Where to from here?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: Where to from here?

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 am

I really hope that with a full pre-season Rini can start to make his mark on the team. When Flores & van Dijk arrived we played well in the ACL, then Rini came in and we kicked arse for the first half of the season.. for some reason we couldn't keep the momentum going, why???
Something Mark Bosnich said on foxsports fc, he was talking about he's time at Aston Villa and where they had the chance to win premiership but the team believed they weren't good enough to win it, when a friend of his told him years later that the team was good enough just the team did not believe that they could win it, which was the root of their failure.

IMO the same applied to us. After the first Tard match, we lost some self belief and our performances reflected that.

A rebuilding squad like ours did not need that negativity.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:11 am

1 kick to the knee by sukha changed our season, everything changed after this
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 am

^ so true.

Mind you one setback like that shouldn't derail an entire season, the collapse was indicative of mental softness rather than being unable to cope without Leckie on the pitch.

Glad we did Melbourne over twice though, good to get that particular monkey off our back.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:24 am

I feel axactly the same as shin, when Leckie was deliberately taken out by MV something snapped in the team dynamics and we just retreated. It was like Leckie helped the rest of the team reach a new level. If he was staying I would be tempted to give the cpatains armband to him as he really does lead from the front.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Where to? A new dynasty of footballers in the next 4 years. How's our Elite Academy going?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:45 pm

According to Topgun Jimmy Rini will be on 5AA at 6pm. He said Dodd, Flores, Flakes, Pants, Reid and maybe Hughes are gone!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 pm

For those who didn't get to listen.

Rini said....

He's not sure what Dodd wants to do still
Last time he talked to Reid he said he was leaving but that was nearly a week ago.
The club is doing everything in their power to keep Flores

And the rest of the time they were just discussing the game and Cornsy was talking shit as per usual.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm

They wont let flores go unless its for big money.

You would expect if we lost flores he would be replaced with a marquee number 10
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm

According to Topgun Jimmy Rini will be on 5AA at 6pm. He said Dodd, Flores, Flakes, Pants, Reid and maybe Hughes are gone!
Expected and no massive loss in the big picture, bar Flores obviously. If he goes to a bigger club in a bigger league I can swallow that.

If its the FFA causing a massive break (if they ever announce a start date) before next season that has him looking elsewhere I'll be pissed.
derbyfan

Postby derbyfan Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

According to the news I got yesterday, Dodd signed for Perth more than 4 weeks ago.

The scenes at the end of the game seemed to justify that information to me. I also was told that Slory was on huge money. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Club will not let Flores go unless they get well reimbursed. Sign him on an extension and THEN sell him. Lots of money to be made there. :p
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Dodd said on the news tongight that if AU can get close to matching Perths offer he will stay in Adelaide so i think we have to wait an see on that one.

Considering last season we finished dead last and looked woeful, were owned by the FFA and looked to be going nowhere as a club.

Now we have owners happy to spend money and have a plan to build a club.
We got a new coach 2 weeks before the season started who has turned the club around on the pitch and at one stage had us on a 10 game unbeaten streak.
We finished 4th despite having a depleted squad, a massive injury turnover all season and what seemed like a differant starting 11 each week.

I think with some decent signings and a pre-season with Rini in charge will reap big benefits next year and i'm pumped for it already.

Add in the likely off-field action in regards to training facilites and clubrooms to it will add in some more intrigue.

Oh and then there was COOPERS!!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

My gut says dodd is staying.

I just cannot imagine him wearing a purple and white shirt at hindmarsh.

If he does go, and anyone boo's him while playing against us they are utter scum.

Obviously flores will only go if we get big money for him, but also Flakes if i remember right signed a 5 year contract a while ago so if he was to leave that is a nice transfer fee you would hope.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Flakes is an interesting one. Wasn't it Norwich meant to be sniffing around a few years back? And then Korean clubs?

He's a capped Socceroo, but a benchwarmer at A-League level these days. If he goes will it be overseas at League 1 or 2 level? Or will he go to another HAL club?
supsup

Postby supsup Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 pm

I want Dodd to stay for sentimentality's sake, and on a year by year contract, he was nowhere to be seen on Sunday..

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”