Adelaide United's Owners

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Adelaide United's Owners

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Did anyone read the Sunday Mail on…Sunday?

Rob Gerard did a big interview talking about the owner's plan for Adelaide United

He outlined a three point plan to drag Adelaide United into the black financially.

1. Reduce admin costs.

I guess this is already done I'm heard that all the retrenching has been done and most of the staff brought in already worked for North Adelaide. Rob also talks of a yet-to-be-found North Suburbs clubroom for fans to get back to after games or go to during the week and for away games. Undoubtedly these clubrooms will also be for North Adelaide (which in my opinion isn't a bad thing for now)

2. Boost crowd numbers

Rob says that Adelaide United needs to average 13 - 14,000 people to make "nice money" which I think is attainable, I'm not sure if he is including the boost to the average number Adelaide Oval games will hopefully give us.
The only issue I have with crowd numbers is what happens when we out grow Hindmarsh for regular games? (If we do) Sure playing a few games at Adelaide Oval will be great for attendances now but I am unsure what effect regular games at the Oval will do. Maybe people might get used to watching games there, maybe it might scare crowds away and we will need to move back to the Marsh.
The only two LONG TERM options I see is either Adelaide United looks at purchasing Hindmarsh so even if crowds are capped at 17,000 it will all be money in AU's pocket or look at building an AAMI park of Melbourne style stadium in Adelaide.

3. Increase sponsorship

This in my opinion is where the new owners have to shine. If these people can use the connections they have to the business community we will see a lot of funds come AU's way.

Other issues he discussed were marquee players and signing players.
Rob mentioned that if Rini would like to spend the money on a marquee player the money is there for him and Adelaide United WILL sign 2-3 overseas players in the January transfer window ( 1-2 now that we have signed Francisco Usucar)
He says overseas players so that could mean old Socceroos or some of Rini's friends for The Netherlands.
Either way it all sounds very positive!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: Adelaide United's Owners

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 pm

they will upgrade hindmarsh if need be, and dont say it cant be done, we push men on the moon over 40 years ago, i think theyh can build around a few churches and a street. There would be way around it.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm

they will upgrade hindmarsh if need be, and dont say it cant be done, we push men on the moon over 40 years ago, i think theyh can build around a few churches and a street. There would be way around it.
True its not imposibile but is it viable? I think the cost of adding 10,000 seats would probably cost the same as a new stadium of similar size.
Time to Djbate!
davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 pm

all they'd have to do is build some corner seating and bam, capacity ups to 20,000
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:14 pm

all they'd have to do is build some corner seating and bam, capacity ups to 20,000
You're talking $20-30 million for 3,000 seats.
Time to Djbate!
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 pm

They did it during the Olympics, don't see why they can't do it again?

And if it was needed, and those seats were filling each game, they'd bring an extra $60,000 + per match.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Sounds good to me.

I reckon we should contact the Qatar WC22 people and ask them if we can have some of the stadium pieces when they finish with them.

Some of the seating could be made to fit and we can give naming rights to the corners to Qatar Airways for example.

5 star airline
5 star seating

:)

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:32 pm

To have those tempory stands like the Olympics it would involve closing down the streets around hindmarsh. We really need to realise how little room there is between the road and the corners on the North end.
Time to Djbate!
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 pm

We wont average 13.5k per season.

Unless we move to an undercover stadium closer to the city, its not going to happen.

We'd be better off building a new rectangular stadium on the western CBD fringe (Old SA water site, opposite the new hopsital & HQ or at Ellis Park) and downgrading Hindmarsh so that Rugby and Gridiron have a permanent residence.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Unless we move to an undercover stadium closer to the city, its not going to happen.

We'd be better off building a new rectangular stadium on the western CBD fringe (Old SA water site, opposite the new hopsital & HQ or at Ellis Park) and downgrading Hindmarsh so that Rugby and Gridiron have a permanent residence.
Absolutely. But i reckon leave Hindmarsh as is even getting 8,000 to games gets a great atmosphere!

Or maybe thats just how awesome our crowds make it!
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 pm

i agree that a stadium there would be awesome but i think we could average 13k at hindmarsh ok as it is if we continue to to build on the form we are showing now and put into some of the club structures the owners have been talking about.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:28 pm

can hindmarsh just be moved to a sight in the parklands?

i mean its just concrete structuring, surely they could dismantle it and rebuild it in the parklands with corners included and something to keep the noise in ... Booya
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

can hindmarsh just be moved to a sight in the parklands?

i mean its just concrete structuring, surely they could dismantle it and rebuild it in the parklands with corners included and something to keep the noise in ... Booya
Good luck getting anything built in the parklands.
#WeAreUnited
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 am

The best option with Hindmarsh is for the entire block to be cleared and the stadium re aligned on it and built as a 20,000 capacity stadium by utilising a tiered seating (as in you have a bottom tier and then a second teir over the top of it) along with a members carpark and administration building for AUFC, FFSA etc on site.

However that takes money and balls to do, but could probably done comfortably with less money than the State government is tipping in to the AO destructivelopment and clearing of SACA's 100 odd million debt.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Newcastle are making another step to making the Jets a truly community club.
The Newcastle Jets revolution took another major step when the club announced it had delivered on its promise to return the club to the people.
The club has hosted the inaugural meeting of the Jets Football Advisory Board in which it formally handed over control of the club to the community and the football family of Newcastle, the Hunter and Northern NSW.
The meeting at Wickham effectively handed over the club’s on and off field direction to the advisory board.
It sounds like the Jets are coming together with the Northern NSW Football Federation.

I wonder if this is something AU will look at coming under the same umbrella as FFSA and streamlining youth development and not pinning the A-league clubs against the Federation sides.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”