Osama Malik back to the Reds?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

glasses jono
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Flores

Osama Malik back to the Reds?

Postby glasses jono Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Was just watching the NQF vs Newwy game and Cockrell said that he is rumoured to be coming back home, hope this is true as he would be an asset to the team
LincolnFan
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: HUGE

Re: Osama Malik back to the Reds?

Postby LincolnFan Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah that caught my ear id be happy to have him back!
Brawn69

Postby Brawn69 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 am

He is shite. Hope he stays there.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Not sure how old he is but if he's still young enough for the youth league i'd take him. I probably would have expected him to really have cemented a starting spot at NQF by now.

Rini will probably mould him into a superstar!
Time to Djbate!
Chips
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby Chips Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 pm

He wouldn't be in our starting XI but he def is one fOr the future
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 pm

I just had a look at his wiki page he's 20 so we could still sign him as a youth player.

It also says that his position in midfielder/centre defender wtf?
Time to Djbate!
Hewie

Postby Hewie Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah, he has been playing in the centre midfield for NQF. With all the issues and injuries to their centre halves, he has been filling in there too.

We could certainly do a lot worse. Doesnt realyl control games, but he has certainly improved a lot with first team games and islooking quite impressive in every position they have thrown him in.

I just feel sorry for the Fury. Get their future sorted out ffs, get players signed into longer term contracts. FFA helped us for how long? Surely they can help NQF, a team who look more like a club than the likes of GCU. Obvious difference, GCU have big mining money behind them.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:57 am

He would be a good squadie to have. But I think if he comes back here it will be because NQF have been folded by the FFA - and that would be complete bollocks.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
King_Billy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby King_Billy Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Neither excites me nor upsets me.
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Neither excites me nor upsets me.
+1.
#WeAreUnited
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Anyone who is unsure of Malik's ability should refer to the 2008 Club World Cup quarter-final.
King_Billy

Postby King_Billy Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Anyone who is unsure of Malik's ability should refer to the 2008 Club World Cup quarter-final.
Didn't question his ability. Was merely pointing out I won't be celebrating if we sign him and I won't loose sleep if we don't.

He was awesome when he came on during the QF at the CWC. Has not really shown in the following 2 years what we would have hoped/expected though.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Im all for players coming home to adelaide, especially Malik, as most of us were quite shocked when he defected to NQF.

However this whole situation is a sham! This is a professional club, with players who earn living by playing yet they still cant get an indication of what the future may be.

NQF show so much potential as a region of the a-league, but lack the corporate dollars, Goldy show nothing as an A-league region but have the riches, veru very sad
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
King_Billy

Postby King_Billy Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:22 am

Uncertain future sees club lose two more
ANTONY STEWART | December 7th, 2010

A TRICKLE is turning into an ominous torrent for the North Queensland Fury as the player exodus stepped up a notch yesterday.

Young guns Chris Payne and Osama Malik gave the under-siege A-League team the news that they couldn't wait any longer for the club's future to be decided, confirming their departure.

First Chris Payne told management he had signed a two-year deal with Newcastle United, before Malik doubled the pain by telling them he would return to Adelaide United. They became the third players in a week to announce they would leave at season's end, and fourth overall as North Queensland's A-League future limbo really starts to take its toll.

Speaking to the Townsville Bulletin yesterday, Payne was beaming at the prospect of an understood big-money deal that moved him closer to his Gosford-based family.

But the rising Fury strike talent couldn't mask a tinge of sadness in his voice also.

"It's very exciting, I'm looking forward to the next two years in Newcastle, but I'm going to miss the Fury," the 20-year-old Payne said.

"I never would have got the security of two seasons without the Fury ... if I hadn't come here, I wouldn't have got noticed by Newcastle.

"I've made some good friends here so I'll be sad to leave."

Both Payne and Malik, 20, have been pivotal to the Fury this season, stepping up in spite of their tender ages.

As NQ await a prolonged answer from Football Federation Australia on whether they would exist beyond this season, the duo joined Justin Pasfield (Central Coast) and Isaka Cernak (Melbourne Victory) on the way out.

Payne feared the longer FFA dragged it out, the more Fury players would be forced elsewhere.

"The Newcastle deal, I just couldn't knock that back," the one-time A-League grand final winner with Sydney FC said.

"I would have loved to have stayed at the Fury, but not knowing what is going on with the club, you can't sit around and wait for too long. I've been holding off to see how the club's going but I couldn't wait around much longer.

"Everybody who gets offered a contract is going to take it."

The Fury are now on red-alert as more and more clubs circle in on their uncontracted players.

Only the team's leading scorer David Williams is signed beyond 2010/11 and, with NQ unable to offer any deals until the club's future is secure, the players are ripe for the plucking. While compelled to leave to secure his future, Payne desperately wanted to incorporate it with playing against the Fury in coming seasons.

"I'd love to come back up here and I think it's important the Fury have a future," he said.

"It's a really good, strong club, all the boys get along and the community's great."

Payne is presently sidelined with a hamstring strain, but is eyeing a December 15 return. Once he is back he said he was intent on leaving NQFC with a bang.

"I'll be 100 per cent with the Fury and always doing my best with the Fury," he said.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... sport.html
flavze

Postby flavze Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 am

Not sure where he is gonna fit in tbh, he plays predominantly LM and we have decent cover there with Pants and Ramesy.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”