Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 am

I cant see why we would not keep him as an aussie coming off the bench. He could really change a game against a tired midfield/ defence. Not to mention his knowledge and experience for the younger players.

You just wont find a better australian am on such a salary.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 am

I tend to agree, but still, if he does not take an import spot next season, he would be great for a 30minute cameo and the odd start. He still has the quality that AU have lacked this season.
I would not be offering two seasons at this point though.
I agree what Carrusca should be providing is the biggest thing AU lacks. Which is someone to provide quality balls into the area on a consistent basis. But he hasn't done that for quite some time.
I don't mind the sound of a 30 min cameo role if he was interested in that as well. But that would be taking away the cameo role for someone else. Personally I'd much rather see AU offer that cameo role to a younger "live wire" type player like Mabil used to be for them. I think a fast kid with nothing to fear and a desire to run at defenders would be far more useful for AU right now over bringing Carrusca on. I think Ochieng showed that against City how useful that is. Josh Rose was no match for Ochieng's pace after flogging his guts out for 75 mins. IMO the last thing a wing back wants around the 75-80 mark is a fast kid coming on to expose their tired legs. Which is why we see defenders attempt to be overly physical with them early on in an attempt to strike fear of taking them on.
Plus there is added bonus of the potential of that young kid doing a "Mabil" and moving on to Europe for a healthy fee. Carrusca isn't going to make AU a big transfer fee.
IMO the con's just out weight the pro's for keeping him on at all.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 am

I cant see why we would not keep him as an aussie coming off the bench. He could really change a game against a tired midfield/ defence. Not to mention his knowledge and experience for the younger players.

When does he do that though? How many times has his presence totally cracked a game open for AU?
A young live wire is far more likely to do that then Carrusca is IMO.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

When does he do that though? How many times has his presence totally cracked a game open for AU?
When has he had a dangrous front third infront of him this season creating space and intelligent runs.

A killer ball takes 2 players to complete and sometimes a 3rd if you consider a dummy run to create space. The kids play well but are not so good off the ball. Kitto is never going to be the guy the break the line. Cirio and guardiola where the only ones a few passes ahead but have been out of form.

I dont think carussca has gone from best am in the league to dunce in 8 months
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 am

Chelo is still worth a spot on the roster, but only as an Aussie and also only if he understands he won't start every game even if fit to play.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:50 am

I perhaps have been a bit harsh on Carrusca, he has been a bit better the last couple of games and when he came on a couple of weeks ago his play lead to a goal.

However if SFC are prepared to give him a two year contract and he wants to go then I don't think the club should be fighting to had to keep him. He was to stay then it MUST be on a much reduced wage, not a marquee.

He still does have brilliant close in ball skills but I have noticed this season he has not managed to work that into the rest of the team. Perhaps as shinAUFC said above that is as much the fault of other players not offering up passing opportunities (Isaias has struggled to distribute as well this season) as him losing something from his game.

As a senior player he should be providing leadership and I think that has been lacking from him, he seems to have really dropped his head sometimes when we have conceded goals. It also shows in things like missing that shot on goal last week, that is not taking responsibility and showing leadership. A player of his skill and seniority just has to hit the target, the same applies to Cirio who has also lost the goal scoring ability. We have seen three young players, especially Ochieng in winning the game, take opportunities and put them away impressively.

ShinAUFC, Carrusca was not the best AM in the competition 8 months ago, Mooy was clearly the best last season. Ninkovic has been impressive this season.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Im not going to split hairs with you ghosty
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm

I say thank you and goodbye. Adelaide needs to sign better next season.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

When has he had a dangrous front third infront of him this season creating space and intelligent runs.

A killer ball takes 2 players to complete and sometimes a 3rd if you consider a dummy run to create space. The kids play well but are not so good off the ball. Kitto is never going to be the guy the break the line. Cirio and guardiola where the only ones a few passes ahead but have been out of form.

I dont think carussca has gone from best am in the league to dunce in 8 months
Even last season (8 months ago) how often was he creating balls into the area? Then he had Bruce, Pablo, Cirio and Goodwin to play off.
My argument is that he hasn't been a truly creative player for some time. Which is why I've been on his case for some time. His rate of assists for a AM is poor and his pass completion ratio is lower than is should be as well. It's generally in the low 70s, which means he's turning the ball over more than he should.
Even when he was playing very well last season, IMO his skill on the ball was of use and he had the fitness to be consistently of use to offer that skill. But he still was rarely was sending off a pass into the area that another player got on the end of.
So if the best he can offer AU is once fit being able to be strong on the ball and provide extra numbers in an attack then I really feel a younger local could with the same amount of game time, could develop into a player with a good work rate and the ability to release pressure on other players just like Carrusca. I don't think AU definitely has a young Carrusca now. My point is why bother playing Carrusca for 4 games only for him to pick up an injury, take 3 weeks off, then take two weeks to get back up to speed, to be of use for 3 weeks, to only get injured again.
Give a younger player in the side a few starts considering how bad the side is how much worse can things get?
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 pm

I think Mells was signed as Chelo's eventual replacement.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Maybe but he does not strike me as being very creative or very strong defensively. He seems to be a reasonable passer of the ball and that is about it. He needs to develop a broader well rounded game otherwise his passing is not going to be enough. He needs regular game time but is not playing well enough to get it and he is not a DM so playing him there is not going to achieve much. It is a pity he can not play for the NPL side because I think that would help him a lot given the amount of time he lost at the start of the season due to illness.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

I think he was. From vision of his time with Southampton he's certainly displayed the ability to find a pass into the area. So why not offer him a few appearances in that role?
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:29 am

The Vidosic boat has sailed.
Time to Djbate!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:12 am

Carrusca deserves another year, the guy is quality.

We also need to be looking at the lads we can bring back:
- Mabil
- Mauk
- Goodwin
- Jeggo
- Malik
- Djite
- Izzo
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 am

So we were assured reinforcements were coming before the transfer window closes after we lost our 3 major signings in january.

Febuary 17th will be the first time we see a single signing touch a blade of grass. Terrible!

The writing was on the wall post christmas for Guardiola and Holland given the rumours. Henrique was our only performing forward and we sold him so that must have been in the planning post Christmas.

Bad seasons are inevitable especially in the aleague after huge success. However during these times surely the club would be wise to show a little ambition to put fans nerves at ease.

Lord Kitchener or who ever it is that is in charge of our reinforcements need to pull their finger out

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”