Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sub007 Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Hence the comment about fucking Diawara off on New Year's Day and bringing in someone who can actually score consistently. Even with our new, wealthier owners, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing yet another permacrock plebeian who hasn't played in 8 months and hasn't scored in 18.

This could be easily avoided if we sign someone who's already proven themselves to be a reliable and prolific striker in the A-League, such as Bobo, Berisha or Fornaroli.
Bobo would be the only one of those players that would be successful in a team that relies heavily on crossing. Berisha is past it and I doubt Kurz would want Fornaroli if he's not meeting standards at City.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Hence the comment about fucking Diawara off on New Year's Day and bringing in someone who can actually score consistently. Even with our new, wealthier owners, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing yet another permacrock plebeian who hasn't played in 8 months and hasn't scored in 18.

This could be easily avoided if we sign someone who's already proven themselves to be a reliable and prolific striker in the A-League, such as Bobo, Berisha or Fornaroli.
Baba is being put on the long term injury list i believe which takes him off the roster allowing us to sign a new striker.

Thus the bobo speculation
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Baba is being put on the long term injury list i believe which takes him off the roster allowing us to sign a new striker.
They could have done that 18 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:06 pm

They could have done that 18 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
18 months ago we had different owners and i beleive they did it with dgengiz.

Baba is at the end of his contract now so the marquee spot is open where as before baba was always coming back into the squad.

So this is a little different
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes, that was a very poor showing by the players, but I can't believe how negative this forum has become.

Mileu - might have to go back to being an excellent impact sub while he rebuilds his confidence.

Elsey - will return to form, but looks tired/jaded at the moment, resulting in some really poor decision making. I'd rest him for two weeks, then bring him back in fresh.

Ilso - Kurz has played him in his favourite 10 position for two weeks .... and nothing. The Goodwin/Halloran/Kitto rotation at the 10 was giving us more. I'd move Ilso back to the 9 until we get a striker. He's not the answer at 9, but I think is our best (only real) option there at the moment.

Izzo - is a great shot stopper IMO, and he'll be disappointed with their second. He'll be fine.

Isaias - is having a very inconsistent season, which is surprising as he's usually so consistent. I think Boland was covering that over until he got injured.

Goodwin, Halloran, Kitto - some poor decision making at times. Started the season passing when they should shoot, but now shooting when they should pass.

Kurz - IMO is good. Does he make mistakes? Sure, which coach doesn't. But when we passed teams to death under Gombau there were supporters whinging and demanding more direct play. Now we have a coach who's more direct and we get complaints about being too direct. I like Kurz as a coach and am quite happy watching our style of play.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Having said all the above, I thought the players looked disinterested for 15 minutes after we conceded, before picking up just before half time.
Second half we weren't urgent enough to get back into the game. It really just fizzled out.

Also, I'm not a moderator, so I'm quite happy to ask again - who was making excuses on this thread? The answer is ... no one was making excuses, it was just a comment of frustration by one of the most negative posters on this board.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”