Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Scott
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Scott Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:41 am

What does everyone think of La Rocca? Seems a mile off the pace to me. I guess still finding his feet in a very different system.
Too early to be judging everyone, I am not a fan of the signing by any means, but lets be fair to him and give him a chance before sinking the boots into him.
Scott

Postby Scott Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:43 am

Heres hoping Troisi isn't out of our price range.
Pretty sure Juventus bought him simply to develop him a little bit more and then sell him for as much as possible.

Josep should go for either Babalj or Demetriou on loan. Maybe they could get Troisi on loan.
Troisi could be a replacement for Mabil but not an out and out striker.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:46 am

I haven't seen a direct quote from Josep with the word "striker". My tip is another winger.
Please a big bodied winger/striker.
I don't see the need for big bodied, I would prefer a pacey striker with a great eye for goal over another Djite type player.
I find if AU play with Bruce for a long period they get accustomed to him holding the ball up. When he's out they often look disjointed and the striker becomes isolated till the side adapts. If they can bring in a player who can do a similar role to Bruce (but in the best case scenario has more pace) I think the side will spend less time adapting to the way the replacement striker will play. Which is why I'd like to see the club sign someone like Ruka or Travis Cooper who have the body to learn Bruce's role but also have the speed to play on the wing when Bruce is in the side.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 am

Pretty sure Juventus bought him simply to develop him a little bit more and then sell him for as much as possible.

Josep should go for either Babalj or Demetriou on loan. Maybe they could get Troisi on loan.
He played that way for MV under Ange. Very well I might add.
But he's made it known he's not keen to return to the HAL.
I very much doubt Swansea are going to sign Demetriou only to loan him to an Australian club 5 mins later.
Time to Djbate!
Scott

Postby Scott Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:52 am

Rukavytsya is a lot better player than he showed at WSW and would be a good pick up. With us now needing to sign more than one player Cooper could be worth a spot as well although I doubt he is going to be anything more than a squad player this year.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 am

Rukavytsya is a lot better player than he showed at WSW and would be a good pick up. With us now needing to sign more than one player Cooper could be worth a spot as well although I doubt he is going to be anything more than a squad player this year.
Yeah I agree with both points. Cooper is still pretty young so I would love to see the club offer him a couple of years to develop.
Time to Djbate!
Scott

Postby Scott Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 am

He played that way for MV under Ange. Very well I might add.
But he's made it known he's not keen to return to the HAL.
I very much doubt Swansea are going to sign Demetriou only to loan him to an Australian club 5 mins later.
Not really he played more as an attacking midfielder just with no one in front of him. He would be best served playing as a winger who cuts inside to score goals like he played in Turkey when he scored heaps of goals. However he was the best Australian in the league when he was here and he probably would be again.

And I would play him as striker ahead of Djite even if I don't think it is his best position.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:59 am

Cutting in from the right like an inverted Cirio? Yes please.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:59 am

Im not that familiar with Italian football, so I don't really understand the purpose behind the whole "co-ownership" concept. But just looking at their wiki showed they had 64 players out on loan last season!

Its like a farking football player farm, but yeah, by the looks of it, its just there to make them money.

No direct quotes, but from what I've read they see James Troisi not turning out as they expected and they just want to release him to another club, they don't really care about a transfer fee at this point.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:05 pm

What does everyone think of La Rocca? Seems a mile off the pace to me. I guess still finding his feet in a very different system.
Too early to be judging everyone, I am not a fan of the signing by any means, but lets be fair to him and give him a chance before sinking the boots into him.
I agree. He's been here two weeks, they're mainly working on fitness atm, not on structure or anything that helps him assimilate himself to how he fits in to how we play.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Im not that familiar with Italian football, so I don't really understand the purpose behind the whole "co-ownership" concept. But just looking at their wiki showed they had 64 players out on loan last season!

Its like a farking football player farm, but yeah, by the looks of it, its just there to make them money.

No direct quotes, but from what I've read they see James Troisi not turning out as they expected and they just want to release him to another club, they don't really care about a transfer fee at this point.
I believe co-ownership has been outlawed in italy.

To be fair Troisi failed miserably at atalanta, that was his time to step up and fight to make the juventus squad but it did not work out.

To me rukavitsya is much more of a winger then troisi.

Troisi is very versatile but has the ability to hold the ball up with back to goal and also turn on an opponent. If its a striker we want then troisi would be favoured.

If we want break neck speed on the wing to replace mabil then ruka is the go.imo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm

To be fair Troisi failed miserably at atalanta, that was his time to step up and fight to make the juventus squad but it did not work out.

Troisi is very versatile but has the ability to hold the ball up with back to goal and also turn on an opponent. If its a striker we want then troisi would be favoured.

If we want break neck speed on the wing to replace mabil then ruka is the go.imo
I reckon Kamau can step up and be Mabil's replacement in terms of a pacey winger. It's time Pablo Sanchez gets the starting eleven spot he deserves.
we da best
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 pm

i would be more than happy with ruka, i think Kamu is a little light on but with a season under his belt who knows
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

I'd be up for both tbh ahaha.
Scott

Postby Scott Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Kamau is good enough for an off the bench role in my opinion but he struggled in his only start against Sydney when Petkovic out muscled him and he did not have smarts to find another way. Hopefully he has learnt a lot from that game.
How good is Smith and is he really a winger?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”