Bye Stubbs!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Steelinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Re: Bye Stubbs!

Postby Steelinho Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 am

Does this mean we can look forward to plenty of home wins and not many away?
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:53 am

It's probably frustration on my behalf that we are letting so many go, so many who have played an integral part in the success of the club to date. We can't compare this to Brisbane Roar, because Brisbane went stale, they NEEDED a re-shuffle, they were Dad's Army and bringing up the rear of the table, they relinquished a whole season to re-build (which IMO, lost them many fans and saw there attendances plummet) and now they are rewarded with a premiership and probably a new legion of fans judging by Suncorp on the weekend. We have just come off a SUCCESSFUL season, why clean out?

All I'm saying is that there is ALOT of unhappy players & staff behind the scenes with the way Rini handles things, the majority have now left, and I'm extremely worried that if this is occuring when we are having a successful season, what could potentially happen if next year is a disaster?

I hope like hell I'm wrong, but even as an extremely optimistic, proud and passionate supporter of AU, something smells very very fishy to me.
I'm sorry but i really don't consider this season a successful season we came third. There is a hell of a lot of improving we need to do. Everyone sings Rini's praises when he wins, when we start losing and he makes a few changes suddenly this man has no idea.

We are in transition, wait till the masterpiece is complete before complaining how it looks.
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

i wouldn't call last to 3rd a un-succesfull season, sure it was a bit dissapointing after our early form but chuck in the new coach and owners and i think on a whole it was a succesfull year.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

i wouldn't call last to 3rd a un-succesfull season, sure it was a bit dissapointing after our early form but chuck in the new coach and owners and i think on a whole it was a succesfull year.
Exactly the new things we have made the season successful so why are people complaining about change?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:05 pm

To be fair rini is not exactly getting rid of half the squad.

Fyfe had an offer he could not refuse.
Dodd chased money interstate, he was offered a fair contract here.
Corny was offered an overseas contract he decided to take it.
Hughes is in negotiations and was meant to be days away from signing a few weeks back
Reid dug his own grave.
Pantelis is neither one way or the other but Rini said he would honour his contract if he chose to stay.

But Rini has re-signed
Barbiero
Ramsay
Mullen
Cassio

and signed up
Usucar
Slory
Izzo
Norton
Malik
Caravella

Notice these guys are well and truly on the right side of 30? (apart from cassio but he is in no way showing any signs of age like dodd or pantelis have, and slory is still of a good age but yet to prove himself yet there is so so much potential.)

We all sit here and talk shit about more youth needs a go and that we would rather watch some young kids fight for their life every game then some fading has been.

Well ladies and gentlemen we finally have that and i could not be happier, anything less will see us turn into Perth glory
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm

yes!
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Hughes is in negotiations and was meant to be days away from signing a few weeks back
hmm, wat's going on with this? i thought he had already re-signed, but i think that was just an assumption of mine now. Hughes is a must sign.
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Exactly the new things we have made the season successful so why are people complaining about change?
umm...confused.
I'm sorry but i really don't consider this season a successful season we came third.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I thought Slory has disappeared back to the Netherlands?
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

It's probably frustration on my behalf that we are letting so many go, so many who have played an integral part in the success of the club to date. We can't compare this to Brisbane Roar, because Brisbane went stale, they NEEDED a re-shuffle, they were Dad's Army and bringing up the rear of the table, they relinquished a whole season to re-build (which IMO, lost them many fans and saw there attendances plummet) and now they are rewarded with a premiership and probably a new legion of fans judging by Suncorp on the weekend. We have just come off a SUCCESSFUL season, why clean out?

All I'm saying is that there is ALOT of unhappy players & staff behind the scenes with the way Rini handles things, the majority have now left, and I'm extremely worried that if this is occuring when we are having a successful season, what could potentially happen if next year is a disaster?

I hope like hell I'm wrong, but even as an extremely optimistic, proud and passionate supporter of AU, something smells very very fishy to me.
Brisbane had gone stale, but Adelaide United did too last year. And while finishing 3rd (and out in the 2nd week of finals) is a vast improvement, there is still plenty of work to be done.

Or will United go back to the usual infighting, egos, etc?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Or will United go back to the usual infighting, egos, etc?
No. That's precisely what these changes under Coolen are all about.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 pm

I thought Slory has disappeared back to the Netherlands?
Gone for treatment for the injury he sustained in the game vs GCU.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Shane

Postby Shane Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

RedsUnited wrote:I thought Slory has disappeared back to the Netherlands?Gone for treatment for the injury he sustained in the game vs GCU.
He should be back to running in 3 weeks, which is great. Hes still in Holland.
Shane

Postby Shane Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

RedsUnited wrote:I thought Slory has disappeared back to the Netherlands?Gone for treatment for the injury he sustained in the game vs GCU.
He should be back to running in 3 weeks, which is great. Hes still in Holland.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 am

A post so fine that it deserved to be said twice! :lol: The question is really: Is he coming back?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”