Where to from here?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Where to from here?

Postby EdDog Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:16 am

What is the club going to do now, once the dust from you know who has settled.

We still have a very promising outlook for the next season as well as the ACL.

Do we sit on the Mullen transfer fee or do we blow it on another player. We clearly do have money in the cap.

Only time will tell.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Where to from here?

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 am

He who must not be named... lol
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:32 am

We still have a very promising outlook for the next season as well as the ACL.

Do we sit on the Mullen transfer fee or do we blow it on another player. We clearly do have money in the cap.

Only time will tell.
Im fairly certain we will sign a quality am, the club needs to save face and we have mney in the cap

This will just be another moment that will shape our fan culture and attitude
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 am

Club doesn't need to save face. The club was extremely open about what was going on, the unfortunate truth was that Flores didn't really love Adelaide more than he loves a dumptruck full of Melbourne Victory's filthy lucre. And now that's clear. Adelaide just simply couldn't afford to match the offer, and now I'm thinking that even if we could we probably shouldn't.

So, onward and upwards, we have a great squad and room for a couple more. I think we're looking pretty good defensively, but as per last season we could do with a winger, an attacking mid (Vidosic playing centrally again would be nice) and a nippy striker in the Burns mould that could play off Serg / Bruce. Thanks Santa.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 am

time to get behind the club , its a bummer to loose flores but im not about to start surporting the victory, we are the under dogs and thats always good to be, will get down the marsh and shout for the reds
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 am

I have to say, I'm feeling pretty disallusioned with it all at the moment. Was it Marcos' fault, was it the club's fault etc. One thing is for sure it wasn't the fans' fault so why are we the ones who suffer? Why do our hearts get broken?

I understand that's there's little loyalty in football. Players have x years to make some money in probably the only field they have any skills before having to go off and find something else to do, but how many fucking clubs are there in the world? Why go to that club and break our hearts?

I guess I'm so disallusioned about the game at the moment because Marcos was different to all the others. Turns out he wasn't.

Sorry to sound so dramatic but I really feel like I've been personally betrayed and it sucks.

Where to from here? No idea for me. I'm going to try and stop caring so much about football that's for sure.
#WeAreUnited
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am

Chin up son, this is what makes football great. It's like a soap opera, Flores has gone from hero to villain... but we'll move on, sign the next "Flores" and all will be forgotten.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

It all starts with Coolen. It was he who disrespected the one who shall remain nameless. In Rini I blame!
all seriousness though. i think flores played us all brilliantly. he is dead to this club. i cant wait for when he steps onto hindmarsh in a victory shirt.
imagine all the bandwagoners that will come just to boo him!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I think some people forget that we haven't actually LOST anything, we just failed to secure a certain player's services. The team is no worse off than when he jumped on the plane to China last year.

The only thing that has changed is that we now know that Flores is a money hungry fraud.

We still have 21 contracted players who are putting up one hell of a fight in the ACL and we have money to burn on a new player.

I'd encourage supporters to stick it out as, from experience, the bad times make the good soooo much sweeter.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

You know what? Who cares?

Did we win a GF with Flores? No.

We have a young list that is eager to make a name for itself and we are in the ACL quarters. Fuck Flores! Who cares!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Where to from here? How about we win the ACL and show the traitorous fucker what he missed out on.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:12 pm

As Ganas pointed out it all started with Coolen and his massive clear out.
But now we have closure.

Time to look forward to the ACL and the new season!

All together for United!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Do we sit on the Mullen transfer fee or do we blow it on another player.
Was thinking about this, with the current squad there really isn't anywhere that we are really exposed. Someone who can make creative passes to play in our wingers would enhance the squad but I believe we can do without. There's currently 2 spots left we could fill. I don't think we'd suffer too much by using the rest of the cap for one player and a squad of 22. Thoughts?
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Where to, well I just hope amateur hour at club management has ended. Biggest mistake in club history is the Coolen debacle. First signing for 4 years, then allowing him to fuck off everyone we loved and then sacking him. Big Big mistakes, legacy of which lingers to this day.
They need to get a cracking foreigner so we all have something to get excited about and can forget about that fradulant wanker who "loves Adelaide"
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 am

Yep, should have kept Viddie all along... 8)

As for the squad...

Our back line is fine I reckon, with 3 solid CBs (McKain/Boogs/Fyfe), Cassio and his backup Golec, and Bowles/Watson as RB options. Malik and Pancho to screen the defence, Melling/Caravella/Barbiero as general purpose midfielders..

A lot depends on whether Vidosic is primarily seen as a winger or as a central playmaker. Personally I think we need his class and vision in a central position (Barker-Daish as his understudy?). With Serg or Djite as the big target man and only Ramsay as a genuine winger, I think what we really need is a nimble forward that can play wide or a second striker. Someone like a Nathan Burns, Leckie, Dodd... Teeboy could be this guy in future but it's a big ask for a 16 year old.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”