Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Reds4Life Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 pm

He doesn't seem to rate Marino, so why not throw Babalj in there even if we have no intentions of him being around next year ??

It does smack of a cap filler
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:25 pm

The club might be trying to help a player who injured while playing for us get back on his feet and give him a chance to prove himself if the chance arises.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 am

Danny Choi mania will once again hit the PlayStation4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s competition with Blacktown City FC once again winning the race in capturing the star studded attacker.
http://www.nswpl.com.au/index.php?id=24 ... c6c2751f92

Obviously he's hardly played if at all since leaving AU. But I still find it crazy no other HAL side has picked him up.
Time to Djbate!
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Margush is the goods, he's probably on a par with Izzo right now. I reckon if he had a decent contract and an extended run he'd be the next marvell. His reaction save of of Troisi's 8 metre out rocket was gob smackingly good.

As for Babalj just ???????
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Margush is the goods, he's probably on a par with Izzo right now. I reckon if he had a decent contract and an extended run he'd be the next marvell. His reaction save of of Troisi's 8 metre out rocket was gob smackingly good.

As for Babalj just ???????
His shot stopping on the weekend was good. His distribution needs work IMO and it probably is at a lower level than Hall's which may be the reason why he isn't AU's first choice with Euge out.
But that's not to say his distribution won't improve. That's one area of the game that Euge lacked pre-Gombau and that came on in leaps and bounds as a result.
The fact he (like Warland) were thrown in the deep end with an away game to Victory and both came away with good performances shows that AU have a bright future should they choose to offer their talented youth decent contracts.
I'd love to see all of AU's development players offered a 2-3 year deal as the club can then build for the future. They have IMO all shown (at least glimpses) of talent at HAL level and I think with a 2-3 year deal under their belt they can knuckle down and focus on being the best they can be with plenty of time.
This is what I love about ACL. The schedule is so busy that HAL club's are basically forced into offering their youth some game time.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Im on the fence about having talented youth.

Do we really believe we are going to get a few golden years out of mcgree and o'doherty? Imo they will be long gone before they are able to help the club win silverware.

They probably have a good three years before they really start to show their quality, right now they look like kids playing with men (albeit playing very well) I doubt either will be here beyond 22 and if they are it means they probably are not good enough.

Mabil left at 19 and had barely strung 2 consecutive good games together.

Kamau was complicated but was ultimately seduced by a bigger team after playing well for the back end of the season

Mauk was lured by europe having only played well for three months.

it seems like 2-4 seasons of development and a few months of consistent form and them they are gone.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sydmick
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Danny Choi

Postby sydmick Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Danny Choi mania will once again hit the PlayStation4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men’s competition with Blacktown City FC once again winning the race in capturing the star studded attacker.
http://www.nswpl.com.au/index.php?id=24 ... c6c2751f92

Obviously he's hardly played if at all since leaving AU. But I still find it crazy no other HAL side has picked him up.
He was reported to out for about 10 weeks or so with injury on leaving Adelaide if I remember correctly.

I'm about five minutes away from Blacktown City's ground and went on Sunday for the preseason Cup match against Blacktown Spartans who have been relegated.

Danny Choi played the second half, mainly on the right, was a bit rusty early on but ended up scoring twice in a 6- 0 win for City.

I think the issue in the past has been him not having Aussie citizenship, dont know if that 's been fixed or not, I think that's the only thing stopping him being signed up by an A League club.

I hope the citizenship issue has been sorted, I want to see him playing A League permanently and hopefully pushing for Socceroo selection down the track.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Im on the fence about having talented youth.

Do we really believe we are going to get a few golden years out of mcgree and o'doherty? Imo they will be long gone before they are able to help the club win silverware.

They probably have a good three years before they really start to show their quality, right now they look like kids playing with men (albeit playing very well) I doubt either will be here beyond 22 and if they are it means they probably are not good enough.

Mabil left at 19 and had barely strung 2 consecutive good games together.

Kamau was complicated but was ultimately seduced by a bigger team after playing well for the back end of the season

Mauk was lured by europe having only played well for three months.

it seems like 2-4 seasons of development and a few months of consistent form and them they are gone.
O'Doherty yes. Lately it seems the club is convinced he is actually a winger and wasn't just playing there as a stop-gap. It will inhibit his development enough to keep him out of the foreign eye. McGree probably not.

Mabil and Mauk had shown enough potential for a long time before they actually left.

The Kamau situation was easily preventable and it should be reasonable to expect the club hold onto such players now and in the future.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Was Kamau preventable though ?? The way they've been allowed to work the cap meant that his salary would most likely be significantly higher there than here. Not sure it was preventable at all
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Was Kamau preventable though ?? The way they've been allowed to work the cap meant that his salary would most likely be significantly higher there than here. Not sure it was preventable at all
Do we even know how early he signed with them last season? It's more hindsight that we should of signed him before he started to impress in the HAL.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Do we even know how early he signed with them last season? It's more hindsight that we should of signed him before he started to impress in the HAL.
He signed while he was injured.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 pm

The season is not long enough and there are not enough teams to keep our best players.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm

I consider it highly unlikely Melbourne City would have offered anything couldn't have or shouldn't have matched even at that early stage. Unless...

a) Kamau already wanted to leave or was easily convinced to. Which is a problem.

b) if there was a ridiculous offer. They should have adjusted other recruiting knowing he was leaving.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:03 am

I consider it highly unlikely Melbourne City would have offered anything couldn't have or shouldn't have matched even at that early stage. Unless...

a) Kamau already wanted to leave or was easily convinced to. Which is a problem.

b) if there was a ridiculous offer. They should have adjusted other recruiting knowing he was leaving.
I believe he's on about 70k at City.

Kamau signed while injured in the midst of not getting much, if any, gametime. His father also often urged him to 'go as far as possible' in football.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:11 am

At this early stage it seems that retaining Kim, despite his age, may be a good idea. He is fit as fiddle and seems to have the leadership and work ethic that makes him a good mentor for our younger midfielders. Chances are he isn't busting the budget either.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”