Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Izzo
Marrone-Regan-Mullen-Garuccio
Isaias
O-Doherty-Kitto
Ochieng-Baba-Mileusnic

This is pretty much our team right now (expecting that Mullen will sign and McGree is leaving), isn't great is it. Only positive is that all bar three are South Aussie lads.
I would think 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 double 6 are probably at least as likely as 4-3-3 as the formation.
I think Elsey is probably as likely to sign as Mullen, but we will wait and see, but including all players training with the side except McGree.
4-2-3-1
Izzo
Marrone -Elsey - Warland - Ochieng
Isaias -O'Doherty
Miluesnic - Kitto - Garuccio
Baba

Margush, Regan/Warland, Konstandopoulos, Marino, Blackwood.

Definitely need a number 10, or a second striker if we play 4-4-2 double 6. Burns could be great as a second striker,
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Would be happy with Mullen.

Has good HAL experience and is a local lad.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Would be happy with Mullen.

Has good HAL experience and is a local lad.
If we get a visa CB to lead the line and then we have mullen, regan, elsey and warland to fight for that other CB spot. Players get injured and suspended so I have no problem with 5 players for 2 positions.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Marco Kurz has some stern words for his new team
Anyone know what the stern words are?

B)
New Adelaide United coach Marco Kurz has some stern words for his new team
Rob Greenwood, The Advertiser
June 27, 2017 10:56pm

NEW Adelaide United coach Marco Kurz has a clear message for potential international recruits – don’t join the Reds if you want a holiday.

The German was at Hindmarsh Stadium on Tuesday afternoon as he prepared to launch United’s pre-season training program on Wednesday morning.

In his first interview since signing a two-year contract with the club earlier this month, Kurz told The Advertiser he was encouraged by what he had seen after touching down in SA this week.

The former Bundesliga star was also quick to spell out his priorities for filling the three vacant visa spots which remained in Reds’ squad.

“I’m very happy to be here in Adelaide,” Kurz, 48, said.

“We want to do everything we can to have a good, successful and honest season. But when we are looking at an international player, they must have more quality than an Australian player.

I want hard workers, team players and players who are hungry to play for Adelaide.

“They are not here for a holiday, but for a successful season.”

Kurz said he was convinced to join United after head of football Ante Kovacevic and chief executive Grant Meyer flew to Munich last month to offer him the job.

He was looking forward to seeing his players in action for the first time, but warned he would need time to instil new ideas.

“The club has given me a very good feeling,” the ex-1860 Munich, Schalke, FC Nurnberg and Borussia Dortmund defender said. “But we must think step-by-step, not more.

“On the first day I must get to know the team and get a feeling for the players, and the players for me. That’s not so simple, but we have time.”

Stuttgart-born Kurz watched DVDs of four United games before deciding to take the coaching role.

The former Kaiserslautern, Hoffenheim and 1860 Munich boss expected to lift the intensity in training to allow his charges to adjust to his high-octane style of play.

He hoped to help the Reds bounce back from last season’s disappointing title defence, but would not define objectives for the campaign ahead.

“I’m a new coach with new ideas and a new rhythm.

“We will train a little bit more than in the past and then step by step-by-step we will see what the players can win for the club.

“I think we must work with the team in the offence.

“Then we want to prepare them for good physical and technical football.”

The Reds have also unveiled former Croatian international Filip Tapalovic as Kurz’s assistant coach for the coming season.

The German-born mentor, who has arrived in Adelaide for pre-season training, played alongside Kurz at Schalke and 1860 Munich, racking up more than 100 Bundesliga games.

Tapalovic has previously worked as a youth coach and first team assistant at 1860 Munich.

Thanks for that.

Jawohl!
“We want to do everything we can to have a good, successful and honest season. But when we are looking at an international player, they must have more quality than an Australian player.
Jawohl!

We will train a little bit more than in the past and then step by step-by-step we will see what the players can win for the club.
Jawohl!

:mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Stuckey for some reason I can not quote the post which contains the point about Kostandopoulos but it is EdDog's post, the last post of page 544
I am Scott
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Didn't he sign for the Roar ??
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Mauk and Burns would be amazing signings, but I just can't see us getting them to be honest. Burns in particular would be a dream for me, one of my all time favourites.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Didn't he sign for the Roar ??
Kostandopoulos was at the Roar last season. Now back with the NPL team, but has he also signed for the senior team?
I am Scott
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 pm

I wasn't aware Konstandopoulos had signed a senior team contract either. Like Stuckey and Ghost, I knew he was back with the NPL squad but that's as much as we've heard until now I think.
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 am

Marco Kurz has some stern words for his new team
Anyone know what the stern words are?

B)
New Adelaide United coach Marco Kurz has some stern words for his new team
Rob Greenwood, The Advertiser
June 27, 2017 10:56pm

NEW Adelaide United coach Marco Kurz has a clear message for potential international recruits – don’t join the Reds if you want a holiday.

The German was at Hindmarsh Stadium on Tuesday afternoon as he prepared to launch United’s pre-season training program on Wednesday morning.

In his first interview since signing a two-year contract with the club earlier this month, Kurz told The Advertiser he was encouraged by what he had seen after touching down in SA this week.

The former Bundesliga star was also quick to spell out his priorities for filling the three vacant visa spots which remained in Reds’ squad.

“I’m very happy to be here in Adelaide,” Kurz, 48, said.

I want hard workers, team players and players who are hungry to play for Adelaide.

“They are not here for a holiday, but for a successful season.”

Kurz said he was convinced to join United after head of football Ante Kovacevic and chief executive Grant Meyer flew to Munich last month to offer him the job.

He was looking forward to seeing his players in action for the first time, but warned he would need time to instil new ideas.

“The club has given me a very good feeling,” the ex-1860 Munich, Schalke, FC Nurnberg and Borussia Dortmund defender said. “But we must think step-by-step, not more.

“On the first day I must get to know the team and get a feeling for the players, and the players for me. That’s not so simple, but we have time.”

Stuttgart-born Kurz watched DVDs of four United games before deciding to take the coaching role.

The former Kaiserslautern, Hoffenheim and 1860 Munich boss expected to lift the intensity in training to allow his charges to adjust to his high-octane style of play.

He hoped to help the Reds bounce back from last season’s disappointing title defence, but would not define objectives for the campaign ahead.

“I’m a new coach with new ideas and a new rhythm.

“We will train a little bit more than in the past and then step by step-by-step we will see what the players can win for the club.

“I think we must work with the team in the offence.

The Reds have also unveiled former Croatian international Filip Tapalovic as Kurz’s assistant coach for the coming season.

The German-born mentor, who has arrived in Adelaide for pre-season training, played alongside Kurz at Schalke and 1860 Munich, racking up more than 100 Bundesliga games.

Tapalovic has previously worked as a youth coach and first team assistant at 1860 Munich.

Thanks for that.

Jawohl!
Jawohl!

We will train a little bit more than in the past and then step by step-by-step we will see what the players can win for the club.
Jawohl!

:mrgreen:
Kurz is certainly making all the right noises.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
AM2011
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce

Postby AM2011 Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:22 pm

any news on a fee for Riley transfer?
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm

$2.50 and a bottle of Stella.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:04 pm

So if McGree is a done deal, why is Griffin causing a stink about releasing him and another 4 of our players to the Olyroos?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm

So if McGree is a done deal, why is Griffin causing a stink about releasing him and another 4 of our players to the Olyroos?
Because losing 4 youngsters means we won't have a team for the FFA Cup.

More senior players won't be signed until the first week of October so we will be relying on those 4 youngsters to put a side out in the interim.
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Because losing 4 youngsters means we won't have a team for the FFA Cup.

More senior players won't be signed until the first week of October so we will be relying on those 4 youngsters to put a side out in the interim.
Sorry, i wasn't that clear. Of course, that makes sense. I mean if McGree has "put pen to paper" and is going to Club Brugge, why is Griffin talking like McGree is still under contract with us and we have the right to keep him here for pre-season training?

Nothing has been officially announced from either club. Just Val's article saying its done.

I could be looking too much into it, it just seemed odd to me.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”