Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm

We surely can no longer accept his mediocrity. Unless he turns it around we must offload him asap. 15 games without scoring is unacceptable. If he played for any other a league team he would not be around come january.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Would've put Sanchez on for Djite earlier. Jeggo had a better game today. We needed a win, season looking dire!
UnitedPants

Postby UnitedPants Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Elsey promising. Gah can't even beer my way out on a Sunday :)
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:35 pm

5% chance Amor 'walks' tomorrow? I can't see the point of the club persisting with him if there's even the sniff of a replacement on the market. It all depends just how strapped for cash they are.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Would've put Sanchez on for Djite earlier. Jeggo had a better game today. We needed a win, season looking dire!
Think the Malik injury screwed Pablo's chance of getting on. The guy can find the back of the net but can't get on.
UnitedPants

Postby UnitedPants Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Think the Malik injury screwed Pablo's chance of getting on. The guy can find the back of the net but can't get on.
Yeah wondering if he's not fit as I would've chosen him before Kamau.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 am

Scott is back
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott is back Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:21 am

Kamau on instead of Pablo is just a mistake.
Kamau has 0 career goals and is not a striker.
Pablo is a goal scorer and is a striker.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:31 am

Twitters blocked at school, what does it say?

Nvm found it

"In 3 and a bit years of Opta recording data for the #aleague, Newcastle yesterday were the first team to not have a single shot. #ADLvNEW"

If Bruce could stop sucking shit this should've been a rout.
we da best
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

Seriously, while I acknowledge that Bruce is not the best player going around, was it his fault Birras played a blinder, Goodwin can't kick with his right foot, and hell he wasn't even on the pitch when little Bruce made a complete cock of his chance at the end when through on goal.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Seriously, while I acknowledge that Bruce is not the best player going around, was it his fault Birras played a blinder, Goodwin can't kick with his right foot, and hell he wasn't even on the pitch when little Bruce made a complete cock of his chance at the end when through on goal.
We have the ability to play every keeper into amazing form.

I think this is the 5th game the keeper has kept us away from 3 points or levelling it up.

The mood in the squad would be so different right now. Instead of questioning our style and manager we would be fired up for victory this week.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:16 pm

I want to believe that we're just having a really long run of bad luck but it's getting hard.

Would be great if a team would gift us a goal or 2 with some howlers but I wouldn't count on it...
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Did it seem to others that Cirio had been asked to play further back and more defensively? Goodwin still seemed to be attacking but Cirio was pretty quiet yesterday.

Mells was underwhelming for me and I'd love to know what the story with Cello is.

Fantastic to see Elsey back and he looked fine. When Malik is fit again it gives us an option at DM. Isiais seems to have misplaced his radar this season.

And what was it with our constant ability to kick the ball out or throw the ball back out!?

Still, a vastly improved performance. But, sadly, Bruce looks like he may be close to the end. Or he needs an attacking partner - and I can't see that happening.
GrandPappyOfFunk

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:02 pm

I am sure Mells is a decent player but so far from the 2 games I've seen him play I've basically not even noticed he's been on the pitch. The main positive for me is that him being on has allowed Marcelo to rest.

Elsey I agree looked great when he came on and would love to see him get more game time. I used to think Malik was good at DM but haven't seen him play there in a long time.

It was frustrating how many times the ball was kicked/thrown out of play but think this had a lot to do with how windy it was on the pitch. Having said that we play so ridiculously wide all the time that this just compounded it.

I am so glad that Newcastle goal didn't stand. If we had been beaten from their single shot on goal I might have just spontaneously combusted. It wasn't a great game to watch but undoubtedly we deserved to win and the Jets were rubbish. I think it's just a lot more frustrating given we are sitting where we are, if we were in the top half of the ladder it'd just be a minor hiccup but that was our biggest chance yet to turn the season around :$
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 pm

I am sure Mells is a decent player but so far from the 2 games I've seen him play I've basically not even noticed he's been on the pitch. The main positive for me is that him being on has allowed Marcelo to rest.

Elsey I agree looked great when he came on and would love to see him get more game time. I used to think Malik was good at DM but haven't seen him play there in a long time.

It was frustrating how many times the ball was kicked/thrown out of play but think this had a lot to do with how windy it was on the pitch. Having said that we play so ridiculously wide all the time that this just compounded it.

I am so glad that Newcastle goal didn't stand. If we had been beaten from their single shot on goal I might have just spontaneously combusted. It wasn't a great game to watch but undoubtedly we deserved to win and the Jets were rubbish. I think it's just a lot more frustrating given we are sitting where we are, if we were in the top half of the ladder it'd just be a minor hiccup but that was our biggest chance yet to turn the season around :$
This 1000x

In fact jules can vouch for me on this. As the free kick was being set up I turned to him and said "This is going in and when it does, I'll just die on the inside". Lo and behold, it trundled in. Had the ref not ruled it out a riot would've broken out.
we da best

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”