Preview: AUFC v Wellington, Friday 7/5

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Preview: AUFC v Wellington, Friday 7/5

Postby sub007 Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Adelaide United boss Carl Veart has announced his extended squad for the Reds' crucial clash against Wellington Phoenix at Coopers Stadium on Friday night.

The two sides met just a fortnight ago with the ‘Nix prevailing 2-1 after a last-gasp penalty.

Adelaide will be determined to avenge that result and get back on track after three games without a win.

Yaya Dukuly, Yared Abetew and Jonny Yull have all been promoted, while Mohamed Toure is absent serving a one-match suspension.

James Delianov and Noah Smith are close to returning to the A-League squad with the pair playing in last weekend’s National Premier League game against Campbelltown City to regain match sharpness.

Delianov played the full 90 minutes and Smith played 45 minutes.

Javi López’s recovery remains on track and is close to returning to full training in approximately one week following his knee injury.

Michael Jakobsen is still unavailable but will return to full training next week after sustaining a hamstring problem.

Adelaide United squad: 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.George TIMOTHEOU, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 6.Louis D’ARRIGO, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Stefan MAUK (c), 9.Tomi JURIC, 11.Craig GOODWIN, 18.Joe CALETTI, 19.Yaya DUKULY, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Josh CAVALLO, 28. JUANDE, 29.Kusini YENGI, 33.Dakota OCHSENHAM (gk), 34.Yared ABETEW, 35.Al Hassan TOURE, 37.Jonny YULL, 46.Joe GAUCI (gk)
**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 19.Yaya DUKULY (promoted), 34.Yared ABETEW (promoted), 37.Jonny YULL (promoted)
Outs: 17.Mohamed TOURE (suspended)
Unavailable:16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS (knee), 21.Javi LÓPEZ (knee), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (hamstring)

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... on-meeting
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Preview: AUFC v Wellington, Friday 7/5

Postby sub007 Thu May 06, 2021 12:36 pm

Last week showed we need more creativity in midfield and I think Josh Cavallo will provide it so I'd love to see him move into midfield. I'd like to see Marrone play as well but we all know Veart won't give him a run. Not sure why Dukuly is getting a run over Pac but oh well.

Gauci
Strain Elsey Timotheou Kitto
Juande
Mauk Cavallo
Halloran Juric Goodwin

Oschenham, Marrone, Abetew, D'Arrigo, Dukuly, A Toure, Yengi
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Thu May 06, 2021 6:41 pm

We just look stale at the moment and need a refresh.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 pm

Not at all confident. The other teams have learned to bully our midfield off the ball, which dries up the service to the front line. We need someone with a bit of mongrel in the middle of the park; Mauk needs to impose himself in this one and not let the youngsters around him get bullied off the ball. I actually don't mind if he gets sent off for 2 yellows in this match; as long as they are both from him giving back some grief to the Wellingong midfield. He needs to make a statement that D'Arrigo and Cavallo may be young and physically slight, but that he, Mauk, is not - and that he stands beside them as the team's enforcer.

It's time for some good old fashioned Div 2 mongrel, Stefan. Imagine yourself as captaining Milwall in the 1970s; that is what we need from you tomorrow.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu May 06, 2021 10:59 pm

Carl talks to the press.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Wellington, Friday 7/5

Postby EdDog Fri May 07, 2021 7:56 am

Last week showed we need more creativity in midfield and I think Josh Cavallo will provide it so I'd love to see him move into midfield. I'd like to see Marrone play as well but we all know Veart won't give him a run. Not sure why Dukuly is getting a run over Pac but oh well.

Gauci
Strain Elsey Timotheou Kitto
Juande
Mauk Cavallo
Halloran Juric Goodwin

Oschenham, Marrone, Abetew, D'Arrigo, Dukuly, A Toure, Yengi
Agree on all points.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”