We're through!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Cassio!!
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: We're through!

Postby Cassio!! Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 pm

not a whinger just a realist,and before you say im a fairweather or bandwagoner ive been there since day 1 payed up season ticketholder ok so dont label me cause i have an opinion you dont agree with.to be honest i would rather play like bris and win the a-league and have an average acl.lets face it we will never win this comp.but people in aust only know who wins the a-league and unfort i hate to say the club has made some piss poor decisions even dating back to kossies first stint cause of his ego with mori,we would of won the league in year 1 with mori and what do we do now we go back to kossie cause he writes a colum in a paper,so wow he must be a great coach when we didnt even look past him for next year.thats what pisses me off.
:?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

not a whinger just a realist,and before you say im a fairweather or bandwagoner ive been there since day 1 payed up season ticketholder ok so dont label me cause i have an opinion you dont agree with.to be honest i would rather play like bris and win the a-league and have an average acl.lets face it we will never win this comp.but people in aust only know who wins the a-league and unfort i hate to say the club has made some piss poor decisions even dating back to kossies first stint cause of his ego with mori,we would HAVE won the league in year 1 with mori and what do we do now we go back to kossie cause he writes a colum in a paper,so wow he must be a great coach when we didnt even look past him for next year.thats what pisses me off.
:?
fixed
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed May 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Ya! hoo!

More football!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Exciting stuff, would hate to win in a fortnight then play the mariners in a month. For some reason they seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us, would rather play an eastern Asia team who are too short to defend set pieces. :lol:

Can't we all just get along?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 am

Not only that bpowell, but I'd rather see another Aussie team through to the latter stages of the comp. Don't want to knock our own out.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

Great to be through to the knockout rounds.... again! Wish we could have shown a bit more endeavour in the second half though, it was frustrating watching us take the foot off and go for the 0-0 draw when I'm sure there was a goal in there for the Reds which would have sured up top spot. Happy with the result and with our general approach to the ACL though.

mr united I get where you're coming from but fair dinkum some fans expect the world - sitting on top of the ACL group and still not happy. You remind me of a mate that I was sitting next to last night, whinging constantly that Adelaide should be playing like Brisbane and constantly attacking with every move - I pointed out that a) you need to have the players to do that without getting opened up like a can of sardines and b) Brisbane are winless at the bottom of their group... A few years ago when we made the final, we were playing essentially the way we are now during the group phase.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu May 03, 2012 10:01 am

Considering we were clearly tiring towards the end of the game and Bunyodkor were all over us I'm not surprised Kossie went for fresh legs in the midfield. Had we not lost Malik so early on though it might have been a different story. van Dijk for Djite would have probably been a fairly redunant change because what good is a fresh striker if your midfield is knackered?

Much better to contain the game and give ourselves a chance to hit them on the break, especially when we didn't actually NEED to score.
#WeAreUnited
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

Which would I prefer? Success or failure? Hard choice my friend, hard choice.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Gotta love the fans....

"we want local youf!"

As soon as things get a little angsty and want to drop the kids like a hot potato.

I have no problem with our style, we actually out played gamba easily a few weeks ago.

Supposedly we fall into the aussie sterotype ie, long balls and overly physical......lets seee . The ball is mostly kept on the ground with minimal long balls and we have very few cards compared to other clubs.

So what if we dont go dutch, im quite happy with the italiano route
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Oh regardless of the outcome there will be an aussie connection in the next round.

Either
-ccm
-josh kennedy
-sasa og
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Why did they not use Serge?!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Why did they not use Serge?!
Would've had no impact and why take off Bruce?

Lets just say serg got subbed in, what would he do that Bruce didn't do. Neither Bruce or Serg are the type of player that get the ball to their feet, sprint and dribble around defenders. These two players are the type to go feed off passes and finish them off.

No passes = no shots = no goals, so why waste a sub on a target man? Better a midfielder to give the striker who is already on the passes to finish them off.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

big deal, will finish second in group now and play away, boring match boring style,cant go far if you cant score goals especially at home.gee adelaide fans have been given a load of crap displays at home this year.
Ironic, don't you think? Your criticising the style we play under kossie yet I recall you saying and I quote ---
id appoint merrick in a heartbeat give him a 2 yr deal and see if he can replicate victorys record

Merrick would have us playing the exact same if not worse than we are now.

Maybe you should start looking at the glass half full instead of looking at it half empty.
mr united

Postby mr united Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

haha we are quick with the memory,ok just answer me this,trivia questions how many grandfinals has merrick won? then answer how many kossie has won? and when you have finished add up the total of trophies won by each and then let me know the answer.i await the answer. :?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu May 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Dude if you love Merrick and MVFC so much go support them. AUFC will not miss you.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”