Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:17 pm

If we were going to sign someone in this window it would have been prudent to sign them early january given the aleague finishes quite early.

At this rate we will sign this phantom player on deadline day and end up waiting a few more weeks for his visa to come through and he might get 5 ot 6 games with no time to acclimatise to a new league.

This is all considering we just let holland go and have kids left in the midfield.

I feel like the off season was a tough one but believe the club could not to much about the huge exodus. However they are well and truly behind the curve still which is not good enough.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm

If you heard Amor, I think they want to move pretty quickly on a signing. Particularly because of the ACL registration deadlines. I think we'll hear soon if we're getting anyone.
bptiger
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: ciro

Postby bptiger Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

well before the season started, I was critical of the club for letting so many players leave and for signing no-one. and a lot of so called people experts on here jumped all over me, well here we are still at the bottom of the league and guess what we let another senior leave, but wait theres more we don't look like signing any one to replace him. yes we resigned isaias, but how much did that cost us for him to stay in a team going no where. the club has let all us fans down and all of south aust by not fielding a strong team. god help us in the ACL fixtures.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Back then it was way way too early to call, I don't think being optimistic was a mistake bptiger.

Of course now that we have seen what Guardiola, Holland, Makarounas brought to the team, and how shite all our normally good players have become, it turns out you hit the nail bang on the head... Retrospect eh.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

well before the season started, I was critical of the club for letting so many players leave and for signing no-one. and a lot of so called people experts on here jumped all over me, well here we are still at the bottom of the league and guess what we let another senior leave, but wait theres more we don't look like signing any one to replace him. yes we resigned isaias, but how much did that cost us for him to stay in a team going no where. the club has let all us fans down and all of south aust by not fielding a strong team. god help us in the ACL fixtures.
I'm not sure who has called anyone or themselves an expert on here?
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm

It was pretty obvious that we had a weak squad which made letting Djite go without any decent replacement lined up, absolutely mind boggling.
Clearly the club is broke and banking any fees earnt, I mean as mentioned earlier, two weeks ago it sounded like signings were imminent, yet 23rd of Jan and still nothing. ENd of this week there must be at least 2 decent signings or why even bother - the league will be over and bugger all time to acclimatise into the team for ACL (and we've seen how well that goes so far).
Club has let its members and its fans down big time this season, basically be starting all over again next season as the double last year will seem a long way back...
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:22 pm

It was pretty obvious that we had a weak squad which made letting Djite go without any decent replacement lined up, absolutely mind boggling.
Clearly the club is broke and banking any fees earnt, I mean as mentioned earlier, two weeks ago it sounded like signings were imminent, yet 23rd of Jan and still nothing. ENd of this week there must be at least 2 decent signings or why even bother - the league will be over and bugger all time to acclimatise into the team for ACL (and we've seen how well that goes so far).
Club has let its members and its fans down big time this season, basically be starting all over again next season as the double last year will seem a long way back...
I agree it was very obvious the squad with all its outs was going to struggle. I hoped the couple of key signings the club made would be enough but it wasn't.
As you say the club just doesn't have the money and ability to recruit the same level of player that East Coast clubs can.
So replacing the stars of last season was with hindsight basically impossible.
Time to Djbate!
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:08 pm

It's more the lack of movements in that worries me. We hear of players leaving or possible on the move but nothing to strengthen our squad. Rumors Ben G will be gone and so too Sergio Guliolla. Ben will be a lost, Sergio G goes not look like is will come good anytime soon. Problem been no replacements.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:16 pm

@AdelaideUnited officials confirm Sergi Guardiola may return to Spain. Story to come @TheTiserSport

Pop the champagne everyone 🥂
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:28 pm

It's difficult to believe any team would be interested in him.
Maybe they have "alternative facts".

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:51 pm

B)

I actually think he'd do okay in Spain / less physical league but just can't get a shot away here.

Glad we are letting him go. Not going to be here next season so why persist with him.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 pm

B)

I actually think he'd do okay in Spain / less physical league but just can't get a shot away here.

Glad we are letting him go. Not going to be here next season so why persist with him.
I think with a change of tactics (which has taken place in the past few weeks) he could still do well here. He is strong on the ball, has good bursts of pace and has a striker's mentality which probably only Henrique is the other player with that. You don't get signed by Barcelona for no reason and people don't just forget how to play the way that got them to that position.
But I agree if he's leaving at the end of the season and there is a chance of getting someone else in longer term I think that's a better option.

I think the Guardiola experiment has obviously failed and IMO I put it down to naivety from everyone.
From him for seemingly thinking the HAL would be a walk in the park.
From Amor and AU for not identifying that he isn't the same player as Bruce and using him more correctly.
The fans like me who just expected him to succeed.
The other fans who think someone Barcelona thought highly enough to sign is a donkey, some of which are ignoring the external factors contributing to his failure.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 pm

B)

I think with a change of tactics (which has taken place in the past few weeks) he could still do well here. He is strong on the ball, has good bursts of pace and has a striker's mentality which probably only Henrique is the other player with that. You don't get signed by Barcelona for no reason and people don't just forget how to play the way that got them to that position.
But I agree if he's leaving at the end of the season and there is a chance of getting someone else in longer term I think that's a better option.

I think the Guardiola experiment has obviously failed and IMO I put it down to naivety from everyone.
From Amor and AU for not identifying that he isn't the same player as Bruce and using him more correctly.
The other fans who think someone Barcelona thought highly enough to sign is a donkey, some of which are ignoring the external factors contributing to his failure.
Yes, it's a shame it did not work out for all concerned.
I'll be interested to see how he fares if/when he does return to Spain.

B)

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

B)

Yes, it's a shame it did not work out for all concerned.
I'll be interested to see how he fares if/when he does return to Spain.

B)

B)
Yes me too.
Palanca moved back to Europe and contributed at Segunda level in Spain before moving to the Polish first division where he's having quite a good season. So it shows that just because a player fails here doesn't mean they won't succeed elsewhere.
I seriously doubt many would have signed Berisha before coming to Australia. His record before Brisbane is inconsistent at best.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:28 am

Apparently we are close to signing a foreign attacking midfielder. Hopefully that means in the next couple of days. Even that would probably mean they could not play this weekend.
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”