Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:25 am

Billy Celeski?
Yes!

Ive been calling for aufc to sign him since being out of favour at the jets. He is a quality mid.

However i havnt seen him play since his mv days so his standard may have dropped.
His J.League side avoided relegation by a single point and were joint second for the most goals conceded. Not really convincing.
If Salmon doesn't rate him then AU should sign him immediately! 8)
I don't rate anyone because I have the tactical nous of an orange.
:lol:

Good one.
An orange just won the american presidency, so you cant be that bad salmy
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 am

Billy Celeski?
Yes!

Ive been calling for aufc to sign him since being out of favour at the jets. He is a quality mid.

However i havnt seen him play since his mv days so his standard may have dropped.
His J.League side avoided relegation by a single point and were joint second for the most goals conceded. Not really convincing.
If Salmon doesn't rate him then AU should sign him immediately! 8)
I don't rate anyone because I have the tactical nous of an orange.
:lol:

Good one.
An orange just won the american presidency, so you cant be that bad salmy
Salmon for 2020! 8)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Signing for next season will be interesting, i cant see any of the spanish imports interested in staying if amor leaves.

We could have a very different team next year.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 am

Signing for next season will be interesting, i cant see any of the spanish imports interested in staying if amor leaves.

I'm not sure. Cirio and Isa were here before Amor arrived so I don't think their presence is dependent on him.
Isa is apparently looking into becoming a citizen so I'd say its likely he's going to stick around for sometime. Although there is always the chance he could do a Henrique and join another HAL side next season.
Personally I can't believe a cashed up CSL club hasn't come knocking for him.
Time to Djbate!
ozisnowman
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby ozisnowman Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm not sure. Cirio and Isa were here before Amor arrived so I don't think their presence is dependent on him.
Isa is apparently looking into becoming a citizen so I'd say its likely he's going to stick around for sometime. Although there is always the chance he could do a Henrique and join another HAL side next season.
Interestingly BAD that is with Griffen and his Scrooge assistants im sure we will remain the laughing stock of the A-League when it comes to attracting talent. This year we must have been the poorest recruiter considering the players we lost and that we were premiers and grand final players that managed to recruit kids and bench players at best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Interestingly BAD that is with Griffen and his Scrooge assistants im sure we will remain the laughing stock of the A-League when it comes to attracting talent. This year we must have been the poorest recruiter considering the players we lost and that we were premiers and grand final players that managed to recruit kids and bench players at best
Im sure you will be in favour of addig an extra 150 bucks to the average membership prices to fund these players. We all got to do our bit right ?
ozisnowman

Postby ozisnowman Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13 pm

So you saying our memberships are half price or discounted compared to the rest of the league? I wish. Hmm i will just have to wait until the rest of you realise it's Griffen and the Board that are the main problem. Might take a few poor performance years I suspect.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Do you think they go home on the weekends with full pockets from aufc coffers ?

They routinely lose money, im not trying to champion these guys but they do deserve our gratitude.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:29 am

Do you think they go home on the weekends with full pockets from aufc coffers ?

They routinely lose money, im not trying to champion these guys but they do deserve our gratitude.
Seriously Shin, our memberships are not cheap already and it's not fans on a forums job to attract players or increase revenue other than buying memberships/merchandise and the continual retort of "put your hands in your own pocket if you don't like it" or similar whenever anyone on here is critical shows that you have no decent points to argue other than typical SA inferiority statements.
If these blokes can't grow the club after winning the premiership and not attract quality players they never ever will. Perhaps the ongoing gutting of proper football people and replacing with blokes with NFI about it like Mayer have a lot to do with that. i certainly see that Petrillo moving to City has seen two of our best youngsters in Tongyik and Kmauu move there, going to be great watching them flourish and get sold for a profit as is inevitable, you see we can't even keep these players anymore.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:26 am

I never said our memberships were cheap, im pointing out the hypocrosy that fans cry foul over a few extra dollars in membership prices but expect the owners to lose millions each year without consequence.

Keeping any playing group these days after winning the double is hard in a salary capped league. This season has NOT been good enough but i hardly think that is the boards fault.

We are not melb city, we do not have wealthy owners and we do not have sponsors falling over to sign wit us and we likely never will.

We have had a terrible runn this season of injuries, losing players , bad refs and general bad form to create a bit of a super strom. But have a look through the aleagues history and EVERY club goes through this even though with a turn over twice ours.

Bottom line, this isnt good enough and needs to be turned around but blaming the ownership group is juvenile unless you know someone willing to pump millions more into the club for zero financial return.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:02 am

Guardiola is on loan, so i wonder if we have the option to end his loan spell early ?

I think a large portion of our issues stem from having 2 midfielders who are not compatible with each other. Holland is a good player but i dont feel he suits us and certainly is not that box to box type who can score goals.

its going to be hard to be active in the transfer window unless we can let go of a few players. However if amor is not going to stay next season i feel its better to sit tight and wait till the new manager can make his own aquisitions.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 am

We are not playing well but I do not think the recruiting is as terrible compared to other years as some are saying.

We have not ever brought in big names (except Romario on the guest stint). The big name players we lost in the off season mostly came here as young and/or unproven players or unknown overseas players. Djite is the exception and Holland is a similar (if not higher), stature player.

Goodwin --> Garuccio. Cannot get a more direct replacement that this one. Garuccio has been good although not as good as Goodwin.

Pablo --> Henrique Henrique is a direct replacement in many ways and has been good

Mauk --> Holland. Not a like for like replacement and has
struggled to find or fulfil his role in a team playing badly, but is a quality player.

Djite --> Guardiola Not looking good but has 3 more goals than Djite had last season at the same stage and probably is not playing worse. We started the run last year despite Djite playing badly and not scoring, he was one of the last players to come good.

Babalj --> Marino Does not seem to be rated by Amor but I think has talent and should be getting game time.

Kamau --> Kitto Kamau only broke through late last season and Kitto has done okay. I think Kitto will be a very good recruit for us.

Dugandzic --> Makarounas Different players but both cheap recycled players who have failed. Bad recruit but we won everything last season with Dugandzic, should not be a season breaking mistake. Both played more than they should have due to injuries.

O'Doherty, McGree and Mileusnic have shown some talent despite inexperience and youth in the first two cases. I think they are all good recruits although none of them might have played at all without all the injuries we have had.
I am Scott
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

Players who come here unproven cost little money in wages. If they develop a large amount and prove themselves as Goodwin, Mauka and Kamau did then they are worth more in wages at the end of their time here than when they signed.
This means in a salary cap wage system it is almost impossible to replace them with a player with exactly the same ability as they will demand far more in wages than they player leaving would have been payed.
So it is a case of signing another young, unproven player and developing them. So we get Garuccio to replace Goodwin, Kitto to replace Kamau, not as good, but with the prospects of developing into players of the same quality.
Or you sign injury prone players, players who careers have hit problems, players who might turn out to be cheap steals. They might be an Elrich or a Dugandzic.
I am Scott
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:25 pm

I think we could really do with a Mauk type player who can do a job defensively and make those late runs into the box.

We have a foreign spot open for both the HAL and the ACL if the player is Asian. We also have a marquee spot available so while money may be an issue, the salary cap is not.

Hopefully we can combine all these things!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Mauk was a liability defensively when he showed up and this probably cost Adelaide the ACL qualifier. It wasn't until he developed an effective interplay with Carrusca that the side clicked.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”