Referees

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Referees

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:40 pm

We can't dismiss the possibility that Amor *did* push him (it would be a very shonky ref to make that up). Disappointed but not surprised with the extra week & suspended sentence.
I wouldn't say shonky. I'd say maybe precious or self entitled.
Yeah I'd side with that assessment.
I'm all for protecting the refs. Man handling a ref should always be dealt with. But like a goal scorer egging on opposition fans in a celebration and copping a missile to the face. You can't help but feel they brought this on themselves, and if their actions/behaviour wasn't present the situation wouldn't have occurred in the first place.
I'm not saying the referee was intentionally making a bad call but because of their massive lack for judgement/ability to call what was taking place in front of them and man who most can't imagine raising his voice in a half time talk became physical with an official.
How many other leagues have had 40% of the coaches reprimanded in the first 7 weeks of the league?
But like many associations and organisations its far easier to point fingers at others than fix the actual issue they have been in relative control in the entire time.
So in the end the outcome is fair enough. But it shouldn't have got to this point in the first place. Sadly the FFA have learnt nothing from this so it's only going to continue, where refs are going to be under trained, the point of constant criticism and in the position of being at risk of being assaulted.
Thats a fair point, imagine if 40% of premier league managers had been repremanded.

its probably going to take a team walk off mid game after a range of reckless unpunished tackles fly in until they take clubs, players, managers and fans concerns seriously.
Or legal action from clubs. Although I imagine part of the FFAs HAL club agreements is that HAL clubs can't push legal action against the FFA.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:53 pm

We can't dismiss the possibility that Amor *did* push him (it would be a very shonky ref to make that up). Disappointed but not surprised with the extra week & suspended sentence.
I wouldn't say shonky. I'd say maybe precious or self entitled.
Yeah I'd side with that assessment.
I'm all for protecting the refs. Man handling a ref should always be dealt with. But like a goal scorer egging on opposition fans in a celebration and copping a missile to the face. You can't help but feel they brought this on themselves, and if their actions/behaviour wasn't present the situation wouldn't have occurred in the first place.
I'm not saying the referee was intentionally making a bad call but because of their massive lack for judgement/ability to call what was taking place in front of them and man who most can't imagine raising his voice in a half time talk became physical with an official.
How many other leagues have had 40% of the coaches reprimanded in the first 7 weeks of the league?
But like many associations and organisations its far easier to point fingers at others than fix the actual issue they have been in relative control in the entire time.
So in the end the outcome is fair enough. But it shouldn't have got to this point in the first place. Sadly the FFA have learnt nothing from this so it's only going to continue, where refs are going to be under trained, the point of constant criticism and in the position of being at risk of being assaulted.
Thats a fair point, imagine if 40% of premier league managers had been repremanded.

its probably going to take a team walk off mid game after a range of reckless unpunished tackles fly in until they take clubs, players, managers and fans concerns seriously.
Or legal action from clubs. Although I imagine part of the FFAs HAL club agreements is that HAL clubs can't push legal action against the FFA.
Another reason why the league needs to be independant.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Also why was the findings from the ethics commitee defered until today?

Wouldnt happen to do with flying under the radar of the ffa cup would it?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Fornaroli to be suspended or fined for yelling fuck off during the acceptance speach for the ffa cup ?

Bringing the game into disrepute? Watch the videocit was loud and intentional.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:39 am

Presumably this ref will be sitting out the next couple of weeks for coming in contact with a coach.

8)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Presumably this ref will be sitting out the next couple of weeks for coming in contact with a coach.

8)
All arnold needs to do is say he touched him with enough force to re balance but not enough for him to fall over.

I personally know the ref though, he is a stand up guy and would hever do such a thing :p
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

8)
All arnold needs to do is say he touched him with enough force to re balance but not enough for him to fall over.

I personally know the ref though, he is a stand up guy and would hever do such a thing :p
Oh so you're one of them now I see! :lol:
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 pm

8)
Is he actually touching Arnold or is his hand in the air next to Arnold? It looks like the later to me.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Fornaroli says he meant to say "vamos".

Seems legit
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:15 pm

FFA statement regarding Bruno Fornaroli

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has reminded Bruno Fornaroli of the standards expected of professional footballers after the Melbourne City FC captain used inappropriate language while making an acceptance speech after the Westfield FFA Cup Final in Melbourne on Wednesday night.

Head of the Hyundai A-League Greg O’Rourke spoke to Melbourne City FC CEO Scott Munn, who has counselled Fornaroli on his responsibilities under the Code of Conduct.

“Whilst we take into account Fornaroli’s apology and the fact English is his second language Bruno’s comments on the stage after the Westfield FFA Cup Final were inappropriate and FFA can not condone what was said,” O’Rourke said. “This is a general reminder to all players and officials that foul language is not acceptable and offends many in our community.

A Melbourne City FC statement read: “In line with FFA regulations, Melbourne City FC has conducted an internal review of the player’s language at the FFA Cup Final trophy presentation at AAMI Park. He regrets his use of unsuitable language and has apologised.”
General Ashnak
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:35 pm

8)
Is he actually touching Arnold or is his hand in the air next to Arnold? It looks like the later to me.
Hover hand Harry, I'd buy that.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”