Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedsUnited
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby RedsUnited Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Chelo's citizenship is coming up soon too, so that will open up another foreign spot for the A-League squad.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Stevie G. He's a poor man's Jimmy J but he'd do at a pinch.
More LA tourist than footballer at the moment.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:13 pm

They need to replace the Mauk/Jeggo role. Currently the best set up in that area seems to be Isaias moving into it and Holland taking his defensive role. I don't know if that's ideal though.
McGree could be that kind of player. A couple of things he did in the game really excited me. His run to the edge of the box to almost get on the end of Guardiola's pass was something like Mauk would do. Unfortunately Theo was very quickly out and just got to the ball first. I think McGree is ahead of Makarounas and Mells as a midfield option.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Chelo's citizenship is coming up soon too, so that will open up another foreign spot for the A-League squad.
Next season apparently.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:31 pm

They need to replace the Mauk/Jeggo role. Currently the best set up in that area seems to be Isaias moving into it and Holland taking his defensive role. I don't know if that's ideal though.
McGree could be that kind of player. A couple of things he did in the game really excited me. His run to the edge of the box to almost get on the end of Guardiola's pass was something like Mauk would do. Unfortunately Theo was very quickly out and just got to the ball first. I think McGree is ahead of Makarounas and Mells as a midfield option.
I agree. I've been super impressed with him.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 pm

La Rocca could be signing out in January according to Val.
Korea and the K.League.
But he'd like to stay of course.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f29041e982

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:09 pm

La Rocca could be signing out in January according to Val.
Korea and the K.League.
But he'd like to stay of course.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f29041e982

B)
Hopefully this can follow most of Val's transfer rumours and this ends up being nothing.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Has Mells actually done anything for us? I think he made the pass which lead to an assist for a goal to round off the 3-0 against Perth last season, but apart from that he really hasn't done much.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Has Mells actually done anything for us? I think he made the pass which lead to an assist for a goal to round off the 3-0 against Perth last season, but apart from that he really hasn't done much.
As an 18 year old last season he held his own in the midfield without being spectacular including starting a number of games. I think thats a huge achievment alone at that age.

He was a working cog in the midfield , but as i said nothing spectacular. He is surely a talent for the future we just need to hold onto him. He has 3 year on mauk as to when he hit his amazing form.

Dont forget that its one thing for young fearless wingers to storm onto the scene who have speed to burn while running at defenders. Its a completly different situation when a teen is a working member of a midfield trio who play possesion football.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Yeah Mells has never impressed me and can never get a good run or games together with Young Socceroos duty all the time.

I think I like O'Doherty and McGree over him, even in midfield.
Capac

Postby Capac Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:00 pm

So tongyik is starting for city at the moment. He is looking very good and very comfortable on the ball. I'm surprised he didn't get more of a go for us.
leigh

Postby leigh Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:27 pm

He was a quality talent but it was always going to be tough to displace our preferred and stable partnership. Centerhalf can be a rough position for a young player.

Talking to a couple of the young people in one of the programs I run today I realised we have a very white team. Lot of the young African kids I coached always loved that Mabil and Kamau had come through our ranks, Bruce was super popular for his work on and off the field and Ruon had a lot of friends and guys who knew his potential. We still have Ochieng but sadly I think the coaching staff have identified him as having hit his ceiling and being a bit of an emergency only.

I know we target what we see as the best players but definitely feel that there is a emerging football base that is more engaged when they see potential pathways and possibilities in action. Hopefully in the next few years we see more young people from different backgrounds come through the ranks and continue to build our support base.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 pm

He was a quality talent but it was always going to be tough to displace our preferred and stable partnership. Centerhalf can be a rough position for a young player.

Talking to a couple of the young people in one of the programs I run today I realised we have a very white team. Lot of the young African kids I coached always loved that Mabil and Kamau had come through our ranks, Bruce was super popular for his work on and off the field and Ruon had a lot of friends and guys who knew his potential. We still have Ochieng but sadly I think the coaching staff have identified him as having hit his ceiling and being a bit of an emergency only.

I know we target what we see as the best players but definitely feel that there is a emerging football base that is more engaged when they see potential pathways and possibilities in action. Hopefully in the next few years we see more young people from different backgrounds come through the ranks and continue to build our support base.
I 100% agree with this post.

Not only is it good for aufc to have a presence in the african cummunity, but it also helps bridge the cap between mainstream australian and many new migrants.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 pm

I 100% agree with this post.

Not only is it good for aufc to have a presence in the african cummunity, but it also helps bridge the cap between mainstream australian and many new migrants.

Yes!

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Valkanis was singlehandedly responsible for Elvis Kamsoba not getting a contract with AUFC.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”