Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:34 pm

So lets see if the monkeys running the circus have learnt and sign McGree up for 3 years with a proper buy out clause....
Absolutely. Three years minimum. If we are going to be a club that exists only to develop young players, as some on here seem to want, then it has to be made profitable.

The players also need to be coached/counseled not to go too soon. Surely better to play a season or two longer here than sit on the bench for a reserves side in the Danish second division or whatever. Only the player's agent benefits in the short term from that kind of deal.
I agree with you that we have seen many players go to early but if that is what they really want to do there is nothing the club can do if the buy out clause is met.
I am Scott
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:25 pm

If McGree and O'Doherty aren't locked in for at least the next two seasons, questions have to be asked.
we da best
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 pm

So lets see if the monkeys running the circus have learnt and sign McGree up for 3 years with a proper buy out clause....
Absolutely. Three years minimum. If we are going to be a club that exists only to develop young players, as some on here seem to want, then it has to be made profitable.

The players also need to be coached/counseled not to go too soon. Surely better to play a season or two longer here than sit on the bench for a reserves side in the Danish second division or whatever. Only the player's agent benefits in the short term from that kind of deal.
I agree with you that we have seen many players go to early but if that is what they really want to do there is nothing the club can do if the buy out clause is met.
That's true, but we need to stop losing them on free transfers.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Is it clear yet how long baba signed for
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Is this a sign about Galekovic's future?
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:24 pm

I really wanted to see more than one game from Margush :(
we da best
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Oh Val, for once be right.

Signing Izzo would be a very very astute move.

Galekovic is just about done (has obviously been amazing) Margush and Hall aren't there just yet.

Infact a swap of either Margush or Hall for Izzo would keep our production line going.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Galekovic is just about done (has obviously been amazing) Margush and Hall aren't there just yet.

Infact a swap of either Margush or Hall for Izzo would keep our production line going.
Yep I'd be happy to see Eugene retire as an absolute club legend. He is not getting any younger and there is only so many operations you can have before your body says no more. Captain of our double winning team, captain of our FFA cup winning team, went to the last 2 world cups on his form at AUFC and has done very well in the Champions league.

We aren't going to win back to back premiers/champions this season so he may as well retire at AU knowing he has acheived all he could and move into the now open goalkeeping coach role.

Bring Izzo in who we know and who now has the HAL experience needed to be a suitable replacement for Galeckovic.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Yep I'd be happy to see Eugene retire as an absolute club legend. He is not getting any younger and there is only so many operations you can have before your body says no more. Captain of our double winning team, captain of our FFA cup winning team, went to the last 2 world cups on his form at AUFC and has done very well in the Champions league.

We aren't going to win back to back premiers/champions this season so he may as well retire at AU knowing he has acheived all he could and move into the now open goalkeeping coach role.

Bring Izzo in who we know and who now has the HAL experience needed to be a suitable replacement for Galeckovic.
I agree entirely.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:32 am

I'd be sad to see Euge go. He's still playing well for AU. I don't recall him being at fault for goals with any regularity.
Obviously he's not getting any younger and the club needs to plan for the future. IMO Izzo is impressing because he's been afforded that time to settle into his position. I think if Hall or Margush was offered that time as well they would be viewed with similar favour. I'd be happy to see Izzo come back but IMO the club has far bigger fish to fry.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 am

His body is breaking down a bit and he's one of our best paid players. It wouldn't be the worst thing if he moves on but I'd rather keep him for a little longer.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Probably asked elsewhere but just want to reiterate WHY THE EFF DID WE SIGN BABALJ?!?!?!

We needed playing stocks who could help us out 2 months ago.

At the start of Jan we were still a chance of making finals if we recruited well.

Has not even been on a team sheet yet...

:lol:
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Probably asked elsewhere but just want to reiterate WHY THE EFF DID WE SIGN BABALJ?!?!?!

At the start of Jan we were still a chance of making finals if we recruited well.

Maybe it's some sort of tax dodge?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Thats a very good question , fail fail fail
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules

Postby mcjules Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:37 pm

I've defended a lot of the signings but I can't that one. Feels like a cap filler to ensure we spend the minimum before next season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”