Slory responsible for Reds' sorry finish

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Slory responsible for Reds' sorry finish

Postby sevengoals Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:52 am

Source

Hardly an unusual position. But on merit, a far more controversial statement than any of Vidmar's rantings. Yet there was not even a peep of disapproval from anyone.

I don't think it's a case of 'bias', I just think Val, The Advertiser's editors and most readers just have no fucking idea who he's talking about or that anybody could possibly be offended. Again, never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Yes, hardly unusual.
He also plays the guitar and sings.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 am

Such easy questions

Galekovic, Dodd and Reid have more impressive international records than Slory. Arguably Cornthwaite, Barbiero and Mullen do too given they played in a competitive match vs Slory's two friendlies. Theres nothing magical about Slory's international records
You're right there. FFS, Brian Deane has international caps and top-flight experience but he was shocking. Or do some players get a pass solely because of nationality?
I'm sorry but comparing getting a call up to the Dutch or English national team and the Australian is like comparing players starting in the A-league and players starting in the Eredivisie or EPL.

I agree that just becuase they did play for their national teams doesn't mean they should automatically start for us but it, but the arguement that Flakes or Barbs good due to national team selection doesn't take into account what you have to do to get into each player's national team.
Time to Djbate!
David Votoupal
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 am

I'm saying that many quite average or shocking players have got international caps to their credit, even among the top nations. It's hardly a reliable guide.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 am

Thats true but what i'm saying is that player in The Netherlands or England were obviously playing quite well at the time to be selected in the top leagues which is a standard 10 times the A-league.
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 am

Source

Hardly an unusual position. But on merit, a far more controversial statement than any of Vidmar's rantings. Yet there was not even a peep of disapproval from anyone.

I don't think it's a case of 'bias', I just think Val, The Advertiser's editors and most readers just have no fucking idea who he's talking about or that anybody could possibly be offended. Again, never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Val tends to hold grudges and is quite vitriolic to essentially anyone or anything that has even the slightest sign of a bad feeling towards him.

If you look back at a lot of his articles over the last few years, you'll probably notice a growing pattern of anti-Vidmar slants, which grew even more so after Vidmar's infamous outburst (which, if you look back at the footage, you'll notice that a lot of what Aurelio said was directed at Val and sending him a clear message [he even said directly that Val was one of the problems]).

That's not the only time he's done something like that, either. He's an emotional basket case.

I'd love to have some more insight in recent goings-on between the club and those at the paper, because there's obviously something happening. Articles recently have been a roller coaster going from praise to unforgiving blasts and the club and its players. There's definitely something in the background that we're not privy to and should perhaps be made public.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

I think we need someone like Dateline to do a tell all story on it!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 am

I agree just because someone is an international it does not mean they are better then those who have not.

But simply looking into his career where he was ontop of the eredivisie and as a result of his good form made two appearances its very safe to say the guy has some quality. Still at a good age also.

Comparing him to "aleague-a-roos" is a little off IMO.

Sure he came here out of form and out of luck, coolen even warned us not to expect to much early from him.

From what i understand Flores did not exactly light up the pitch at his previous club and spent most of the time injured, probably shouldnt have signed him either then eh.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 am

Exactly!
Time to Djbate!
David Votoupal

Postby David Votoupal Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Thats true but what i'm saying is that player in The Netherlands or England were obviously playing quite well at the time to be selected in the top leagues which is a standard 10 times the A-league.
If you are versed well in English football for any considerable period of time you will know why I have had so many gripes with some of England's selections. Because too many deserving players were uncapped or under-capped, and some frankly appalling "footballers" won far more.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 pm

If you are versed well in English football for any considerable period of time you will know why I have had so many gripes with some of England's selections. Because too many deserving players were uncapped or under-capped, and some frankly appalling "footballers" won far more.
Yes i agree with you some selections have left me scratching my head but in short what i'm saying is English or Dutch football is better then Australia's
Time to Djbate!
King_Billy

Postby King_Billy Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm saying that many quite average or shocking players have got international caps to their credit, even among the top nations. It's hardly a reliable guide.
If Slory is as good as Franny Jeffers (an internationally capped shocking footballer) was at Newcastle Jets I will be happy.
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
David Votoupal

Postby David Votoupal Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 pm

If Slory is as good as Franny Jeffers (an internationally capped shocking footballer) was at Newcastle Jets I will be happy.
To this day I laugh at how much money we got for Jeffers.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”