Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Who should replace Amor?

Postby EdDog Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 am

Just read Ante's comments.

What a flog. Hope he gets the sack. Can't even recruit well for a cashed up Perth side. One of the only teams to win nothing in the HAL.

If he's still here next season and Amor is the one to depart then they can kiss my membership money goodbye.

Really feel for the fans they sucked into buying 3 year memberships.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Who should replace Amor?

Postby bpowell454 Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:32 am

What a flog. Hope he gets the sack. Can't even recruit well for a cashed up Perth side. One of the only teams to win nothing in the HAL.

If he's still here next season and Amor is the one to depart then they can kiss my membership money goodbye.

What comments? Can you link it or post it here please?
EdDog

Re: Who should replace Amor?

Postby EdDog Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 am

What comments? Can you link it or post it here please?
I have re-read them without my dislike/bias of Ante and they're actually not that bad lol.

Apologies for all the hoo-hah.
ozisnowman

Postby ozisnowman Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Don't know

However we know who wont be coaching Adelaide United Next Year -> Tony Popovic

His conditions in becoming a team's coach -
Talks with Shanghai in November collapsed when the club refused to agree to Popovic's terms of independent control over the recruitment of players and staff, and football department operations.

would not go down well with our micro managing, penny pinching board and football department.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Don't know

Talks with Shanghai in November collapsed when the club refused to agree to Popovic's terms of independent control over the recruitment of players and staff, and football department operations.

would not go down well with our micro managing, penny pinching board and football department.
Personally I'd would be deterred by a coach wanting that. As long as it fits in with the culture/direction of the club.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:11 am

Don't know

Personally I'd would be deterred by a coach wanting that. As long as it fits in with the culture/direction of the club.
Such a level of control is problematic if the club has an established philosophy it wishes to continue into the long term as coaches tend to look at immediate results and gear football departments towards these shorter term goals (it is, after all, their job to concentrate on the short term). Hence the football department needs to be directed by longer term technical vision and encompass the youth and women as well as the seniors.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 am

Don't know

Such a level of control is problematic if the club has an established philosophy it wishes to continue into the long term as coaches tend to look at immediate results and gear football departments towards these shorter term goals (it is, after all, their job to concentrate on the short term). Hence the football department needs to be directed by longer term technical vision and encompass the youth and women as well as the seniors.
True. Although if a club has a long term philosophy and that coach fits that bill then I have no beef with them wanting control of assistants and players. If the coach comes in and wants to change the philosophy or ignore a club's policy on youth then they would be going against why they were hired.
Time to Djbate!
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

If we replaced Amor with Valkainas as somebody else mentioned I will not attend an Adelaide match under the current ownership ever again. I don't understand how any of you can see that as anything other than a terrible decision destined to be a disaster. I am really worried for the future of the club right now and have no idea what we should do after Amor, I really don't want him to go but he won't stay so we have no option. I'd let Pau take the reigns until the end of the season and if he gets a couple of wins and improves us even slightly then give him the job on a one year deal with an option for a second, giving us a stable option that we can quickly get out of if it goes tits up again. If he fails, than we need a shake up but I don't know any coach charismatic enough that would be able to do with the bullshit politics in our club on a shoestring budget.

Basically the only way out unless we hit the jackpot with a great new manager like we did with Gombau is the board leaving. I think this has to get really bad before it gets better.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:45 pm

If we replaced Amor with Valkainas as somebody else mentioned I will not attend an Adelaide match under the current ownership ever again. I don't understand how any of you can see that as anything other than a terrible decision destined to be a disaster. I am really worried for the future of the club right now and have no idea what we should do after Amor, I really don't want him to go but he won't stay so we have no option. I'd let Pau take the reigns until the end of the season and if he gets a couple of wins and improves us even slightly then give him the job on a one year deal with an option for a second, giving us a stable option that we can quickly get out of if it goes tits up again. If he fails, than we need a shake up but I don't know any coach charismatic enough that would be able to do with the bullshit politics in our club on a shoestring budget.

Basically the only way out unless we hit the jackpot with a great new manager like we did with Gombau is the board leaving. I think this has to get really bad before it gets better.
Yeah I'm out if Mr V comes in and Ante stays I'm.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:51 pm

I just think Valkanis has some decent runs on the board with how the youth side fared under his control. I'm not saying he's the perfect option I just feel he is a decent realistic one.

Obviously getting someone like another Gombau would be the dream. But I would also like to see an Australian coach offered the chance. Maybe the club could take a punt on someone like Arthur Papas. He very much has a possession based philosophy and appears to be focused on team culture similar to Gombau.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Yeah I'm out if Mr V comes in and Ante stays I'm.
What has he done to put you guys off so much?
I'm interested to know.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:00 pm

I don't understand people abandoning their team but each to their own. Everyone has their own requirements as to what they'd like to see.

It sounds ridiculous as we won the title last year but I wasn't a huge fan of the more conservative style we used. I'd love to go back to something a bit closer to Gombau which was full of entertainment.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm

I'd be happy to the Aloisi brothers in charge, play a decent brand and we know Ross has the passion!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:12 pm

I don't understand people abandoning their team but each to their own. Everyone has their own requirements as to what they'd like to see.

It sounds ridiculous as we won the title last year but I wasn't a huge fan of the more conservative style we used. I'd love to go back to something a bit closer to Gombau which was full of entertainment.
I would like to hear those people's plans for the club if what is going on now and in the future is so wrong. Obviously if they are so against the club's direction they have an alternative approach.
I'm all ears on what that would be as it obvious change is needed. I've put forward my opinion for the future. I'd love to hear others, especially people who are that unhappy they are considering jumping ship.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I'd be happy to the Aloisi brothers in charge, play a decent brand and we know Ross has the passion!
I'd like that too. But honestly is that at all likely?
I think they have a good thing going at Brisbane. Unless they have more staff payment issues I can't see them leaving anytime soon.
Also one thing I've always loved about AUFC is that they rarely seek out players and staff from other HAL clubs. They either develop their own locals or find people who fit their bill abroad.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”