Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sevengoals Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Ya! Hoo!
Some more German steel farkin!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Excited to see what he brings to our side. We really pursued him it seems and I'm glad we have been able to talk him around.

Adelaide is a great place to start a family
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 pm

we always played well when our box to box mid was performing next to out 10. Jeggo/mauk.

It would seem that on paper we have a very strong midfield trio with Gulum and Baba at either end if our spine. This is a very strong line up on paper.

If one of our aussie wingers were to have a break out season and create a potent front 3 then its going to be a cery good year.

On a side note i would prefer to have some locals in our midfield but good aussie mids go east and not to adelaide.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Tapalovic was assistant at 1860 Munich for the 2014/15 season where Adlung had an excellent season with 6 goals and 12 assists from 34 games. More interestingly Adlung played 19 games as the attacking midfielder with 3 goals and 10 assists. That is pretty impressive.
I am Scott
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:17 am

Tapalovic was assistant at 1860 Munich for the 2014/15 season where Adlung had an excellent season with 6 goals and 12 assists from 34 games. More interestingly Adlung played 19 games as the attacking midfielder with 3 goals and 10 assists. That is pretty impressive.
Which division was that?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:33 am

Wikipedia:

"The 2014–15 season saw the club finish 16th in the 2. Bundesliga. It was forced to participate in the relegation play-offs against Holstein Kiel where it retained its league place with a 2–1 home win after a 0–0 draw in the first leg. 1860 survived courtesy to an injury time goal by defender Kai Bülow in front of 57,000 spectators in Munich."
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm

57K at a 2nd decision game ?? Schisse.

German football is strong indeed
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Using the best scouting tool we have available ( Fifa 17 ), 6 of 10 outfield players in our first 11 were rated at 70 or over last season topping out with Ersan Gulum at 76 ( farkin! )

That kind of quality is on par with many of the good euro leagues lower table clubs.

I think its pretty amazing even for a club like city to sign so much quality over 6 players so well done aufc for this offseason !

On paper anything less than a top 4 finish would be a failure considering our first 11
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Using the best scouting tool we have available ( Fifa 17 ), 6 of 10 outfield players in our first 11 were rated at 70 or over last season topping out with Ersan Gulum at 76 ( farkin! )

That kind of quality is on par with many of the good euro leagues lower table clubs.

I think its pretty amazing even for a club like city to sign so much quality over 6 players so well done aufc for this offseason !

On paper anything less than a top 4 finish would be a failure considering our first 11
I think we are behind Sydney and Western Sydney as far as squad quality. Apart from that we are at least as good as anyone else. Victory are looking good, but not better than us, and City have some quality as well but I am not sure they can put it all together. So top 4 is very realistic, top 2 if everything goes well is a possibility.
I am Scott
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm sure with our collective eyes out and about this weekend, we'd be able to confirm Adlung's presence in our humble little city.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

57K at a 2nd decision game ?? Schisse.

German football is strong indeed

No Scheisse... :D

21,735 average attendance over the season for 2016 / 17 in the 2nd Bundesliga

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance ... 16-2017/1/

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 pm

I think we are behind Sydney and Western Sydney as far as squad quality. Apart from that we are at least as good as anyone else. Victory are looking good, but not better than us, and City have some quality as well but I am not sure they can put it all together. So top 4 is very realistic, top 2 if everything goes well is a possibility.
What's everyone's thoughts on Izzo. Based on our squad I think GK seems to be our weakest position but I'm hoping that a decent defence in front of him might help.

Apart from that I think we are looking really strong. Sydney is in the same boat with Redmayne in goals but look good in the outfield.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:34 pm

We've conceded 2 goals this preseason from what, 6 or 7 games?

He's shaky but that's a good record.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 pm

There has to be a bit of a question mark about Izzo but so far so good.
Overall though I think this has to be one of the weakest line ups of goalkeepers the league has seen.

I was expecting Cisak to be Sydney's number 1, is he injured?
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 pm

There has to be a bit of a question mark about Izzo but so far so good.
Overall though I think this has to be one of the weakest line ups of goalkeepers the league has seen.

I was expecting Cisak to be Sydney's number 1, is he injured?
Oh yeh, I forgot they signed him. He will surely be their number 1 this season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”