Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:56 am

On the plus side, this allows Pablo Sanchez to be a regular in the starting eleven, like he should be. Too good to be sitting on the bench. Best of luck to Mabil, maybe in a couple years he can get a contract with a holy trinity club!
What's this holy trinity club thing?
I think its just the latest catch phrase on 442 that all the kool kids keep saying, persinally dont have a clue lol.

Imo mabile is leaving adelaide with more talent and potential then our other wide exports ( burns and leckie )

Leckie and burns were more dominant in a league that was still not up to standard and leckie was all muscle and brawn.

I think mabil has what it takes if he has the right people around him to keep him grounded.
I sort of see Awer as inbetween those two. IMO Burns was a pretty complete player when he left us where as you say Leckie was more speed and muscle then anything else.
I think Awer was all speed and trickery to start with but under JG he has learnt to step on the ball more and involve his team mates far more. I think as long as he remembers these things and continues to learn there is no reason why he can't go anywhere. Remember he's still only 19.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am

Doubt Mabil will get a send off. This game is fully to promote Liverpool.

We look very light on in the front third now...
If they don't allow the club a moment to send him off it would be great if AU started him and gave him 5 mins then subbed him. That would be a good send off.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:59 am

On the plus side, this allows Pablo Sanchez to be a regular in the starting eleven, like he should be. Too good to be sitting on the bench. Best of luck to Mabil, maybe in a couple years he can get a contract with a holy trinity club!
What's this holy trinity club thing?
I think its just the latest catch phrase on 442 that all the kool kids keep saying, persinally dont have a clue lol.

Imo mabile is leaving adelaide with more talent and potential then our other wide exports ( burns and leckie )

Leckie and burns were more dominant in a league that was still not up to standard and leckie was all muscle and brawn.

I think mabil has what it takes if he has the right people around him to keep him grounded.
I sort of see Awer as inbetween those two. IMO Burns was a pretty complete player when he left us where as you say Leckie was more speed and muscle then anything else.
I think Awer was all speed and trickery to start with but under JG he has learnt to step on the ball more and involve his team mates far more. I think as long as he remembers these things and continues to learn there is no reason why he can't go anywhere. Remember he's still only 19.
The holy trinity is a club from either Holland, Belgium or Bundesliga 2. People think that these are the best leagues for youngsters to go to.
Scott
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 pm

I think holy trinity is Holland, Belgium, and Bundsalegia 2 as they are viewed as being better development leagues compared to England, Scotland and even Italy.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Right gotcha. Yeah on paper that makes sense.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:22 pm

If they don't allow the club a moment to send him off it would be great if AU started him and gave him 5 mins then subbed him. That would be a good send off.
Mabil should at least get some game time. It's his final game for the club that got him to where he is now, for Pete's sake.
we da best
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Mabil should at least get some game time. It's his final game for the club that got him to where he is now, for Pete's sake.
Although it would look pretty dumb if the club played him and he did a knee and that ruined the chance of the transfer. In the end this is a meaningless match.
AU are apparently looking at a huge fee and Awer gets a huge chance to take the next step in his career. In the grand scheme of things I actually hope he doesn't play.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:25 pm

A chance for Ochieng or Kamau perhaps? Kamau is more akin to Mabil however I like the variety that Ochieng brings to the table.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:28 pm

A chance for Ochieng or Kamau perhaps? Kamau is more akin to Mabil however I like the variety that Ochieng brings to the table.
I like Ochieng more as a defender. Obviously he has a lot of developing to do but I find he gets closed down too easily in the final third. He's far better defensively IMO.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Although it would look pretty dumb if the club played him and he did a knee and that ruined the chance of the transfer. In the end this is a meaningless match.
AU are apparently looking at a huge fee and Awer gets a huge chance to take the next step in his career. In the grand scheme of things I actually hope he doesn't play.
Sub him on in the 89th minute, throw the ball to him, let him do some mad tekkers and juggling skills, before blasting it from halfway over Mignolet and immediately being subbed off to the sound of raucous applause and panties getting soaked. :boogie:
we da best
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Always knew he'd leave eventually, but I was expecting him to stay for another year aha. Bit of a shock. At least its a club known with youth development, all the best Awer!

With 2 years on his contract, 19 years old, potential, pace, give us all da mulah plz!
Hopefully the club slapped on a future sale % as well.

Leaves us in an interesting spot ahaha
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:07 pm

with Mabil being let go by the club there might be some truth to the SST rumour we are in for an aussie winger.
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Mabil would have been on a pittance at this club. Will be tough finding a player of his calibre for the same wage.

Hoping Kamau can evolve into Mabil mk 2.
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:57 pm

I'd say the right wing is covered by PSA, Kamau and if worse comes to worst, Cirio can be dragged out of his position on the left.

Main priority for AU now should be a striker.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Mabil would have been on a pittance at this club. Will be tough finding a player of his calibre for the same wage.

Hoping Kamau can evolve into Mabil mk 2.
Sure it would have been low but he re signed for 4 years so its highly unlikely he was on minimum wage as it would have locked his salary in until he was 22.

No doubt it wasnt anything substantial though.

The should hopefully be enough room to fit huge into the cap now and we can chase a game breaker plus add some depth
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”