Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jimmy J
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The Jimmy

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jimmy J Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:23 pm

dylan mcgowan suspected of murdering his brother in law?....? according to seven news
Huh? Link please.

Does anybody know anything about this?
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:40 pm

dylan mcgowan suspected of murdering his brother in law?....? according to seven news
WTF?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Nope his father.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/2 ... or-murder/

The thumbnail for that video has dylans face for the link.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Jesus Christ.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Getting back to the game. I enjoyed seeing Bruce out on the wing at times. I'd love to see Awer or Baby Bruce get a run as striker with Bruce on the wing.
Time to Djbate!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:47 am

Great result, will help our GD come seasons end. We were never really under any pressure, which was a shame. Not sure why Gumby changed keepers, would have preferred Kamau and Watson to get a solid 30 under their belts. Also anyone know what happened to Goodwin?
We are UNITED, after all....
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:14 am

Stoked with the result, but also agree with the sentiments of others; Newcastle aren't exactly world class and we didn't appear to enter first gear - don't get me wrong, we didn't perform poorly by any stretch.

Highlight of the match is easily Isaias' first AU goal - amazing strike. I like how he looked to play the final ball. Instead he listened to all the urges of the fans calling, 'Shoot! Shooooot!' Blistering!
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 am

My only regret is that they didn't give the second penalty to Bruce :)
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:26 am

A stunning result and well deserved. So many times this season, the parts haven't quite gelled or worked properly and then something has gone horribly wrong for us, such as a gifted chance to the enemy or an own goal or something. Last night will go down in our history as the night when everything went horribly RIGHT - 'horribly' for the rest of the competition, anyway.

It was hard not to feel sorry for Phil Stubbins, who was an honest toiler for us before Rini Coolen chucked him out. The Sopwith Camels are clearly the worst team in the league and no longer even bother playing for each other. If I was Stubbins, I would drop Carney for his attitude. Carney didn't try hard enough in front of goal, his head dropped frequently and he couldn't be bothered dropping back to help out the (truly hopeless) Camels defence. No matter that he is the best Camels player; he's not a team player.

For us, there was not a poor performer on the pitch and it would be churlish to pick out individuals when everyone gave so clearly a consistent team effort; however, Isaias' goal was something to treasure and a clear contender for the goal of the season. That it was his first goal for the mighty AU makes it all the more special.

Looking ahead, the rest of the competition has finally awoken to the reality of the AU firing on all 8 cylinders and is now well and truly terrified of us. There is not a team in the league that will now relish coming to the Coopers Cauldron. I can't wait to see the Melbourne Failure here in a couple of weeks; imagine how they are quietly crapping themselves now!
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:34 am

This game reminded me of playing ccm last year which set us up for the rest of the season.....heres hoping
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am

Did anyone else notice after the ref pulled the penalty back due to jets encroaching carney had a lot to say about it. Then when chelo took his second spot kick carney makes it very obvious he doesn't give a f@ck and blazed into the box early ..... This guy is a twat and wasted his career fooling people he could play.

Oh and can we pleeeeease have a gif of pablo taking that ball plum on his boot from 20 metres in the air cushioning it to a sudden stop ? Drool!
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 am

Did anyone else notice after the ref pulled the penalty back due to jets encroaching carney had a lot to say about it. Then when chelo took his second spot kick carney makes it very obvious he doesn't give a f@ck and blazed into the box early ..... This guy is a twat and wasted his career fooling people he could play.

Oh and can we pleeeeease have a gif of pablo taking that ball plum on his boot from 20 metres in the air cushioning it to a sudden stop ? Drool!
Yes i did see Carney re-offend just to make a point to the ref ... what a tosser. I can't believe that he ever made the national side.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:03 pm

What a joke that was.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:38 pm

What a joke that was.

The commentators didn't make a big deal out of it so no replays close up unfortunately :(
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:08 pm

What a joke that was.

The commentators didn't make a big deal out of it so no replays close up unfortunately :(
Does it as if it's nothing, quick dip of the shoulder and whips in a cross :bow:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”