Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Rojos Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:45 am

Be surprised if AU aren’t bottom with CCM and jets looking at who has left and who they are looking to sign/ have signed.
Getting an actual LB also seems a low priority despite only having Kitto.
The thought may be that Marrone can pinch at LB if needed (as well as CB and RB!)

I think our central mid area is really strong, defence is ok, up front is ok but relies on inconsistent youth, see us around 6th, not last.

Hit list for me would look something like:
Kamau
Warland
Stametolopolous

Maybe someone experienced on a free like Bozanic, Spiranovic, Mrcela, Jovanovic etc.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:20 am

We both agree that we won’t be challenging for silverware then Rojos with what we have then 🤔
It’s hard to see anyone but SFC or City being 1 and 2 tbh.
I support SA focus and youth as long as it does not mean we are happy to accept mid table mediocrity every season followed by our best young players being sold off and rebuilding, but hard to see how that won’t happen under the current ownership.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:52 pm

We both agree that we won’t be challenging for silverware then Rojos with what we have then 🤔
I support SA focus and youth as long as it does not mean we are happy to accept mid table mediocrity every season followed by our best young players being sold off and rebuilding, but hard to see how that won’t happen under the current ownership.
Agree with this.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:01 pm

We both agree that we won’t be challenging for silverware then Rojos with what we have then
Agree with this.
I guess the knock on effect of that and also the reduced cap/list this season makes memberships or even solo ticket sales an even harder sell for people who aren't rusted on fans. Will they pay the same price as last year to see youth and NPL players bar a few contracted senior players? not without results you wouldn't think!
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Any idea how much the Club has made with the recent siphoning off of talent? I want to support the club by buying my 14th annual membership but may be reluctant to part with more than$200 to do so with this season’s squad. Problem is, I’ve been spoilt.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 pm

We both agree that we won’t be challenging for silverware then Rojos with what we have then
Agree with this.
I guess the knock on effect of that and also the reduced cap/list this season makes memberships or even solo ticket sales an even harder sell for people who aren't rusted on fans. Will they pay the same price as last year to see youth and NPL players bar a few contracted senior players? not without results you wouldn't think!
Pretty much this. Getting our recruitment right this season is so important, even more important than previous seasons.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Some free agent strikers we could look at. I’d love it if we were to somehow sign Emenike.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/v ... 9&yt0=Show

Edit: Just realised Malick Mané was on that list who I completely forgot existed.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Any idea how much the Club has made with the recent siphoning off of talent? I want to support the club by buying my 14th annual membership but may be reluctant to part with more than$200 to do so with this season’s squad. Problem is, I’ve been spoilt.
Ultimately we made $600k on McGree

Adelaide United pocketed almost $1.5 million from sales over the past month, with the McGree sale to Charlotte FC assuming the lion’s share.

It is understood McGree was sold for $900,000, which could rise to well over add-ons, and more with on-sales, has propelled United’s total transfer dealings in the A-League era to in excess of $7 million, almost on par with Melbourne Victory.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os1 ... -davutovic

We'll never compete in out buying the big Eastern states clubs. We're aiming to be Ajax in Europe or Genk or maybe Sporting Lisbon, not PSG, Man City etc.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Ultimately we made $600k on McGree

Adelaide United pocketed almost $1.5 million from sales over the past month, with the McGree sale to Charlotte FC assuming the lion’s share.

It is understood McGree was sold for $900,000, which could rise to well over add-ons, and more with on-sales, has propelled United’s total transfer dealings in the A-League era to in excess of $7 million, almost on par with Melbourne Victory.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os1 ... -davutovic

We'll never compete in out buying the big Eastern states clubs. We're aiming to be Ajax in Europe or Genk or maybe Sporting Lisbon, not PSG, Man City etc.
Of course its always been the case that AU just can't compete. Even back in the Bianco days AU had cash to splash but still struggled to attract the top A-league talent. Its the most frustrating thing about all the lack of cooperation within the game locally. If the FFSA and club could have worked together better in the years gone by who knows where the club and game would be now. AU could genuinely become the Ajax of Asia and be bringing thru then next generation of Socceroos and as we've seen with Ajax players regularly move on to bigger clubs and leagues. But lots end up coming back to help the club success while helping the next gen thru.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:17 am

What Carl thinks ...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Some free agent strikers we could look at. I’d love it if we were to somehow sign Emenike.

Edit: Just realised Malick Mané was on that list who I completely forgot existed.
I'm just imagining Bruce Djite sitting at his desk doing exactly what I just did. Click that link, sort by price ascending and start working down the list haha
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 pm

I'm just imagining Bruce Djite sitting at his desk doing exactly what I just did. Click that link, sort by price ascending and start working down the list haha
Nathan Burns and Corey Gamiero on that list. I'd be very happy to see the club give those to a shot.

Seen on FB that the club is close to signing 17 year old winger Yaya Dukuly from Melb City. He's represented the Joeys.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 pm

Nathan Burns and Corey Gamiero on that list. I'd be very happy to see the club give those to a shot.

Seen on FB that the club is close to signing 17 year old winger Yaya Dukuly from Melb City. He's represented the Joeys.
Bruce Djite confirmed in his Q&A that Nathan Burns has retired. Corey Gameiro is now playing in the NSW NPL (second div of the NSW NPL to be specific), which is a shame.

By the way, that URL links you to players who have been out of contract since 2019, so players who haven't played for at least 12-24 months. Here's a link for players who have only recently become free agents.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/v ... &seit=2020
we da best
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Yaya Dukuly has officially signed for us on a scholarship deal.
we da best
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Bruce Djite confirmed in his Q&A that Nathan Burns has retired. Corey Gameiro is now playing in the NSW NPL (second div of the NSW NPL to be specific), which is a shame.

By the way, that URL links you to players who have been out of contract since 2019, so players who haven't played for at least 12-24 months. Here's a link for players who have only recently become free agents.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/v ... &seit=2020
His knee was a mess over and over and I'd imagine his head too after all that.
It's great he's playing at all, I hope it's going well for him.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”