Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!

Postby mcjules Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm not physio but it looked like a knee hyperextension.

If there's no tearing then 2-4 weeks per Dr. Google.

Could be the whole season if it's serious though.
It was a knee to knee collision and for some reason Henrique's knee gave way and Bozanic got off with nothing. You can see his knee twist and move around, quite a lot of damage could have been done. I expect him to be out for quite some time, probably as long as Cirio, if it is less I will consider it a bonus.
My understanding is doing ligaments can vary quite considerably as far as the level of pain, Henrique unfortunately seemed to have done it in a very painful way.
Can say that when I did my ACL, I had a fair bit of pain immediately, then it got better for a few hours, then swelled up like a balloon and was excruciating. Finally, when the swelling went down it was painless but I had no stability in my knee until I had the op.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Choi may get a start next week.

however i think amor is unlikely to let him start anytime soon and will prefer to keep as much pressure off him as possible.

I wonder if we would push garuccio up on the wing and elrich can play left back and stick la rocca at rb?

I have complete faith in these kids though , they proved themselves in the biggest game u can play in this state
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:32 pm

however i think amor is unlikely to let him start anytime soon and will prefer to keep as much pressure off him as possible.

I wonder if we would push garuccio up on the wing and elrich can play left back and stick la rocca at rb?

I have complete faith in these kids though , they proved themselves in the biggest game u can play in this state
I am expecting, assuming what I heard about Makarounas being injured is correct,

Galekovic
Elrich - McGowan - La Rocca - Garrucio
.............Isaias - Holland
.....................McGree
Kitto..........Guardiola ........... O'Doherty

Bench: Hall, Regan, Mells, Choi, Marino
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:15 pm

I am expecting, assuming what I heard about Makarounas being injured is correct,

Galekovic
Elrich - McGowan - La Rocca - Garrucio
.............Isaias - Holland
.....................McGree
Kitto..........Guardiola ........... O'Doherty

Bench: Hall, Regan, Mells, Choi, Marino
Fun fact. That starting XI has a total of 26 A-League goals for all players. Bruno Fornaroli also has 26 HAL goals.

Really wanted Sergi to score last night to open the flood gates.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Just watched the replay. Baro could have had 4 yellows, Lawrence Thomas kept them in it with great saves, we should have done better with the finishing, we switched off when it mattered, etc etc etc. Doesn't matter: if this is the way we are playing just 3 games in, this team will go a long way this season.
We have a lot to look forward to, so long as we keep playing the way we are, and don't crumble psychologically after the early season hiccups and key injuries.
One silver lining for these injuries is that we can see these kids are able to slot right in nicely: Kitto, McGree, O'Doherty, Choi - all look like they can really play and, more importantly, can play Amor's style. Adelaide were several notches above in terms of the way they were moving the ball around.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Val just released an article with quotes from a retired ref who watched from the stands who said he would have sent both Baro and Bozanic off for second yellows.
Capac

Postby Capac Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Mells did an interview with 5AA last week where he said it's a fitness issue at the moment after his injury and being sick.

I wonder if Isaias get's pushed up the park and La Rocca gets moved into DM with Regan at CB. There are a few options available to us luckily, which is remarkable considering we have 4 first teamers injured and 3 key backup players if Makarounas is indeed injured. As I was saying last week I actually think our depth is really quite good this season, and with the two youngsters coming through It's even better, and thank god for that.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm

Val just released an article with quotes from a retired ref who watched from the stands who said he would have sent both Baro and Bozanic off for second yellows.
Interesting point about the referee.
Do they have an ex-referee on the panel for reference during the games they show on Fox?
I can't recall.

It's an interesting feature that they have here (ORF) for the major games.
It's a great help when there are controversial decisions.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Fairly sure I read somewhere this morning that Makarounas was just dragged fwiw
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Mells did an interview with 5AA last week where he said it's a fitness issue at the moment after his injury and being sick.

I wonder if Isaias get's pushed up the park and La Rocca gets moved into DM with Regan at CB. There are a few options available to us luckily, which is remarkable considering we have 4 first teamers injured and 3 key backup players if Makarounas is indeed injured. As I was saying last week I actually think our depth is really quite good this season, and with the two youngsters coming through It's even better, and thank god for that.
I totally agree with this.

I would love to know where those individuals who signed up to this forum and twitter to bash the club over sigings. They have totally disapeared off this forum which is interesting in its self.

If we can keep our spine injury free ( consideringg chelo is already out ) and a healthy back 4 im confident we can get results.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:14 pm

I just read the article.

Who else but Donald Campbell.
I saw him in action dozens of times in my youth.
If you ask any old Adelaide Greek they would tell you Donald "favored" Adelaide Juventus and if you ask any old Adelaide Italian they would tell you Campbell "favored" WA Hellas. :D

(I thought he "favored" the non-wog teams but that's my opinion.)

But Campbell's total foul count is 25 compared to Green's total of 44.
He had MV committing 14 fouls to United's 11.
Green called it 30 fouls to 14...
Campbell also booked over half the MV team.

Interesting.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Ahh 7 news hatchet job on the game , possibly the worst yet
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Ahh 7 news hatchet job on the game , possibly the worst yet
What happened?
Did they set fire to the Pie Cart?

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:57 pm

IDK why people worry about bad media coverage, hooligans, mismanagement, whatever when none of those do as much harm to the game as 5 minutes of Fox Sports coverage acting like the SA/Victoria rivalry is some strange unheard of thing that is completely undocumented and unexplainable.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:43 am

IDK why people worry about bad media coverage, hooligans, mismanagement, whatever when none of those do as much harm to the game as 5 minutes of Fox Sports coverage acting like the SA/Victoria rivalry is some strange unheard of thing that is completely undocumented and unexplainable.

SA v Vic rivalry?

Old as the hills, in all sports and all things.

Everyone knows that.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”