"Key Reds playmaker Flores in demand" - Will he leave?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: "Key Reds playmaker Flores in demand" - Will he leave?

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 pm

what about everyone that's bought viva flores! shirts?
+1

Any word on when we should be getting said shirts?
Aslong as its before fans day so i can get him to sign it .. and never wear it lol

Whats peoples thoughts on the Visa spots?

should clubs be looking players who have big league experience but are starting to wind down their career, ( still may be quality) but are alot less likely to leave for a bigger league therefore not make the club any money? Kisel, Fowler, Miller, bridges, broich

Or take a risk on players who have potential, and are on the edge of the prime of their career in the hope they come good and potentially earn the club some cash? Flores, Cassio, Perez, Hernandez, Moriyasu ... lesser extent smeltz.

I think it would be a good thing if this league becomes a goto place for your flores' of the world to come here to spring board into asia or europe, it will only attract more young exciting players and raise the standard
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm

I get the impression Rini would have some players in mind from when he was in Europe. A big crunt of a centre back and a new number 10 please Mr. Coolen.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

I think we should 'gamble' on these players and have faith in our scouts like Carl Veart who went over and found Marcos and now that he is here Rini who spotted Jason Culina.

If these guys can continue this form of finding talent we will become a gold mine!

Leave the Fowler's and Romario's as guest players when we play at Adelaide Oval!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I get the impression Rini would have some players in mind from when he was in Europe. A big crunt of a centre back and a new number 10 please Mr. Coolen.
And a new winger/second striker and the trophy is ours!
Time to Djbate!
Seanason_AU
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Seanason_AU Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

what about everyone that's bought viva flores! shirts?
+1

Any word on when we should be getting said shirts?
Printer moved locations, minor set back. Will be along shortly.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:35 pm

I think we should 'gamble' on these players and have faith in our scouts like Carl Veart who went over and found Marcos and now that he is here Rini who spotted Jason Culina.

If these guys can continue this form of finding talent we will become a gold mine!

Leave the Fowler's and Romario's as guest players when we play at Adelaide Oval!
Djite,Burns, Flores, Leckie, Ognenovski, in the last 3 years, you would think adelaide would be the first club overseas scouts look at in aus,

hopefully building a reputation for yougn aussie/overseas players to come here maybe
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Djite,Burns, Flores, Leckie, Ognenovski, in the last 3 years, you would think adelaide would be the first club overseas scouts look at in aus,
I'm sure Asian clubs already look at us first when scouting in Australia. I mean we've had decent exposure in our three ACL campaigns already. Let's hope our continued involvement in Asia bears more fruits.
Hamaldinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and JERONIMOOO
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Heeeey, hey keeper!

Postby Hamaldinho Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, how come we dont tend to get many Asian players? Like we've had Qu and Shin but that's really it..?
Fuck Off Melbourne.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:36 am

I would put it down to the most asian players weren't suited to our style of play and weren't big enough to deal with the physical side of the A-league. But thankfully this is now changing.

Also the money over here isn't very good!

An average J-league player earns over double what an average A-league player earns.
Time to Djbate!
Adrian

Postby Adrian Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 am

I doubt he will go in January, at seasons end maybe and if we get decent $$ for him then i'll be ok with it. I trust Veart's ability to find a decent replacement.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:04 pm

How about we just don't worry about the Fowlers and Romarios of this world?

I would much prefer us to be looking at local youth and be a stepping stone for journeymen from asia/africa/south america. That is the best way for us to make money with out gambling overly much.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm

How about we just don't worry about the Fowlers and Romarios of this world?

I would much prefer us to be looking at local youth and be a stepping stone for journeymen from asia/africa/south america. That is the best way for us to make money with out gambling overly much.
Those type of players are important for growing crowds and the name of football in this country eg. LA Galaxy game.

But i don't think signing those players for a whole season is worth the money.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I dont think a robbie fowler style marquee would work as it is supposed to in adelaide.

Adelaide fans are one the the least likely to react to a gimmick IMO, therefore a big name who's star is fading just wont work here.

I think adelaide fans are way to "football educated" to assume that style of marquee will work, unlike your sydney fans for example.
King_Billy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby King_Billy Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

I dont think a robbie fowler style marquee would work as it is supposed to in adelaide.

Adelaide fans are one the the least likely to react to a gimmick IMO, therefore a big name who's star is fading just wont work here.

I think adelaide fans are way to "football educated" to assume that style of marquee will work, unlike your sydney fans for example.
+ 0.5

There would be a negligible reaction here in Adelaide to a player like that big eared turd the Jets have on a guest stint at the moment.

However, there are more than enough people in Adelaide who follow football yet think the A-league is shit to make signing someone like Freddy Ljunberg more than worthwhile.
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 pm

yeah, but the problem is if that facing star does not show the form that their career hi light real shows then interest falls away very quickly when people realise "oh he is human after all"

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”