Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby The Claw Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:01 am

From the forum this week, club apparently pocketed 1.4 million for Goody, sees Tunnicliffe as a squaddie as opposed to starter. Sounds unlikely we will see any more signings as the faith is all in the kids.
In other words, owners are tight, pocketed the goody fee and don’t really care by the sounds of it.

Good luck if we get a few injuries to blokes like a Kitto, Isa, Hiro or Halloren. It seems like a big shift from the days of top 4 being the aim.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:50 am

From the forum this week, club apparently pocketed 1.4 million for Goody, sees Tunnicliffe as a squaddie as opposed to starter. Sounds unlikely we will see any more signings as the faith is all in the kids.
In other words, owners are tight, pocketed the goody fee and don’t really care by the sounds of it.

Good luck if we get a few injuries to blokes like a Kitto, Isa, Hiro or Halloren. It seems like a big shift from the days of top 4 being the aim.
I think you’re spot on re the top 4 comment. I feel like the plan is now aiming for top 6, built on our youngsters improving year on year.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Zach Clough

Postby sub007 Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:34 am

Carl said in his presser yesterday that they are looking for an experienced attacker so they obviously are looking at replacing Goodwin.

If we get that attacker, I think the squad is in good shape and finals should be the aim once again.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:10 pm

Tunnicliffe more as a squaddie? Bizarre.

I know they have big plans for Yull and Barnett so hopefully he can push them to perform at their best.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Not sure which forum we're referring to but the one I've been invited to is on October 5
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:54 pm

Carl said in his presser yesterday that they are looking for an experienced attacker so they obviously are looking at replacing Goodwin.

If we get that attacker, I think the squad is in good shape and finals should be the aim once again.
But typically, we're leaving it to the last minute. I know we've managed it before but it'd be nice for that new player to be here and meshing with the squad already.... and yes, I know that Goodwin didn't leave all that long ago. Just another screw up by management. On the other hand, we've survived this sort of thing before.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:51 am

There was an AU forum last week, an all club one next week.
Spot on, Yull seen as the big hope. Personally feel it’s a stretch, has managed 2-3 games a season and had some big injuries. Biggest issue is a couple of key injuries and we are basically all kids.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:10 pm

My mates 9 year old kid reckons Eden Hazard might be AU’s new left winger.
Now if that occurred on a free, what would the general consensus be from the AU fan base who have been going spare at the club recently?…
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:30 pm

Now if that occurred on a free, what would the general consensus be from the AU fan base who have been going spare at the club recently?…
Fantastic …. if he could stay fit. Missed 20 days injured last season and 120 days the season before.
I’d just hope he didn’t think he was coming for a holiday.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:35 pm

And u don’t think the club deserves all the crap it is getting , one overrated player comes in so far and a broken down has been maybe coming in .
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:01 pm

And u don’t think the club deserves all the crap it is getting , one overrated player comes in so far and a broken down has been maybe coming in .
No.
Not sure you can judge if a new player is being overrated or underrated before we see them play.
Maybe a 32 year old Real Madrid reject might still be good enough for the A-league?
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:13 am

Hes got to get on the park and stay on the park , which he has failed to do of late
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:39 am

I highly doubt it would ever happen but I would be open to the idea if he’s doesn’t demand massive wages.

Give him a 1 year deal with performance related triggers for a contract extension.
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:40 am

But typically, we're leaving it to the last minute. I know we've managed it before but it'd be nice for that new player to be here and meshing with the squad already.... and yes, I know that Goodwin didn't leave all that long ago. Just another screw up by management. On the other hand, we've survived this sort of thing before.
I mean Goodwin unexpectedly left at the last minute so how can the club possibly bring in someone earlier?
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:07 pm

I'm a bit worried how we're down to the level where we are discussing at length a rumour sourced from a 9 year old.

Ye Gods, are we that desperate fellas !!??

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”