What we're expecting from Kosi

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

WINDSOR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: What we're expecting from Kosi

Postby WINDSOR Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Gleen elliot mentioned last night about never hiring any player again without seeing them in person "DVD's and plane tickets". Rini was having a crack not rolling out a master plan. It's not rocket science. It failed we have Kossie. We need someone that inspires the players, he is ideal right now. Post ACL new options. But Kossie has a challenge.
Hindmarsh - the worlds greatest stadium without a car park
@windsors
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

There's the risk. What if 'putting a rocket up them' also puts us three years back in tactics and football nous? It could be short term gain for long term pain.

And we must also consider the opposite: what if losing with rini would have been a forward step?
i can't fathom the reasoning behind this attitude. The aim of the game is to win, how can it be a step backward if we are doing so.
Hopefully we won't find out.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 pm

What I'm expecting from Kossie is some cracking press conferences, players getting a bit of crunt back in them, and a big bag of SA pride farken.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:46 pm

One thing that will disapoint me hugely is if Teeboy isn't continued to be given a chance off the bench. Especially if we are missing both SVD & Djite for the SFC game.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 pm

One thing that will disapoint me hugely is if Teeboy isn't continued to be given a chance off the bench. Especially if we are missing both SVD & Djite for the SFC game.
yeah thats what the mariners did with mustaf and ibini, gave the 10mins there 20 hear started them and took them of early generally just blooding them , looks to me t boy is in this catagory. look at the mariners lads now
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Saw Kossie crossing Grenfell St this arvo carrying a suit bag from Peter Shearer.. updating his wardrobe for Thursday night by the look of it :mrgreen:
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Craig foster made a great point on twitter suggesting kossie should be football director.

I would completely support that!! Kossie is someine who is passionate about this club, city, state and to me you need these people at your club, i think director of football is made for kossie, give him a small amount of media time aswell.

To me kossie gets it, by it i mean what all us fans expect and hope for this club in a way only a south aussie can.

But i dont think he should be coaching.

Ange postegcoglu (spelling) not that long ago i would have put in the same group as kossie, but they key difference is ange took his career seriously. He completed coaching badges and begged european clubs like arsenal to let him hang around for a few weeks and ask questions.

Its no coincidence that both ange and arnold are sitting top of the ladder, they took their career seriously and got educated.

Kossie on the other hand did a bit of tv and radio plus an internet show and coached a local league team since he was last in the national league.

To me, adelaide united needs to be one of the more progressive clubs in australia...leading the way introducing new tactics that havnt been seen here yet ( this is what arnold and ange are doing). But imo with kosi even if we start winning its a backward step.

At the end of the season, move kossie into football director role and a young coach with ambitions like paul okon can coach us,

If kosi stays longer well .....and i really hate to say this......its a reflection of our afl owners minimal knowledge of the game IMO

Hang on a minute matey… first off you’re “livid” with his appointment as coach, then you claim that “the game has passed him by”, now you’re putting his name up for “Director of Football”.

I’m confused :?

Or do you mean “Director of Football” should be purely a figurehead type position with no actual power… a bit like the Queen ?

I’m not sure Kossie would go for that to be perfectly honest.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

When i say. " i think the game has passed him by" its clear im talking about coaching, expecting he will be up to the same level as ange and arnold would be nieve.

Coaching and being director of football are 2 different things . Im not sure whats confusing about that?

Incase your not sure what such a role might or might not include.... Heres wiki..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Directing footballs?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 am

NFL is a very different sport to just about anything else. I love watching it.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 am

When i say. " i think the game has passed him by" its clear im talking about coaching, expecting he will be up to the same level as ange and arnold would be nieve.

Coaching and being director of football are 2 different things . Im not sure whats confusing about that?

Incase your not sure what such a role might or might not include.... Heres wiki..
But if the game has passed him by why would you want him directing the club's future?
Have as an assistant with most if his time spent in front of the Kamera!
Time to Djbate!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for the link – most informative.

However it still hasn’t changed my opinion that Kosmina would not be at all comfortable in such a role in any of its various guises described. He strikes me as a hands-on kinda guy who does his best work on the training ground and the dressing room, not in the office or boardroom.

The wiki page lists 4 different variations of the job (including the “figurehead” version that I have already mentioned in my previous post as not being suitable) and they all require either (1) a big dose of people skills and diplomacy, (2) an ability/desire to operate at board room level or (3) a full working knowledge of the latest coaching techniques, or in some cases all three.

I would suggest that Kossie does not possess the first two, at least in the required quantities, and according to you he doesn’t match up in the third area either.

He has been hired as the coach and that’s the only role I would see him being any good at, or for that matter being remotely interested in.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”