Next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

andyj
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Re: Next season

Postby andyj Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:00 am

The end of the AFL/NRL season had basically no effect on the attendances of the clubs
I have to disagree a bit there.

You may be correct about other clubs I have not looked at the numbers, but as far as our club is concerned...

Average attendance
During afl season : 9683
After afl season (excluding AO games) : 10783
After afl season (including AO games) : 12232
Total : 11552
johnnyhopeful

Postby johnnyhopeful Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 am

soccer is controlled by the media moguls ..hence the telstra nrl season ...and foxtel is owned in part by teltra
johnnyhopeful

Postby johnnyhopeful Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

in the advertiser you get one page of soccer ,3/4 a pic , and 5 pages of miss and you get a point
johnnyhopeful

Postby johnnyhopeful Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

that is why the news employs michael angelo .....we get val
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am

The end of the AFL/NRL season had basically no effect on the attendances of the clubs

You may be correct about other clubs I have not looked at the numbers, but as far as our club is concerned...

Average attendance
Yes but the difference is all of 1,000 people. I want our season to be a longer one, not a shorter one. When the AFL is on for 8 months of the year are we going to try and squeeze our season into it's 4 months off season?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
andyj

Postby andyj Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

Average attendance
Yes but the difference is all of 1,000 people. I want our season to be a longer one, not a shorter one. When the AFL is on for 8 months of the year are we going to try and squeeze our season into it's 4 months off season?
1000 people is nearly 10% of our average crowd, a significant figure if you are a bean counter.

I don't think we should be playing just during the other codes off season, but rather have the overlap at the end of our season/start of theirs. I would rather be up against their early rounds than their finals.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm

But our finals are in limited markets and with their media saturation of those same markets are we going to be able to pull that off? Say BR are in the finals again and their game is on Sunday afternoon, do you reckon that the NRL wont play a regular season game on the pitch 24 hours before the game? AUFC is unique as we do not code share our stadium, every other market does.

Anyway the biggest impact on crowds in the HAL (other than ours) is the on field success of the team coupled with the price of a ticket.

Still our discussing this will not change anything as the FFA seem bound and determined to have the HAL shrink to a 9 team comp playing a total of 24 rounds. What a joke.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
andyj

Postby andyj Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Still our discussing this will not change anything as the FFA seem bound and determined to have the HAL shrink to a 9 team comp playing a total of 24 rounds. What a joke.
We most definitely agree there!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”