Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory @Adelaide Oval

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Brades36
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: adelaide born

Re: Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory @Adelaide Oval

Postby Brades36 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

does anyone know where the victory supporters are drinking at before the game? could be interesting if the 2 pubs are close to each other. im very excited for this game and will be getting to the pub nice and early. i see on fb that 600+ will be coming to the pub. top work who ever planned the function.
Shane

Postby Shane Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 pm

does anyone know where the victory supporters are drinking at before the game? could be interesting if the 2 pubs are close to each other. im very excited for this game and will be getting to the pub nice and early. i see on fb that 600+ will be coming to the pub. top work who ever planned the function.
Victory supporters will reportedly be at The Duke pub. Adelaide United and SAPOL have already been advised of our intentions to march so we should be good to go.

Look forward to seeing you there

8)
Shano. Red to the core.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:28 pm

yeah top job on letting sapol know what the plans are should keep alot of the trouble makers away
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm

what time does the march leave exactly? getting as many friends along that are interested. and what time does the function at the Elephant kick off?

having a big one!
Shane

Postby Shane Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 am

what time does the march leave exactly? getting as many friends along that are interested. and what time does the function at the Elephant kick off?

having a big one!
Top stuff mate!

I think people will be at The Elephant from 4pm onwards.

We'll depart at 6pm :)
Shano. Red to the core.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 am

How many members have used their 4 free ticket allocation for this game? I know I have, my boys wanted to see this game since the fixture came out.
Lets hope that the Roar, in front of a big home crowd at Suncorp and being prented as the Champions plate can do the business on GC.
If GC lose or draw with the Roar we will have to make sure that at worst we don't lose by any more than 1 goal to remain 3rd.
Lets hope the players heads are in the right place this week and our previous record and our last win against MV is a spur.
The last 1 day cricket match at AO was a return to te seventies, will this game be the same with flares making a comeback.
We have'nt seen a flare at a match in some time, bet they turn up on Friday though.
Seriously apart from the teams performance crowd behaviour could be a real issue, lots of free tickets, those F wits from the eastern suburbs that turn up for games at AO (same ones that turn up for Centrals games at AO and Norwood looking for agro)
and with the combustable mixture of travelling MV fans could be a problem.

PS what this rubbish about a cup for this game the Kosmina/ Muscat trophy, if so what a disgrace setting a rivally based one of the darkest moments in our short history and linking with the worst THUG the game has ever seen. Total and utter bad taste and a disgrace to AU fans
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 am

I don't mind the award for B.O.G. It makes sense to me.
As of the friday night shout i read that 700 people have applied for it which is the maximum so that would allow 2800 extra people.

I to am worried what the crowd behavior will be like i really hope things don't get out of hand. There is alot of grassed area for fights to occur.

I'm really interested to see how the crowds compare to the AFL that just happens to be on the same night.

I hear around 14,000 tickets have been sold of this match i'm not sure if that includes members i hope not. And around 10,000 have been sold for the AFL.

I just can't help but hope we get 30,000 and we get up in a tight one and everyone goes off (legally) and we convert loads of people for next season.

C'mon AU fans this is our moment!
Time to Djbate!
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 am

In regard to a best on ground award: I agree completely, it's a joke.

This is first real sign that we're seeing of being run by AFL people. Best on ground awards are not a part of our football culture. Here's an idea: call it "Man of the Match" and shove your fabricated attempt at rivalry up your arse.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:33 am

Is anyone else going to find it hard to get to the game before the 7pm kick off?

Remembering driving into the city in peak hour and finding a park in the city will take double time as hindmarsh
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm

It's 7.30pm kick off.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't have a problem with the medal for MoM, don't get your knickers in a twist about it - the rivalry is not pre fabricated as you are well aware. Wanting to tap into that as a way of pushing the players to strive harder on the day is a good thing IMO, that image of Muscat having his throat grabbed by Kossie is imprinted in my brain and one of the things that I think of every time I think about MVFC.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Shane

Postby Shane Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:21 pm

I'd have to disagree. I *really* cannot stand having Kevin Muscats name associated to ANYTHING that is Adelaide United, especially in a positive manner.

Kevin Muscat has not had the most positive career in any sense. He may have played abroad and played for the national team, but he's a thug, a mug and shouldn't be associated to any medal or trophy that has Adelaide United linked to it.

Kosmina, perhaps, he did fairly good things for our club whilst he was at the helm.

HOWEVER, the most important thing is this;

We do not NEED or WANT a medal between this famous rivalry. Keep it a rivalry and leave it at that.

All we have heard from Adelaide supporters is that they do not want to be associated to it.

It's an attempt by the club to create some sort of "historic trophy" which in years to come they hope will be like the ashes. It's pathetic and makes me squirm.

No thanks.
Shano. Red to the core.
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Very well said Shane. Its nothing more than an attempt to "Formally" recognise a rivalry.

It honestly seems to me that AFL people can't understand that there's a big difference between a football rivalry and whatever it is they have...

Fact is: I HATE Melbourne Victory and their supporters. I actually HATE them. Club, man, woman or child; they all make me sick to my stomach. That's a real rivalry. An absolute discontent for ones opposition. We don't need some medal to embody that or a yearly tradition of playing them at Adelaide Oval.

Any player that needs something more than their fan's hatred to dig as deep as they can shouldn't be playing for my club.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Agree with you both. Muscat is the ultimate enemy of this club (and any right-thinking human being).

I want nothing to do with this medal.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 pm

id rather see the 3 games we play against them be considered an unofficial best of 3 series for a certain trophy or something, every yeah can be looked back at who had the dominance over the other this way.

No man of the match though thanks

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”