Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart Match Day Jamboree! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

supsup
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart Match Day Jamboree! ©

Postby supsup Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 am

I've always found with our beloved AUFC that when we sit back and hold for the win it's not the man with the ball that is the problem. It's the fellas further up the field that should be providing options that slacken off, leaving us to waste possession and return the pressure to our back four. That was the joy of Leckie, he always busted his ass and presented, so too Van Dijk, it's the pantellis', the dodds, that are culpable.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 am

We came up against a desperate team and we were a CB short, so we stretched the midfield to try to cover. It sucks, but all this doom and gloom is a bit over the top.

I'd have liked Rini to bring on Ramsey rather than FCS Keenan, with Pantelis covering Hughes in midfield. Pants still gets and distributes ok, it's the final pass and shot that's been his glaring weakness this year so I think he could have held ok, while Ramsey's attacking instinct would have given Heart second thoughts about pushing at us too hard.
someone who speaks the truth
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ganas
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm

we didn't deserve the win. we could look at all different things that happened in the game like the penalty we should have been given which would have killed off the heart. but end of day, we didn't deserve it. lets just hope this gives us the kick up the ass for the next month. we have a lot of games to get through, hopefully the players learn the message and finish these teams off. wednesday's game is scaring me now.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”