Your 2011/12 Formation?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Your 2011/12 Formation?

Postby Old Gregg Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/extr ... 6089260277
ADELAIDE United bos Rini Coolen wants to revolutionise the A-League.
But his chances of it happening will depend on club chiefs and Football Federation Australia.

The Dutchman - an advocate of extending the substitutes' bench to seven players rather than the current four - believes the pending change will herald a new dawn after chief executives discussed the topic last month.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/extr ... 6089260277
ADELAIDE United bos Rini Coolen wants to revolutionise the A-League.
But his chances of it happening will depend on club chiefs and Football Federation Australia.

The Dutchman - an advocate of extending the substitutes' bench to seven players rather than the current four - believes the pending change will herald a new dawn after chief executives discussed the topic last month.
This just makes sense i can understand the travel costs involved but we're talking about giving kids a chance here.
I'd love to see this as well as Greg Griffin's idea of reducing the minimum wage to players based on their age. Maybe they could tie the two into eachother. Allow more players on the bench but 1 or 2 must be under 23 or so. Work out how much adding 3 players to the bench with add to travel costs and reduce that from the 16-19 year olds the club wouldn't have originally signed on a $45,000 a year.
Time to Djbate!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 pm

travel costs
I was curious about this so I did some research. As far as I can see we have 13 away trips this season.

So I looked up flights to the main cities - basically the cheapest on the day two months in advance. I assume due to qantas sponsorship and corporate rates that they would actually be cheaper in reality...

Code: Select all

City Cost # of flights (return) ------------------------- Melbourne 218 3 Sydney 278 4 Brisbane 418 4 Perth 438 1 Wellington 656 1
=$4532 per player per season.
x3 for extra players = $13,596

Accommodation, working on $150 per night per player (twin share?). Guessing each trip they stay 2 nights on avg. So that's 26 nights of accomodation x 3 players = $11,700.

For a grand total of $25,296 per season in travel costs to have an extra 3 players on the bench. Is that really that expensive?

*Note didn't include busses etc. in this figure 'cause I assume there's already room in the bus for more players.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:05 am

travel costs
I was curious about this so I did some research. As far as I can see we have 13 away trips this season.

So I looked up flights to the main cities - basically the cheapest on the day two months in advance. I assume due to qantas sponsorship and corporate rates that they would actually be cheaper in reality...

Code: Select all

City Cost # of flights (return) ------------------------- Melbourne 218 3 Sydney 278 4 Brisbane 418 4 Perth 438 1 Wellington 656 1
=$4532 per player per season.
x3 for extra players = $13,596

Accommodation, working on $150 per night per player (twin share?). Guessing each trip they stay 2 nights on avg. So that's 26 nights of accomodation x 3 players = $11,700.

For a grand total of $25,296 per season in travel costs to have an extra 3 players on the bench. Is that really that expensive?

*Note didn't include busses etc. in this figure 'cause I assume there's already room in the bus for more players.
Considering 4 spots on the bench is clearly holding back teams from blooding youth I reckon it could easily pay for itself. As Rini said AU are 4-0 up against MV why not bring on a kid like Jacob Melling for his debut in a huge match like that. Except for a MV scumbag trying to break his leg it could only be a positive experience.
Then if it turns out he tears it up and scores that's only going to raise his stocks and hopefully in the not too distant future AU sell him on to Barcelona for a nice fee!
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 am

How could a club buy tickets 2 months in advance when they have absolutely no idea who's going to be on the teamsheet?

And no chance they'd be buying non-transferable fares either. They'll be getting fully flexible tickets and getting them much closer to game day...
#WeAreUnited
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am

Doesn't the league have some sort of "official carrier" deal with an airline? That would have to involve special rates for clubs.

Qantas has naming rights to all the national teams, surely that extends to some sort of deal for the league?
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:38 am

How could a club buy tickets 2 months in advance when they have absolutely no idea who's going to be on the teamsheet?

And no chance they'd be buying non-transferable fares either. They'll be getting fully flexible tickets and getting them much closer to game day...
I'm only guessing here. But due to sponsorship and corporate arrangements, maybe they can buy seats without passenger names?

If not, lets say they buy flexi fares so we double the cost of flying that's $27,192 + Accom of $11,700 = $38,892

Still not crazy money. Just increase the price of Yiros' by $1 :D
Zehle
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Francisco Usucar

Postby Zehle Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:53 pm

What I'm think if all happens
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 pm

No Caravella?
Time to Djbate!
Zehle
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Francisco Usucar

Postby Zehle Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:50 pm

No Caravella?
Nah no Caravella. I doubt two foreigners and a marquee (Levchenko, Usucar, Vidosic) would sit on the bench for Caravellla.

I doubt both Levchenko and Madaschi will be signed anyway.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

No Caravella?
Nah no Caravella. I doubt two foreigners and a marquee (Levchenko, Usucar, Vidosic) would sit on the bench for Caravellla.

I doubt both Levchenko and Madaschi will be signed anyway.
I'd rather Madaschi personally he's got a few years on Levchenko
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm

I think we will see many different formations and variations this season.

They have built a squad that is very very flexible. So i think the formation is almost irrelevant.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 am

I think we will see many different formations and variations this season.
This.

But I still can't see (even with my man-love blinkers) Bruce and SVD playing too often together to start a match. I'm still expecting Rini's default lineup with two wingers with Bruce an option off the bench. Bruce will have his chances, but unless a 4-4-2 is the default formation they will be off the bench.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

Interesting that levchenko is being signed as a defender not an am.

With both mckain and levchenko at the back, you would have to assume the days of our cb's hoofing the ball into midfield are overas both those guys would be fairly comfortable on the the ball.

Which means we probably wont be getting a flores replacement, i wouldnt be suprosed to see slory in that number ten role

We could also play with only one dm and two attacking mids

If you remember back to last season flores often played as a second striker off van dijk

So maybe.....

..................vandijk.....................
.............................dkite.............
Vidosic.........caravella.....slory..
..................usucar............
Cassio..levchenko.mckain..delevski

But looking at our line up , we have so many players who are comfortable in many parts of the ptich, it wont suprise me to see us play more like the brisbane or even barca way, where players are constantly moving and rotation into each others positions and space

Brisbane did it with so much success last year, heart tried but they are a young side and were still learning
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

But I still can't see (even with my man-love blinkers) Bruce and SVD playing too often together to start a match. I'm still expecting Rini's default lineup with two wingers with Bruce an option off the bench. Bruce will have his chances, but unless a 4-4-2 is the default formation they will be off the bench.
I tend to agree hammerzeit. I reckon Djite will be brought on to partner SvD when Rini wants to change things up during the course of a match, or else as a straight swap when Serg starts to tire.

Although, I saw a snippet of an interview with Bruce where he reckons he was used in a few different positions in Turkey (or was it China?) and has added a couple more strings to his bow. Maybe he has the ability to play as a genuine winger?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”