WE ARE THE PREMIERS!!!!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: WE ARE THE PREMIERS!!!!!!

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm

I would have been happy to see the team presented the trophy after the city game in melbourne celebrating infront of the red army. Obviously with a simultaneous final round so this can happen.

There is a sense of if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it really happen?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 pm

"Adelaide did not want to be presented with the trophy before Friday’s clash because United’s coaching staff did not want the side distracted by the euphoria before kick off."

From Val's recent article.

Wise move IMO.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 pm

I think it cheapens the achievement that we don't get to celebrate it properly. The Championship will be enormous, but as far as I'm concerned winning the league should still be recognized as a greater achievement than it currently is.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I think it cheapens the achievement that we don't get to celebrate it properly. The Championship will be enormous, but as far as I'm concerned winning the league should still be recognized as a greater achievement than it currently is.
Exactly this.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Completely agree. But there is no good time to celebrate it now.

You can thank the non-simultaneous kick off times for that.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Whoever wins the plate always has the week off the following week. If they don't want to do simultaneous kick-offs, they should at least make sure that on the Saturday if a club wishes they can present the trophy at an event they choose.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Whoever wins the plate always has the week off the following week. If they don't want to do simultaneous kick-offs, they should at least make sure that on the Saturday if a club wishes they can present the trophy at an event they choose.
Great idea.
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 am

Who here has some free time on their hands (probably only a few hours or so) and is good with video production?

I'd like to see a video that edits together all of the Round 27 games as if they were played simultaneously. It'll really help sell the need and benefits of a simultaneous final round kick off.

Here's a 35 minute video of the final day of the 2011-12 Premier League season, when City won their first title in decades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPKrD6vKOc4
robshan

Postby robshan Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:32 pm

One thing I didn't realise, is there are no medals for the Premiership players and coaches until alerted by Simon Hill on the radio. I definitely think the FFA should address that omission and probably back date it to the the first season.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:26 am

Great idea.
Makes sense!
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:01 am

Who here has some free time on their hands (probably only a few hours or so) and is good with video production?

I'd like to see a video that edits together all of the Round 27 games as if they were played simultaneously. It'll really help sell the need and benefits of a simultaneous final round kick off.

Here's a 35 minute video of the final day of the 2011-12 Premier League season, when City won their first title in decades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPKrD6vKOc4
Well I don't know about the video production part but it would start off with Matt McKay missing that sitter after 2 and a half minutes which would have put them in front. As they are despairing over the miss it switches live to Isaias putting the ball in to the back of the net from a free kick to send Adelaide to the top of the league. This means that if Western Sydney score they can jump the Roar as it stands and Perth can jump City with a win. On the half hour mark, Perth concede two to allow City some leeway due to some shocking defending. Western Sydney meanwhile roar forward and take the lead to put themselves into 2nd and pile the pressure on Adelaide thanks to Brendan Santalab. In response to this, Stefan Mauk is brought down at AAMI Park and Bruce Djite has the chance to put Adelaide in front by 2 to give them what would be an unassailable lead. Bruce of course belts it home and throughout half time the travelling Adelaide fans are ironically singing Melbourne Victory chants in support of their rivals across at the Etihad who must hold off Brisbane to win Adelaide the lead. With both teams 2-0 up, Western Sydney and Adelaide spend most of the second half praying that Victory don't concede. Perth concede another two to give City a home final while Victory are still yet to concede, some Adelaide fans have actually left the ground and made the short trip to Docklands to ensure that Brisbane do not find a goal. Lawrence Thomas pulls off a number of great saves late on to ensure that Adelaide are premiers and send the travelling fans into a state of euphoria.
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:14 am

Very well written! If I could get ahold of all relevant footage, I could even give it a crack.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 am

Anyone else still in the ground when it was announced that the players decided that the Premier's Plate would get presented to the crowd after the Grand Final as they've decided they've not won anything yet? Was really good to hear that they're bloody fired up and focused on bagging every trophy they can.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 am

Anyone else still in the ground when it was announced that the players decided that the Premier's Plate would get presented to the crowd after the Grand Final as they've decided they've not won anything yet? Was really good to hear that they're bloody fired up and focused on bagging every trophy they can.
Yep! Massive respect to them for doing it. There's some steely resolve in those changerooms - we're a far cry from 2012-13 and anything before it. The pissantry does not exist.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:44 am

It's magnificent, though I disagree that they 'haven't won anything yet' - no matter what happens on Sunday, winning the Premiership is still the greater achievement.

We have never played a Grand Final having finished top of the league. We have never played a home Grand Final. This is new territory for us, I have no doubts that we can follow up our premiership with the dunny seat... B)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”