Dodd to Perth?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Max Power
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Re: Dodd to Perth?

Postby Max Power Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Club legend for sure, I think it is a Costanzo type situation, it will be strange to see him wearing a rivals kit if he goes elsewhere.

I think David is right the league is starting to develop to a higher skill level and Trav has lost a yard of pace..
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 pm

A winger with no pace but can cross a ball and pass > a winger with pace but can't cross a ball or pass
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 pm

If you think about other Aussie marquees in the A-league, Euge makes the Socceroos squad as much as the rest (Sterjovski doesn't make it at all)

i think Euge could easily qualify as an Aussie marquee which should free up at least $200,000 in the cap.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

would just not be the same if the spawning salmon signed for another A-League club.. i hope the club does all it can to retain him. hopefully it's all just talk.. angling for a better deal, and all that. the body might be getting a bit battered & frayed round the edges but he's only 31 or something right? too valuable a player to lose. best winger over the a-league's history, undoubtedly, and the club's longest serving player.. i'd like to think that even if perth can offer him more money, aufc can give him a pathway once he's hung up the boots.. absolute legend and the club needs to support him into his dotage!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the club offered him a pay as you play contract kind of like Michael Owen has at Man U
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am

surely that kind of contract is too much of a risk for Dodd. Owen would have the cash to be able to live off if he didn't play, as well as sponsorships and appearances etc. Dodd would need a steady income you'd think wouldn't ya?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah. I notice he's not at training!
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am

oh shit... did u check the kiosk?? :s

i so don't want this news to be true! can't think of the last time i was this devistated by a player leaving, if ever.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am

kiosk! Are you refering to pies?
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:29 am

According to today's Tiser Rini states that Trav has rejected two offers from the club - and they have not tried to offer him a lesser deal than what he's already on.

I can't imagine that he would be on peanuts here, especially as club captain, but if other clubs throw more $$ at him and he wants to build up his bank account before he retires he wouldn't be the first footballer to do so. Maybe he just wants more game time than what he's likely to get here.

Nevertheless I would be absolutely gutted if he left the club - he is one of very few genuine Reds legends and deserves a fucking bronze statue in front of Hindmarsh.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Shane

Postby Shane Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Trav's every intention is to stay with Adelaide United. He expressed that in the exclusive interview We Are The Reds had with him a week or so ago.

Would hate to see him go, a true club man at heart and he has still managed to put the ball in the back of the net, create chances and is a solid contributor to our squad.

To quote;

“They've indicated that they want to sign me, so it's all positive, the new owners want me to remain at the club,” he said. “There are good signs, it's just a matter of nutting out the finer details.

“I'm an Adelaide boy, I've got the honour and privilege to lead the club, so I'd love to see out my career here.

“That would potentially take me to ten years at the one club, that would be a massive honour and I'd love for that to happen.”
Shano. Red to the core.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Trav's every intention is to stay with Adelaide United. He expressed that in the exclusive interview We Are The Reds had with him a week or so ago.

Would hate to see him go, a true club man at heart and he has still managed to put the ball in the back of the net, create chances and is a solid contributor to our squad.

To quote;

“They've indicated that they want to sign me, so it's all positive, the new owners want me to remain at the club,” he said. “There are good signs, it's just a matter of nutting out the finer details.

“I'm an Adelaide boy, I've got the honour and privilege to lead the club, so I'd love to see out my career here.

“That would potentially take me to ten years at the one club, that would be a massive honour and I'd love for that to happen.”

Not to shoot down this interview. Massive respect to this site for getting it, but I doubt he would come out and say anything different.

I'm sure he does have a strong desire to stay with us but I'm sure he loves his family more, so taking a large pay cut to stay may not be an option for him.

Why doesn't Rob Gerard give him a job on the side at Clipsal! Travis Dodd the new face of Clipsal or Griffin Lawyers?!
Time to Djbate!
Shane

Postby Shane Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Of course he won't say anything different - However, he has outright said he loves the club, this city and he wants to see out his career here. Cassio said the same thing and signed a 3 year deal, so hopefully Travis and the club can come to some sort of agreement and do the same.

He's been a great squad player for us so it'd be in our best interests in my opinion.

Fyfe, on the other hand, is chasing the money no doubt.
Shano. Red to the core.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Well I do recall one Mr Dodd saying after an ACL match when a reporter mentioned Urawa Reds were interested in signing him the he would love to play in Japan. I think his comments were mostly about playing a higher standard I'm sure a higher tax bracket may have came into his mind as well.

I think the same can be said for Fyfe its probably mostly about playing a higher standard which I think the K-league is but I'm sure the money helps. Especially if he is earning Sasa's kind of money! You would need you're head checked if you didn't!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

i wonder what the road block is .

Maybe the club is only offering a 1 year contract?

Or possibly dodd wants a clause that if he isnt in the starting 11 a certain amount of time he is free to find another club?

Maybe its just smoke and mirrors?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”