Slory

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Slory

Postby Agostinho Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:32 am

I barely saw the Wellington game as frankly I was smashed, but I thought he showed good signs against Melbourne before he went off.
#WeAreUnited
Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Shane Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 am

Andy will be here for the next 2 years at minimum.

It's way too early to judge him on his appearences thus far, give him some time.
Shano. Red to the core.
Damo

Postby Damo Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeah I’m still to form a proper opinion on Slory other then to say he is quick and gets a bit aggressive at times. Still not sure how he will go. Most of the games he’s played in thus far have been under difficult conditions (overly humid, pissing down, man down) or he hasn’t had enough time on the pitch to make anything happen.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:49 pm

I am really hoping he gels effectively with Cassio and models his agression on Cassio's. Having 2 aggressive (in the wanting to win and attack), fast players going down the left hand side will just be a joy to watch - and if we can achieve the same down the right I will be in counter attacking heaven!

Actually on the topic of RW & RWB, how the fuck is it that given the supossed derth of left sided players AUFC have a shitload of them yet have absolutely no cover on the right hand side? We lose Leckie and possibly Dodd at the end of the season, Watson and Mullen are not natural wing backs - also you could not say either of them have the natural attacking flair from that possition that Cassio does. Frankly during the off season this is an area that Rini needs to focus on with his recruitment, along with our CBs in general.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Watson and Mullen don't play as wing backs, they play as full backs.

tbh i think we have plenty of quality cover with those two at RB, both are well above most of the RB's in the comp even if they don't offer as much as Cassio going forward. I would rather have a quality defender than a quality attacker at RB.
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm

True, they do play as full backs, but that shits me since we are essentially a counter attacking team. Frankly one of the main reasons we are reliant on our RB being a full back is because Dodd offers so little protection defensively on that side.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Actually on the topic of RW & RWB, how the fuck is it that given the supossed derth of left sided players AUFC have a shitload of them yet have absolutely no cover on the right hand side? We lose Leckie and possibly Dodd at the end of the season, Watson and Mullen are not natural wing backs - also you could not say either of them have the natural attacking flair from that possition that Cassio does. Frankly during the off season this is an area that Rini needs to focus on with his recruitment, along with our CBs in general.
Slory is a Right Winger, he just mostly plays on the left for us right now. he and Dodd even switch around every now and then.
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:49 am

All wingers switch sides - or they should - I am more refering to our overlapping ability down the right being next to non existent.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

All wingers switch sides - or they should - I am more refering to our overlapping ability down the right being next to non existent.
The problem is the lack of trust from others when Watson makes forward runs. He tried against Wellington and Reid ignored him every. Single. Time. Then he stopped doing it, went into his shell and we started playing worse and conceded the goal. So I blame Reid for that one.

Last time Watson actually got service on one of his runs, van Dijk got his hat trick against the Fury. We should be making sure our players actually look out for his runs and not blaming Watson.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 pm

watson was actually interviewed in yesterday paper... said the coach prefered him to stay back while cassio went forward.

this is from the paper, haven't seen it on AdelaideNow yet?

"Despite Watson's natural attacking instincts, boss Rini Coolen has instructed him to be a little more conservative, preffering Cassio to overlap more often on the left flank.

"Cassio, he'll go past players with the ball at his feet where i get my instructions to try to get my passes forward," Watson said.

"Rini likes my passing ability and he wants me to get the ball to Serg (van Djike), to Marcos (Flores) and to Trav (Dodd). Obviously when i can I try and get in behind, I'll go, but I've got to try and show the opposing wingers the line."

dont know if its because he doesn't trust him enough to be able to do this yet? but i never really remember AUFC's own self-proclaimed Sergrio Ramos i.e. Mullen doing this when playing at RB.

i still believe Alemao would be best suited to this position and with the right guidance under Coolen could have really showed us what he could produce
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Yeah, saw that as well.

I don't think it has a lot to do with trust, I think it's just having that balance, using Cassio's strength on the left, which is more prominent than our wingers on that side, and passing/distributing/keeping position in the back line on the right, where our wingers on the right are a lot more effective when taking on defenders. It might make it look lop-sided when only one side has overlapping, but it's adding a sort of balance more than anything else.

Also, it keeps three at the back when Cassio comes forward, giving us a little more security in that sense.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Not impressed.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm

has injured himself twice now during games, both were due to poor first touches :(
We are UNITED, after all....
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:41 pm

has injured himself twice now during games, both were due to poor first touches :(
We've piss Pantelis off for this?

Strange somehow.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Ok since we lost, i can now vent my true opinions about him....i can tolerate him when we are winning, but now the truth is gonna come out lol

He is piss weak, he is 28 years old, and playing in the A-League...thats gotta tell ya sumthin already. He is ALWAYS going to ground, argues with the ref, and as someone above me posted, his first touch is shit.

I WANT HIM GONE, AND FROM NEXT SEASON, I WANT TO C RAMSAY START OUTWIDE ON THE LEFT.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”