Anymore signings?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ipod
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Anymore signings?

Postby ipod Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Beauchamp is not the player we should be looking for. We need a ball playing CB
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 am

We have a CB in Osama Malik who can play the ball out from the back.

I think if any experienced CB crosses our path ATM we should look at signing them, as there are not to many going around in australia currently
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am

So looking at our current playing roster, we have room to sign another 4-7 players (salary cap willing, of course).

I'd say we need at least:
- another striker
- another RB
- another 2 CBs
- a right winger

Norton will come into the senior squad next season, so will be Cassio's back up (if Usucar isn't played out of position there).

I'd prefer a more mobile right wingback, rather than a fullback - as that is what I already see Mullen to be.

There's no denying we need CBs. This should be our priority right now.

As for a winger/striker - we've lost Dodd and Leckie (and Slory, unless he really HAS signed for us), so depending on if Rini wants the same formation as last year or not, we may need some decent forwards.
leeds4eva
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby leeds4eva Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

How about Adelaide born CB, Ryan McGowan?

Given that his contract is up at the end of this month with Hearts, we should be able to get him for free.. B)
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
RedsFan31
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We are the Army

Postby RedsFan31 Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Ryan McGowan would be a great signing in my opinion. He has tremendous potential and spent time as a central midfielder during his time in Hearts youth setup so he has that ball playing ability as a CB, As well as being born in Adelaide! Im not sure how we would go coaxing he or his younger brother Dylan back but both would certainly be worth looking at
We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought. - Sir Bobby Robson
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Surely playing for hearts is no greater standard then the A-league.

This is where the A-league needs to get these guys home who are not in big clubs overseas but can add alot here

Would not suprise me if rini hasnt already looked into it as he has expressed the need to local players

Cant really say ive ever seen him play thought so i dont know if he is any good
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
RedsFan31
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We are the Army

Postby RedsFan31 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

I agree we should do all we can to get these guys back playing at home however i do think that the better SPL clubs are still a small step ahead of the A-League (A big step in Celtic & Rangers case). It is hard to compare teams and leagues from other continents in this way though.

I think players like the McGowans and Rocky Visconte who spent time there as youngsters would have been better off in terms of development as opposed to being in Australia. Now that they are older and have yet to cement their spot in the senior side (both the McGowans are currently on loan) we should be looking to bring them back.

I'm sure Rini has already cast his eye over them and is well aware of them given they have featured at youth international level for Australia
We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought. - Sir Bobby Robson
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 pm

I think if any experienced CB crosses our path ATM we should look at signing them, as there are not to many going around in australia currently
Osama Malik is not a CB, not in any side wanting to win games anyway.
dickens cider
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Daniel Mullen

Postby dickens cider Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 am

Ryan McGowan would be a fantastic signing. Young, local, talented kid who has been starved on game time. When he first arrived at Hearts he was on the first-team bench regularly and played against Barcelona in a friendly, since the new coach came in early last year (Jeffries?) he hasn't got a sniff, so he would jump at the chance of first team football, especially in his home time.

He was an outstanding junior, also in the train-on squad with the Socceroos for the Germany match.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am

Ryan McGowan would be a fantastic signing. Young, local, talented kid who has been starved on game time. When he first arrived at Hearts he was on the first-team bench regularly and played against Barcelona in a friendly, since the new coach came in early last year (Jeffries?) he hasn't got a sniff, so he would jump at the chance of first team football, especially in his home time.

He was an outstanding junior, also in the train-on squad with the Socceroos for the Germany match.
Maybe coming home may be a plus for him. It seems bigger leagues are looking to the Aleague for defenders, theres talk in the advertiser big Sasa could goto Juve!!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 am

I've heard Ryan has been playing a bit more these days so maybe Dylan might be a more likely option
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am

^^Ryan is playing, but out on loan to second division clubs. Not that that's necessarily any indication - Paartalu's been playing with some pretty unfashionable clubs in Scotland and he's shown to be a terrific acquisition.
#WeAreUnited
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:46 am

He's a really poor CB, ball playing or otherwise. Holding/wide midfielder or nothing.

Bodrusic was also a really poor decision. Actually, he was pathetic. There, I said it. We made an awful decision by not playing Cornthwaite at the back for the remainder of the season. It should have been Dario as the back up.
derbyfan

Postby derbyfan Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 pm

He's a really poor CB, ball playing or otherwise. Holding/wide midfielder or nothing.

Bodrusic was also a really poor decision. Actually, he was pathetic. There, I said it. We made an awful decision by not playing Cornthwaite at the back for the remainder of the season. It should have been Dario as the back up.
Christ almighty, finally a voice of reason.

We should have been playing Leckie and Cornthwaite as starting players.
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 am

In tiser says cristiano wants to come back.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”