Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Old Gregg Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm

Yeah I gotta agree, booing your own team is extremely poor form. you see the fans of big PL clubs do it, yes, but that's because they're miserable entitled sadcases who aren't happy unless their team is winning 5 nil.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:30 pm

Seeming we're talking about strikers, has Mo Toure been training at least? Covid must have hit him harder than the others (in the team) that have contracted it so far. Hope he's ok.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:16 pm

Seeming we're talking about strikers, has Mo Toure been training at least? Covid must have hit him harder than the others (in the team) that have contracted it so far. Hope he's ok.
Carl did say that Mo has been struggling with it since he’s come back.

Jake and Yaya are waiting on approval from the doctors IIRC.

As for Kasumovic, what was the point in signing him if Carl’s gonna play a 15 year old kid ahead of him.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Crowd starting to boo Blackwood... prove them wrong and gives us the shush then mate
Hahahaha we got the finger wag instead of the shush
It’s poor form giving our own player stick at Hindmarsh.
Moan about him here if you want, but get behind him on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As a paying spectator you're entitled to boo whoever you want, as long as it doesn't cross the line to racial/homophobia.

Blackwood has been poor whenever he's been on the pitch, but that's partly because he's not a striker
I am sure the club would prefer it’s supporters were better than that. How is booing our own players helping in any way? Sure you can boo, but you’re not a supporter if you do.

Booing your own team doesn't make you any less a supporter.

It happens all over the world, look at Everton overnight as a example- especially with a fan running on the pitch to confront benitez.

Blackwood trys hard, but he hasn't got it - he's never had it.

I'm not going to clap or support a player who can't control a simple pass or get on the end of a cross that he is expected to. - that's setting the precident of rewarding mediocracy, why would anyone wanna support that for?

He trains twice a day and earns 6 figures a year, controlling a ball he should be able to do with his eyes closed

The ricocheted goal and shirt pull in thr box doesn't paper over how ineffective and inadequate he's been whenever he's been on the park

The groans and boos were loud last night at him, I watched the replay after I got home from the match and they could be heard on TV as well.

Cavallo and d'arrigo both have lost their spots because they've been terrible this year, now that Hiroshis here, hopefully we don't see much more of Blackwood

Next player to be dropped shoukd be tratt. Too error prone and terrible passing - time to give Barr a go as the right side centreback
We disagree then. To me, booing your own player makes you less of a supporter. Perhaps we could ask Carl, Ross, Bruce, Isaias etc if they enjoy hearing boos.

It reflects poorly on those who boo.

One day you will boo Toure, Irankunda, or Yengi - see where that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is where people misconstrue and twist things though

Cavallo is the best case of this example he was bood in melbourne due to his sexuality, if he is being booed in adelaide that's because he's playing terribly - his sexuality or the fact he likes ford over Holden has nothing to do with why i would boo him - its strictly performance related

Which let's face it, he has been the worst player by a long way this this season (yes I know he's being played out of position etc). Kitto in 1 match eclipsed everything cavallo haa done this season.

I've got no issue booing cavallo, people need to realise that I'm booing him not for his sexuality, but how dismal he has been this season on the field

You heard the mutliple groans from the crowd when Nestor was taking 3 people on and not passing

That has nothing to do with his skin colour, there were groans due to his poor decision making - yes he's a kid etc and still learning etc.

But do you see the point I'm trying to make? People need to stop making mountains out of mole Hills when it comes to this sort of stuff and booing players

You cant put 2 and 3 togeher and get 44 and assume it's do with sexuality or racial
Last edited by AndyJebiga on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AndyJebiga

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Carl did say that Mo has been struggling with it since he’s come back.

Jake and Yaya are waiting on approval from the doctors IIRC.

As for Kasumovic, what was the point in signing him if Carl’s gonna play a 15 year old kid ahead of him.
Kasumovic is a striker not a winger like Nestor
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 pm

Kasumovic is a striker not a winger like Nestor
With Bernardo and Nestor, opposing left-backs are getting jittery.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 pm

Highlights.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am

Crowd starting to boo Blackwood... prove them wrong and gives us the shush then mate

As a paying spectator you're entitled to boo whoever you want, as long as it doesn't cross the line to racial/homophobia.

Blackwood has been poor whenever he's been on the pitch, but that's partly because he's not a striker
I am sure the club would prefer it’s supporters were better than that. How is booing our own players helping in any way? Sure you can boo, but you’re not a supporter if you do.

It happens all over the world, look at Everton overnight as a example- especially with a fan running on the pitch to confront benitez.

I'm not going to clap or support a player who can't control a simple pass or get on the end of a cross that he is expected to. - that's setting the precident of rewarding mediocracy, why would anyone wanna support that for?

He trains twice a day and earns 6 figures a year, controlling a ball he should be able to do with his eyes closed

The ricocheted goal and shirt pull in thr box doesn't paper over how ineffective and inadequate he's been whenever he's been on the park

The groans and boos were loud last night at him, I watched the replay after I got home from the match and they could be heard on TV as well.

