Cassio

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Cassio

Postby lufcmike Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 pm

No tears from me if Cassio leaves.
I reckon he would struggle to keep his place under the new coach and would not fair well in the youth league, magoos or whatever
He plays one good game in 10 (if we're lucky)
Has a penchant for the sulks, is slow and has only one foot.
Only seems to score in trial games and has lived on that Beckhamesque free kick of his in the first season.

Not my favourite AU player
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

What about this lufcmike?

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Half agree with mike, there's been a few times this season I'd rather of seen Golec at LB
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

cassio is the barometer of the whole squad.

Anytime there is unrest, or some players attitudes are off the boil you can see it bothers cassio the most and it effects his game immensely.

Think back to the vidmar days. When cassio is happy the whole squad is firing. When cassio is storming out of training sessions or speaking out against something its the 1st sign something is up.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Anytime there is unrest, or some players attitudes are off the boil you can see it bothers cassio the most and it effects his game immensely.

Think back to the vidmar days. When cassio is happy the whole squad is firing. When cassio is storming out of training sessions or speaking out against something its the 1st sign something is up.

Is he the effect or the cause?
I wonder :?:
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Is he the effect or the cause?
I wonder :?:
Fair point, but i think its unfair to speculate about that sort of thing from the outside looking in....though as fans we have no choice really
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm

God, I love Cassio.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 am

Cassio's positive influence on the playing group should not be under estimated, especially on any South American/Spanish/Portuguese players who come to the club.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

Based on form, he has really fallen off the pace. But is this because of all the BS that has been going on behind the scenes or due to age???
In any case, Cassio has earned my respect as a true AU legend, but at 33 maybe he does not have 2 more good years in him but I would be happy to have him as a squaddie or impact player.

Nothing surprises me at AU anymore.....
Personally I feel he hasn't yet fallen off pace but he isn't far away. IMO if I was the club I probably would have only offered him a one year deal.
But personally I would really want someone of Cassio's passion to stick round the club afterwards. I think the more we have guys like him walking to hallways the less BS politics we are going to hear about.
and what if the club only offered him a 1 year deal and he walked? it would have been a repeat of Dodd. are you telling me if this happened there wouldn't have been an uproar from the fans? imho the club did the right thing here by giving him a 2 year deal.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

It's a tricky one.

He's a club legend, one of the league's best LB in his day, top bloke, loves the club, is a big reason Chelo and Jerry are happy here... The list goes on.

But I agree with most that he is slowing down a bit. He has put in a few MotM performances this year but his best years seem behind him. Golec IMO is a better option.

It's the age old question of whether you repay veterans for their years of fantastic service or you treat them like any other player and move them on when they aren't up to scratch.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Purely just the maintain whats left of the fans identity and connection with the club he needs to not play for another aleague club
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:41 pm

i guess i will have to make a new account then.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I hope he can be transitioned to a different role in the football department. Frankly if we can retain him just to mentor our imports then it will be money well spent. He is also very good with the juniors.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

I hope he can be transitioned to a different role in the football department. Frankly if we can retain him just to mentor our imports then it will be money well spent. He is also very good with the juniors.
That's what I hope as well. I wonder if it is possible to have him as almost a playing assistant coach by the end of the 14/15 season? He is too important and too much of a club icon to be able to walk IMO. But you can't play him forever otherwise we'll have another case of the Socceroos on our hands.
Time to Djbate!
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:38 am

i also would love to see him stay on at the club when his playing days are over. and like it has been previously said, he is great with all the imports. maybe create a role for him? foreign player liaison officer. make it his duty to ensure all future foreign players settle in adelaide (assuming most of the foreigners will be from South America)

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”