AU's Asian Tour

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

AU's Asian Tour

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Greg Griffin is heading to China to meet with sister club Shandong Luneng to 'cement' ties as a sister club.

In a very promising move Mike Rann and Pat Conlon will be joining Griffin in meeting Shandong officials.

AU plan on having a training camp and some training matches v Shandong and Griffin is hopeful they will plan to do the same in the following year.

This sounds so promising! I have been saying this should be happening for ages.

Why wouldn't SA want to gain close relationships with the Chinese and football is a perfect way to meet with Chinese business people.

I rarely say this but well done Randy you've finally woken up to something thats blatently obvious!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: AU's Asian Tour

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 pm

"Puglia gate" take two?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Steelinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

I don't see any relationship between an A-League club and Chinese Super League club working for pre-season games.

The CSL runs right through the A-League off-season without any breaks. Unless they were willing to come here or for us to go there to play mid-week, ACL-esque clashes, it seems a pretty unrealistic prospect.
Same applies for the K-League, which is a shame, because that could prove a great link, with the recent rise in the league's popularity.

J. League sides would be better for that, as they (aside from this season, obviously, due to the disaster) have a break across the middle of the season, in the height of their Summer (where everyone gets too sweaty to play). We could also arrange a deal that we can keep an eye on various young talents in their side, while they can do the same with us (if they ever wanted). Since everyone keeps banging on about Endo, I'm sure nobody would object if we were to have ties with a club who could potentially produce the next one, right?

Alternatively, we announce ties with a North Korean club just to screw with people.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm

hmmmm, an AUFC - V-Varen Nagasaki relationship; interesting :D

Though I always thought a relationship with one of the big Indonesian clubs could bear fruit; or even of the Indonesian national sides. Once the PSSI have ridded themselves of the shadow of Haldid it may present itself as an option.

AUFC vs the Indonesian u23's and our youth side taking on their u20's. Could be good viewing.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't see any relationship between an A-League club and Chinese Super League club working for pre-season games.

The CSL runs right through the A-League off-season without any breaks. Unless they were willing to come here or for us to go there to play mid-week, ACL-esque clashes, it seems a pretty unrealistic prospect.
Same applies for the K-League, which is a shame, because that could prove a great link, with the recent rise in the league's popularity.

J. League sides would be better for that, as they (aside from this season, obviously, due to the disaster) have a break across the middle of the season, in the height of their Summer (where everyone gets too sweaty to play). We could also arrange a deal that we can keep an eye on various young talents in their side, while they can do the same with us (if they ever wanted). Since everyone keeps banging on about Endo, I'm sure nobody would object if we were to have ties with a club who could potentially produce the next one, right?

Alternatively, we announce ties with a North Korean club just to screw with people.
Mid-week games that didn't matter would be great for the younger players that rarely get gametime with the senoir side.
Time to Djbate!
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Whatever happened to our partnership with Miami FC?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:06 pm

They probably realised the players were heading in one direction!

But seriously how go was that move by AU! I really hope we go back down this path!
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

Mid-week games that didn't matter would be great for the younger players that rarely get gametime with the senoir side.
I don't see us really benefitting from sending our senior team over to another country to play against a sister club that's fielding a youth/very weak team.

Likewise, I don't see such a sister club finding it worth their money to send those players here for the same game, when they can just have an internal/friendly match within their own league.

Only benefit would be maybe getting a decent player or two in a trade/cheaper transfer. And we'd have to be really careful about selecting the right club for that one.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 am

I don't see us really benefitting from sending our senior team over to another country to play against a sister club that's fielding a youth/very weak team.

Likewise, I don't see such a sister club finding it worth their money to send those players here for the same game, when they can just have an internal/friendly match within their own league.

Only benefit would be maybe getting a decent player or two in a trade/cheaper transfer. And we'd have to be really careful about selecting the right club for that one.
Maybe if it was in one of the club's off-season like how AU is heading over there.
If Shangdong came here during the the A-league season i think it could work well.
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 am

Perhaps if we had a bye in whatever week they came (which isn't really possible, now, going back to a 10-team league), but with a squad of only 23, we can't really have friendlies in the middle of our season without risking some serious fatigue.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:41 am

Perhaps if we had a bye in whatever week they came (which isn't really possible, now, going back to a 10-team league), but with a squad of only 23, we can't really have friendlies in the middle of our season without risking some serious fatigue.
Thats why it would be great because a few youth league players could step up for these friendlies.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”