre was classic. i have a great video from it. ill try and put it up tonight
Maybe it's cause I sat in the new stand but we couldn't even hear the drums let alone the supporters. But when the chapel stand started chanting it was pretty impressive
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Maybe it's cause I sat in the new stand but we couldn't even hear the drums let alone the supporters. But when the chapel stand started chanting it was pretty impressive
Accoustics accoustics accoustics...
You just can't beat a roof for carrying noise waves.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Not a great game but at least we got away with full points from an away game. I'm no fan of AO, especially when I went to the karzi at the 57th minute!!!
1 level down and around the corner said the Westlo flunky, Krist on a bike!! the lavs were in a different postcode, just pulling up my fly and theres an almighty cheer. bugger bugger bugger, missed Cassio's goal for the season. Even the lavvy's are better at Hindmarsh.

Biri had a good game despite "that fumble". One thing he may have shorten his kick outs, as the team were set up and expecting them to drop near the middle as per Eugenes, but Biri was getting them easily to the back of the centre circle and beyond. The lads should have picked up on that and we may have been able to capitise, wimbledon 1980's style
bensy

Postby bensy Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:47 pm

I'll add that this was the first game I'd seen at Adelaide Oval and after hearing opinions of previous games, I wasn't expecting too much. But I have to say that I enjoyed it and the view was nowhere near as bad as all the whinging made it out to be.

Sat in the Chappelle stands and the chanting was awesome when it took off. A lot of those people were probably east stand supporters at Hindmarsh (and some north end) which just shows that people are willing to chant and support the boys but that effort just evaporates in to the ether at Hindmarsh.

Against Melbourne will be huge.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Sat in the Chappelle stands and the chanting was awesome when it took off. .
And that's the key - if you're not in the Chappell Stands then the atmosphere is completely naff.

I had friends in other parts of the ground that said they may as well have been at the cricket.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”