Cavallo and d'arrigo both have lost their spots because they've been terrible this year, now that Hiroshis here, hopefully we don't see much more of Blackwood

Next player to be dropped shoukd be tratt. Too error prone and terrible passing - time to give Barr a go as the right side centreback
We disagree then. To me, booing your own player makes you less of a supporter. Perhaps we could ask Carl, Ross, Bruce, Isaias etc if they enjoy hearing boos.

Cavallo is the best case of this example he was bood in melbourne due to his sexuality, if he is being booed in adelaide that's because he's playing terribly - his sexuality or the fact he likes ford over Holden has nothing to do with why i would boo him - its strictly performance related

Which let's face it, he has been the worst player by a long way this this season (yes I know he's being played out of position etc). Kitto in 1 match eclipsed everything cavallo haa done this season.

I've got no issue booing cavallo, people need to realise that I'm booing him not for his sexuality, but how dismal he has been this season on the field

You heard the mutliple groans from the crowd when Nestor was taking 3 people on and not passing

That has nothing to do with his skin colour, there were groans due to his poor decision making - yes he's a kid etc and still learning etc.

But do you see the point I'm trying to make? People need to stop making mountains out of mole Hills when it comes to this sort of stuff and booing players

You cant put 2 and 3 togeher and get 44 and assume it's do with sexuality or racial
Geez this reeks a bit of "I'm not racist but...."
You're the only one bring those two things together here.... No one is saying this is an Adam Goodes scenario.
Personally if you need to go into this much detail explaining certain choices you're making then that probably highlights that they are questionable. Obviously everyone is different but personally if I'm doing something that someone else finds questionable, I just stop doing it, because showing consideration and compassion for other people is more important than anything.

You're also really talk about two opposites of supporting though. There is a huge amount of things you could do between cheering and booing a player. It doesn't need to be one or the other.
Personally I don't think you're a supporter if you're booing your own players. That's not support. I would actually say a AU fan booing an AU player would have a far more detrimental effect on said player then anything an away fan would yell out on away games.
You can chat with a 10 year old kid playing football and they'll tell you whether they've played well or not. Professional footballers who has been playing the game since they were 5 years old is more than aware of when they are having a poor game, they would also be the first to beat themselves up about a bad performance, professional athletes would have to be the most competitive people on the planet, they want to win and succeed.. They don't need armchair experts eroding the last bits of confidence they have in themselves performing at this level. How do you think a player is going to fair walking on to the pitch knowing the fan base hates them? Some people are able to brush that stuff off, but heaps aren't. Before you say that's all part of the game. Who said that?
There is nothing wrong with being critical of a player's performance. But just booing isn't being critical or offering anything constructive. Its like saying to someone "be better". Its not support and it does nothing be assist oppositions by ensuring the players in your team have rock bottom levels of confidence.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:06 pm

There is a huge amount of things you could do between cheering and booing a player. It doesn't need to be one or the other.
Hahaha, you reminded me of this bunch of frustrated supporters during their team's goal drought.

AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:46 pm

Geez this reeks a bit of "I'm not racist but...."
You're the only one bring those two things together here.... No one is saying this is an Adam Goodes scenario.
Personally if you need to go into this much detail explaining certain choices you're making then that probably highlights that they are questionable. Obviously everyone is different but personally if I'm doing something that someone else finds questionable, I just stop doing it, because showing consideration and compassion for other people is more important than anything.

You're also really talk about two opposites of supporting though. There is a huge amount of things you could do between cheering and booing a player. It doesn't need to be one or the other.
Personally I don't think you're a supporter if you're booing your own players. That's not support. I would actually say a AU fan booing an AU player would have a far more detrimental effect on said player then anything an away fan would yell out on away games.
You can chat with a 10 year old kid playing football and they'll tell you whether they've played well or not. Professional footballers who has been playing the game since they were 5 years old is more than aware of when they are having a poor game, they would also be the first to beat themselves up about a bad performance, professional athletes would have to be the most competitive people on the planet, they want to win and succeed.. They don't need armchair experts eroding the last bits of confidence they have in themselves performing at this level. How do you think a player is going to fair walking on to the pitch knowing the fan base hates them? Some people are able to brush that stuff off, but heaps aren't. Before you say that's all part of the game. Who said that?
There is nothing wrong with being critical of a player's performance. But just booing isn't being critical or offering anything constructive. Its like saying to someone "be better". Its not support and it does nothing be assist oppositions by ensuring the players in your team have rock bottom levels of confidence.
This doesn't reek of anything

Like I said before, people like to twist things online. You can say one thing and another person will alter it - Too many social justice warriors on social media fighting for things they have no need to fight for.

Cavallo, Blackwood, d'arrigo have been awful this season - happy for you to change my mind on this opinion though?

Fotmob stats back me up.

If irakunda keeps taking on 20 guys and not passing he will get plenty of groans and boos - that's not because of his skin colour, that's due to his poor performance.

Same goes for cavallo

Feel free to keep on encouraging players like Blackwood who are on 6 figures a year and cant control a simple 10 yard pass.

I wasnt the only one booing him last match.

There was more booing then applause for Blackwood last week, that says it all

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”