Adelaide United v Melbourne City SF Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City SF Match Day Jamboree!!

Postby bpowell454 Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Did anyone noticed that Bruce stopped running and was making signals to the bench in the last few minutes? he managed to run down the ball to put in the assist but wasn't looking anywhere near 100% before and after.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: WATRs Player of the 2015/16 Season - HAL Semi Final

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 pm

It's the night after now and I'm still buzzing :) Where does it rate for you in the all-time best Hindmarsh nights?

It's right up there for me, I even got into the chants and that never happens!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:08 pm

It's the night after now and I'm still buzzing :) Where does it rate for you in the all-time best Hindmarsh nights?

Just thinking recently, It's up there with the FFA cup Final from last season for me, but maybe more exciting because there were more goals and the game was played at a higher intensity.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Delovski and other referees partied at the Woolshed on Hindley Street last night.
gold.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Brucie's first goal was the moment I knew we would win and the way he took it had me jumping up and down like a mad man. I was perfectly lined up to watch it curl all the way in from my spot in the northern stand.

I haven't experienced that kind of eurphoria since Beltrame turned that Jets pen around the post to send us to our first GF and turned to us and dropped to his knees with his fists raised.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Brucie's first goal was the moment I knew we would win and the way he took it had me jumping up and down like a mad man. I was perfectly lined up to watch it curl all the way in from my spot in the northern stand.

I haven't experienced that kind of eurphoria since Beltrame turned that Jets pen around the post to send us to our first GF and turned to us and dropped to his knees with his fists raised.
It wastn the usual djite goal of just putting his leg through the ball as hard as he can from the top of the box. You can we he looked up and made the decision curl it around the keeper. It reminded me of alemao on the opposite side.

Just on sorrenson though....imo he really cost city this year. Gave away the penalty in round 27 and bruce comes out and says he knew which way sorrenson was going based on footage of him always going early. He is a marquee player that has found himself out of position numerous times this season. For a marquee keeper you really need to be a cut above, meanwhile ante covic is still playing exceptionally well on minimal wages.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:04 pm

I can't believe I missed the first goal to go to the toilet :lol:
we da best
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:56 pm

lol, me too, that queue was horrendous
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Not to rub it in, but possibly one of best goals I've seen live, particularly when considering the occasion.

Top shelf!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Yep, 2 out of my 3 sons missed the goal cos of the toilet situation. I timed it perfectly, stood at the top of the stairs on the eastern side until the ht whistle blew and then ran down and joined the queue. I was back in my seat just as the players were coming out.

Ridiculous situation with those toilets behind the north stand being blocked, poor maintenance ? :?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Yep, 2 out of my 3 sons missed the goal cos of the toilet situation. I timed it perfectly, stood at the top of the stairs on the eastern side until the ht whistle blew and then ran down and joined the queue. I was back in my seat just as the players were coming out.

Ridiculous situation with those toilets behind the north stand being blocked, poor maintenance ? :?
I personally have a no toilet break policy at hindmarsh for this very reason lol.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 pm

This is part of the reason why hindmarsh needs an upgrade, the facilities are not up to scratch for the modern spectator who expects comfort. Anything over 11k and you have to deal with these issues.

Re: toilets, I walked around to the south end at half time and while there was still a long queue, I did manage to get in and out in a time I could tolerate :)

Probably for another time!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:01 pm

I saw the line, got a pass out, bolted to the Serbian Club, used the facilities then I felt bad so I slammed a beer and was back before kick off for the 2nd half.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:39 pm

I saw the line, got a pass out, bolted to the Serbian Club, used the facilities then I felt bad so I slammed a beer and was back before kick off for the 2nd half.
This is greatest story of the night!

All that to see Bruce's best goal of the season.

Not toilet policy for me too!
We are UNITED, after all....
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:31 am

It wastn the usual djite goal of just putting his leg through the ball as hard as he can from the top of the box. You can we he looked up and made the decision curl it around the keeper. It reminded me of alemao on the opposite side.

Just on sorrenson though....imo he really cost city this year. Gave away the penalty in round 27 and bruce comes out and says he knew which way sorrenson was going based on footage of him always going early. He is a marquee player that has found himself out of position numerous times this season. For a marquee keeper you really need to be a cut above, meanwhile ante covic is still playing exceptionally well on minimal wages.
Reminds me that I need to get his name and number reapplied to my anniversary edition top, absolute beast who we should have kept.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”